Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Goons of War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I joined a pubbie guild that had 29/30 members, and gently caress these dudes simply refuse to finish guild quests. I want my loving keys assholes :argh:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Code is GILOK plz invite for raids

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Left my pubbie guild, please invite GILOK

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm really happy to be in Gem Blossums because it has the best name.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

delfin posted:

A tip for Arena: Color balance is important, but so is having multiple damage sources. If you go in with a team that's too heavily focused on support skills, you can get rolled pretty easily.

For example, I went into Arena just now with a perfectly color-balanced squad and a plan:
Hero w/Crossbow of Exile (Green, 7 true damage to an enemy)
Serpent (Blue, create 7 red gems, poison first two enemies)
Valkyrie (Red/Yellow, convert color to blue, gain souls)
Grave Knight (Brown/Purple, destroy armor, do 3 damage)

Serpent and Valkyrie feed each other. Poison leeches away the health of enemies to where Crossbow's true damage can one-shot them, and Grave Knight's special neuters armor and can kill a heavily poisoned foe, otherwise setting them up for Skull matches to kill them. Every gem match feeds mana to someone. Sounds great, right?

Sure. But what happens when the Hero drops? Serpent's and Valkyrie's skills feed each other _but don't directly damage anyone_ and can't poison anyone past the first two slots. They can set up favorable boards for skulls, but only if skulls are on the board in the right places. So the other team can end up with fresh guys on the bottom with damaging skills, no way to easily kill them off, and death by attrition. It's a decent core for farming souls somewhere else, but run out of Arena in three fights.

I don't know the stats on all those guys, but I'd probably put Grave Knight in slot 1 since he seems the most expendable, especially with your poison/true damage set up. I might even replace him with a better brown/purp. Hero either in slot two to cover when he dies, or in slot four to soak up "damage last enemy" powers.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Challenges and PVP I guess. I do Arena for farming personally but that doesn't work with an assembled team.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Jibo posted:

Rock Worm is a drat champ. So far my only arena loss was because of one that just kept comboing himself until it ate my whole team.

Also built an Arena dream team today. Banshee, Valkyrie, Druid. I don't think I lost a single character through the whole thing. I also highly recommend the Staff of Madness from the Glory shop for anyone starting out and can afford it. It's been doing some drat work for me.

The other stone thing has been pretty awesome for me so far in arenas. I put my hero in the second slot and by the time my first slot is dead my hero's boosted a bunch of his stats. also fuels blue dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Grundulum posted:

I've know that statistics gets wonky when dealing with small numbers, but hot drat am I tired of getting Lady Sapphira from keys. There are still *rare* cards I don't have, and I've seen Sapphira no fewer than four times.

I've had at least three each of Brian the Lucky and Tyri.