Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I'm level 14 and can't seem to beat Sheggra. What sort of setup should I be going in with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shwqa posted:

What units are you using and which do you have?

Edit: or just play arena once or twice and level up your units.

You can't access the Arena until you beat Sheggra :shepicide:

The closest I've gotten (only Sheggra left with 12 HP and me down to one guy) was with Zhulkari banner, Hunter's Spear on my hero, Reaver, Goblin Shaman, and Archon Statue.

I have: Fortress Gate, Acolyte, Priestess, Centaur Scout, Dwarven Miner, Bombardier, Scale Guard, Satyr, Zombie, Banshee, Flesh Golem, Dire Wolf, Rex Warrior, Frost Giant, Peasant, Lance Knight, Warhound, Goblin

I wasted about 7,000 gold on keys before I realized I should probably hold onto most of it.

e: also, wasn't aware levelling one color got you better weapons so I spread my points all around. Would I be better off just restarting if I can?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 17, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shwqa posted:

Doesn't Sheggra make a bunch of skulls? Frost giant deals 1 extra damage for each skull on the board.

Also don't worry too much about your level mastery. It seems random to what you can pick each level.

YES that did it! Frost Giant with the 18 damage last turn win. Arena riches here I come!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Last trip report in the Android thread Gem Boys was full up with actually active players with a 14 day inactive kick rule.

Someone with 3,000 gold should make a new guild so I can leave this pubbie one and stop showering ungrateful plebs with my gold donations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
My invite code is FADEDREALITY when the time comes.

How about Gem Men? :smug:

e: whoops that is literally a worse version of Toshimo's idea.

Geem Squad I dunno I'm tired

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 17, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

HamSmoothie posted:

This dumb game eats so much time...

I'll take an guild invite sooner or later, too. Code is HAMSMOOTHIE

I think it's because unlike most free to play mobile games there's no stamina, timer, hard paywall, or soft paywall just the option to accelerate progress you're already making.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I've been using Alastair, Rock Worm, Autumnal Imp, and Finley and haven't lost a single Invasion. On defense I guess it's pretty bad because I have at least 1 defense defeat every day but using it I usually end up with 3-5 uses of rock worm in a single turn.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
What are people running as defense? I'm trying out:

Alastair
Drake Rider
Vampire Lord
Stone Giant

to see if I can get the AI to start working out some automatic gem conversion and extra turn 4 match combos.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from my experience a good tip for new players is to make sure you put a meat shield like your hero in spot 1 and have some other dudes who do direct damage. The AI priority goes:

matches above 3 > skulls > abilities > 3 matches

If you want to keep a color whose mana you want next, let the AI match some skulls and they'll chose that over your mana.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Android thread got me itching to play this again but my old save is lost I guess. In again as FadedSA

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I swear the next move suggestion priority goes:

4+ match > skulls > a match that will give the AI a 4+ match or skull match :tinfoil:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Holy crap you guys weren't kidding about the weekly guild reward dumps. I woke up to 250 keys, some gems, and enough glory to buy one of the new packs and I'm only level 37.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Excuse me any time I do poorly it's AI cheating to encourage me to whale

e: You have to contribute to your guild's Tasks to receive rewards, right?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 21, 2017