Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
New guy here, been using these two lists from the Android Gaming thread:

Quest Rewards
Troops

I'm sure there's more stuff buried in that thread.

Few questions:

Should I spend gold on keys?
My hero dude is lvl 19 and I'm wrecking teams 10+ levels above me. How do you know when to skip? Could I take on a lvl 50?
How's that second guild coming along? edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Invite Pistonotron, got plenty of gold to shower you goons with.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Got my first legendary with a guild-funded key :getin:

Venoxia, needs 16 gems :stare:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Bandire posted:

Venoxia is pretty good. I was underwhelmed when I first got her, but at max level she creates 9 green and 9 blue. I've been pairing her with Dryad (8 blue/yellow for an 8 point heal and create 8 green gems), and with just the two of them I can often just alternate chain casting them until everything falls over dead.

He'll have to stay on the bench for now, the only complementing card I have is the Goblin Shaman and even then he needs purple gems too.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Just won a defense (a revenge? I guess) against a guy 40 levels above me (29 vs 69) playing with a full deck of legendaries. No idea why he would even attack me.

One of my crappy, underleveled cards? Rock Worm. Well, Frost Giant did most of the heavy lifting, but still.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

One spot open in Gem Blossums.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor Goon posted:

Thanks! I'm still really low level and poor as gently caress so I might not be able to donate gold to the guild as much as the others, but I'll be sure to do so as soon as I can :shobon:

Our previous recruit, a sophisticated gentlegoon named Moat, donated 60k in one day and his savvy investments have netted him multiple keys, souls and maps. This scrub I'm quoting has donated 0 gold so far yet he received the exact same rewards. Fox News was right.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Gem Blossums has a couple spots; can't invite you myself, though. Limited spots for higher ranks is bullshit.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Got a little over 50 gems, buy a costume now or wait? I feel like buying now is the better move since saving up for the more expensive ones could take a long time and having even only 50% more [something] right now will really help. Not sure which one to choose, though, as they're all extremely useful.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I have the opposite impression: more often than not the game seems to give me just what I need to win even when I'm close to defeat. Sure, sometimes the AI gets a few 4-gem matches in a row, but I get those too and also a ton of prearranged skull matches that just drop from the sky. Even critical hits.

Treasure maps, though? Now those are unforgiving. In 10+ maps I've only ever managed to get one vault.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Still lvl 40-something but managed to get Gorgotha a while ago, he's amazing :allears:
I had to bench him, though, the dream team (Treant, Alchemist, Val, Banshee) is just too profitable to use anything else.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

I don't get how banshee/valk/alch works as a combo. So much double up on colours.

Also what so I need to do to unlock arena. Keeps telling me to do quests.

In my case, order is: Treant, Al, Val, Banshee.

Go for reds to power Al whose golden shower will rain down on both Val and Banshee. Use Val's ability to boost Banshee's attack which turns everything red thus powering back Al. Val's move also powers Treant's ability, but I only use it when there's nothing better to do; not uncommon to have him at 20+ attack one- or two-hitting everyone.

I've been giving those guys a break and using Gorgotha more. With him on the frontline (followed by Al, Druid and Skeleton), things go very well. I start with reds to power Al to power Gorgotha. Druid is there as a backup and to have someone use blue/green gems (gets powered pretty fast with Gorg's move). Skeleton is the ace in the hole: he creates skulls and gives you another turn, perfect to use when Gorgotha is powered-up. It's a massacre.

Oh, and I've just got Keeper of Souls. Doesn't give you an extra turn, but turns the board into a sea of skulls. Legendary pals are gonna wreck poo poo :getin:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone else finding the game too easy? How are you lvl 100 guys doing in general? I'm at ~50 and, as long as the cash is right, I'll attack anyone. Dude 90 levels above me worth 1k? No hesitation since a win is pretty much guaranteed.

I'm still having fun, but I miss the challenge of the early game when you faced a tough team and only a lucky Rock Worm-fueled cascade could save your rear end.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Your home kingdom has a "Defenders" menu.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Start funneling that cash into tasks, I'm still 350 gems away from the top armor :/

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

How many gems do you guys usually pull from a treasure map? I don't think I ever managed more than 4.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I have 30+ maps but, at this rate, clearing them would take me a couple weeks and only gain me 100 gems.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

drat, my go-to team (Gorgotha, Keeper of Souls, Alchemist, Druid) doesn't get any bonuses; according to that Worm Rock pic posted above, I'm not missing much, though. At least not enough to replace any of my dudes.

Playing on Hard (i.e. disabling the combo-breaker) really makes a difference: Gorg-man doesn't always survive the entire match now :eyepop: (previously he was immortal).

The speed increase is a little wonky, but it's much appreciated on treasure maps. Those cascades sure took their time before. They still do.

New interface doesn't seem adapted to phones, things are pretty small on my 5.5" screen.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Kakaroth is finally maxxed. Gorgotha now explodes 8 gems :shepface:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I always buy whatever the weekly reward is and I never use them, but a blue/green character that generates purple is exactly what I was looking for; Keeper of Souls has never been this busy. The random skill boost is completely useless, though.

Gem Blossums: keep completing gem tasks you selfish assholes :argh:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Arena isn't PVP so no dudes were pissed.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

No changes to gold rewards in PVP? Was attacked by a level 1000 guy, every troop 40+ hitpoints (no bonuses!)... you'd figure a whale like that would net you a couple million, not a pathetic 1k. Not that I won, mind you, but still.

Jibo posted:

Also I'm looking forward to Souls being relevant again since I have an absolutely insane amount of them right now.

How many?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Grundulum posted:

Now that another midnight has rolled around, I've noticed two more things about the daily login. First, there is a gold bonus attached to the PVP rank -- Rank 1 got me 1000 gold in addition to the 16 glory (and also in addition to the typical login bonus). Secondly, and more importantly, you get one gold key for every kingdom level you have upgraded.

This explains why grrarg got like twice as many keys as I did yesterday. :v:

So this provides yet another reason to upgrade your kingdoms as evenly as possible. The return on investment is much greater when you are buying lower kingdom levels than it is at the last few.

Is this a VIP thing? Because I only got 25 keys with two kingdoms maxed and the rest at least lvl 5. No extra gold either.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Jibo posted:

I'm at VIP level 2 and got 1k gold with my glory and 103 keys with one maxed kingdom, two at 9 and the rest at 6 so maybe.

That's bullshit. I don't have any survey bucks, so basically the devs are telling me I can either pay up for VIP status and get a decent amount of keys or I can give up traits and ascensions for pretty much ever.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I've replaced Treant with Green Slime and I find the team is much more efficient now. Unlike Treant, the Slime guarantees you an extra turn* while providing all the purple Banshee could ever want.

*with a little patience and smart use of Alchemist/Valkyrie

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Winning defense also gives you keys.

duckfarts posted:

Also, revenge is broken for me; after I win one, trying to do one again will cause the game to get stuck loading something and I have to close and reload the game.

Same.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

What are you guys doing with gems? The soul armor isn't worth it nowadays (I've got the gold armor), so spend it all on chests?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Still haven't found anything better than Gorgotha, Keeper of Souls, Alchemist, Green Slime. No bonuses at all, but it's very fast and lucrative. Do a little prep work with Al and Slime so Keeper can transform pretty much the entire board into skulls. He'll one-shot anyone and, after you've exhausted the 4- and 5- matches - assuming anyone is still standing - just have Gorgotha explode the board to clear any stray skulls (18 damage is the best I've got so far) and provide gems to get the cycle going again.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

I like Green Slime/Green Seer/Goblin Shaman/Keeper of Souls. Use Goblin Shaman to put some Green orbs on the board, then use Green Seer to create 4-5 orb Green combos to power up the Green Slime, then use the Slime to convert those Green orbs to Purple (powering up Seer, Shaman, and Keeper in the process). Repeat until the Slime's Attack is high enough, then use Keeper's skill to deal massive damage.

And as a nice side bonus, Green Seer also entangles enemy troops, so if your opponent happens to get a turn, there's not much they can actually do with it. :v:

I like this but, with so many kingdoms to upgrade, losing Alchemist and his 25% gold bonus would be rough. Still gonna try it, though, if I have enough souls to level Seer and Shaman.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I tried this

DaveWoo posted:

I like Green Slime/Green Seer/Goblin Shaman/Keeper of Souls.

and it is pretty fun, but it depends entirely too much on Slime. If he's gone, the team's broken: you're down from five gem colors to just three; Keeper stands as the sole damage dealer, yet unable to do so without first filling up the other two characters above him since they all consume the same gems. When it works, it works, but you only need a couple unlucky skull matches to lose Slime and make the game last ten gruesome minutes.

Back to the dream team. All six gems are used, losing the first guy is no big deal (though at 34 combined hp, it doesn't happen often) and games rarely go past four minutes.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Been playing since August and I still only have 8 legendaries - 2 of them are seasonal imps - so there's that.

KoS is definitely my main guy. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been nerfed yet (though how would you do that?), especially since Green Slime's introduction made racking up multi kills so easy.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Gem Blossums has ten members who've been away for more than two weeks, most of them more than a month. How's Gem Boiz doing? Maybe we should consolidate.

Also, I'd like to thank all the heroes still completing guild tasks. I'm just finishing up Darkstone but as soon as that's done, I'll start contributing again.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Sorry about that, I kept thinking I would get around to it but didn't. Never really got a good team and now the arenas are kind of trash. So you can give me the boot and I'll bother whoever again when I get the urge to play some more.

Nah, don't worry about it. Since the other guild is full and we haven't got any new recruits, there's no need to boot anyone.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of gloom leaf, I just got him with one of the event keys. Anyone has a good team with him? First legendary since who knows how long, but I can't see any way to fit him with my main gang (Gorg, KoS, Alchemist, Slime) so he might just get benched.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of, new dream team: Gloom Leaf, Keeper, Green Slime, Green Seer. Slime and Seer support, Leaf vacuums armor and attack, Keeper spreads death. Every green match gives me 5 gems, every purple 4, so the massacre happens quickly.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

So how do you procure arcane stones? Besides cash money, I mean.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Jibo posted:

Chests and treasure maps. Also any stage you clear has like a 80% base chance of dropping a random trait stone.

It seems daunting but after a couple of months of playing I'm filling mine out.

Not a newbie, I actually posted on the thread's first page. Which was... last August? What the :psyduck:

Asking because I seem to only get up to Runic drops; I don't recall ever receiving an Arcane from a battle.
I'll set the home kingdom and do the challenges, see if that helps. Thanks.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I must be doing something wrong, then. How many battles do you have on the counter? I'm up to 600+ and I can't buy any of the second traits for my main team (they all have the first one) :
1/10 Beast
2/8 Swamp
0/10 Skull
0/8 Plains
(all Arcane stones)

I haven't played a map in a long time, though...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Great! Except I'm actually not interested in KoS' second (+4 life for every kill) or third traits (summon a Wight). He's in third place on my team so he faces little danger and a Wight is of no use to me - and most of the time there wouldn't be any room for him anyway. I'll save my 2k glory for Gloom Leaf and Green Seer; now those have some drat good second traits (+2 life for every 4 or 5 match and +2 random skills for every ally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Having to check your "mail" and click on every single reward is the worst.