Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i bet they're not even fancy japanese style toilets too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Janitor Prime posted:

i'm probably miss reading the market then if everyone else thinks getting140 K in Seattle outside of Amazon and Microsoft is realistic

cash up front or stock over time?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

it's ~13-15k after taxes, bonuses are crappy because there's an immediate 25% to the IRS on top of other stuff

bonuses are taxed as any other income, its just that since its tacked on top of your normal salary the bonus will always be withheld at your maximum incremental rate. its not crappy because its exactly the same as any other additional income you'd get

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

it depends how the company does it but unless you have a million deductions you're lucky to keep 70%

no poo poo, if your withholding is close to your actual tax cost then you've already taken into account your deductions and credits so you're going to have to withhold from your bonus whatever your current marginal bracket is in. so if you're single and make $37k-91k then yes it'll be 25%, on the income 28% above 91k and below $189k

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've interviewed at places that did the 2-day interview, but they were mostly hiring fresh college grads for way more than fresh college grads usually make, and they at least had the courtesy to buy everyone a fancy dinner and put them in a nice hotel. And give you a yes or no within a week. Who in the hell is doing 3 day interviews with homework? That's absurd and anybody but the most desperate wannabe junior devs should be giving them the bird on the way out the door.

what do these places do for people that already work at a company

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

indigi posted:

is Target any better in terms of how it treats its employees overall. I worked there for one (1) week before I got a job at the Census Bureau and I'm gonna hazard a big fat "no"

you have air conditioning and bathrooms at target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i'd imagine that they wouldn't be doing enough development in specific areas to necessitate a full time development staff of experts in that area

but i suspect that they're outsourcing it to someone in india, not minneapolis

• Locked thread