Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
No really, I don't get it! I mean, we make so much more money, wear a one-sie to work, sweet TDYs, squadron bars, etc. Flying itself is actually the worst part!

Topic of the month: Tips on maintaining a perfect coif with having to wear a flight helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
20/400

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
You know, I was thinking about this the other day, but all joking aside, it is pathetic how support dudes (I believe mx calls them nonners) are so loving jealous and resentful, complaining about pilots and poo poo. Like I put a loving gun to your head and forced you to sign up for the goddamn AIR FORCE. Who did you think was going to be running poo poo, the personnelists?

You're welcome for having a military service where a cushy flying club aviation culture dominates it. The only reason why the AF is the cushiest branch is literally because of the aviators. You want a service run by non-aviators? Go join the Army and see how it is. Or the Marines. You will never have to worry about "those drat pilots" again. Even worse are those lovely senior NCOs who are like "not in my Air Force!" and gets spun up about enforcing some stupid reg, and I'm like, no, bitch, it's actually MY Air Force, because we actually fly the planes, which is the whole drat point. You're just some dumb gently caress in a back office who is in charge of more equally useless people.

We seriously need to just and purge all the useless loving nonners and replace them with TCNs imported from Bangladesh who will work twice as hard for 1/20th of the pay.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

20/200 vision, astigmatism in one eye, green-colorblind, 2000 hours

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rekinom posted:

You know, I was thinking about this the other day, but all joking aside, it is pathetic how support dudes (I believe mx calls them nonners) are so loving jealous and resentful, complaining about pilots and poo poo. Like I put a loving gun to your head and forced you to sign up for the goddamn AIR FORCE. Who did you think was going to be running poo poo, the personnelists?

You're welcome for having a military service where a cushy flying club aviation culture dominates it. The only reason why the AF is the cushiest branch is literally because of the aviators. You want a service run by non-aviators? Go join the Army and see how it is. Or the Marines. You will never have to worry about "those drat pilots" again. Even worse are those lovely senior NCOs who are like "not in my Air Force!" and gets spun up about enforcing some stupid reg, and I'm like, no, bitch, it's actually MY Air Force, because we actually fly the planes, which is the whole drat point. You're just some dumb gently caress in a back office who is in charge of more equally useless people.

We seriously need to just and purge all the useless loving nonners and replace them with TCNs imported from Bangladesh who will work twice as hard for 1/20th of the pay.

Reminder this is Rekinom, just replace the Lincoln Town Car with a F-16 or whatever.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Rekinom posted:

Given that this is basically what we do at deployed locations already, I support this

Contract out mx while you're at it

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
What about us nurses and other medical personnel?

Actually please get rid of us so I can go independent contractor and make like twice as much while working half as much. gently caress contractors in their stupid overpaid faces. My envy knows no bounds.

Vagon fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 16, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Lightweight.

Hello refractive waiver for a Class III. :smug:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Vagon posted:

gently caress contractors in their stupid overpaid faces. My envy knows no bounds.

:smug:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeOWZLpVK58

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fold the af back into the army, fold the marines back into the navy, then drop the nukes gently caress it all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

fold the af back into the army, fold the marines back into the navy, then drop the nukes gently caress it all

i am down with this

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Keep going, almost there...

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

This was a good time to post the thread because soon enlisteds will be able to fly drones and maybe even manned aircraft? They get paid less and aren't as well-educated, which clearly means they won't be as willing to jump ship to the airlines

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No, most of that isn't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

fold the marines back into the navy

Woah woah, we kicked them out for a reason.

• Locked thread