Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

PvE Quests:
These are basically worthless. There is an overworld map with a bunch of different kingdoms on it. Each kingdom has about 10-15 quests associated with them. Many quests have multiple parts to them and it costs a (mostly small) amount of gold to go on each quest. However, you generally only generate as much gold from these quests as you spend and the rewards are paltry (and I'm being generous). When you complete all of a kingdom's quests, though, you do earn a Legendary card for your team, but many of these are underwhelming. You can use the card list, or check the strategy section in the second post, to figure out which ones are worth it.

You get Epics, not Legendaries, they unlock Challenges on completion, which give a whole poo poo ton of Souls, most of the Epics are really good, and they help level your kingdom, which is also good. I don't know why you'd call these worthless, but I'd say they are the exact opposite.

Also, here's a map for the cool kids of all the kingdoms, their bonuses, and tributes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

FadedReality posted:

I'm level 14 and can't seem to beat Sheggra. What sort of setup should I be going in with?

If Sheggra is the last boss of the 1st town, you can just skip it and come back after you do some other stuff (like start a 2nd town). It's a much higher difficulty than the starting parts of other towns.

If you really want to tango with it, use Hero + Goblin/Boar Rider/Rocket Goblin + Something that eats red gems (Templar/Reaver).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can anyone with a gold bonus armor confirm/deny whether it lets you break the 105 gold per-fight cap?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Recycled Karma posted:

Guild name ideas:
The Gem Dandies
Gem Blossoms
Gem Rats

(Code: REFRACTION)

Soul Men

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Shwqa posted:

Oh dang there two weapons to buy with glory this week.

Staff of maddness looks fun but is a joke. 16 mana to deal (magic)+0 damage to all enemies and steal one skill from each is just too much cost for too little. Probably could have been around 12-14 cost.

It'll be a nice option to have for Arena.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Definitely gonna try to pick up an armor today:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I just updated the second post with a Goblin team strategy... I put in much more :effort: than I needed to, but please feel free to share your strategies here and I'll copy and paste them to the post.

Are you sure you can pull Rocket Goblin from keys when he's not available for wings?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tony Homo posted:

Should your team be composed in such a way that you have all colors accounted for? I feel like such a noob and maybe I'm just not understanding something.

Generally, yes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

why tf this poo poo incompatible with my phone ive got a good phone gently caress you i wanna play puzzle quest

quote:

Hey Adventurers!

I thought I’d share a few bits and pieces today about what we’re up to currently. We’re continuing on with weekly content but we’ve been also been working away on a couple of major things quietly.

First off is of course, the next major patch! At a broad level, we’ve been revisiting various parts of Gems of War to help it keep pace with the ever expanding content of the game. I’m sure a bunch of you are asking ‘So does that mean new guild features?’, and while there might be a little addition to guilds, we’ve opted to focus on some aspects of the game the affect absolutely everyone. I won’t be drilling down into the details until we have everything locked down (Sorry gang!), but expect improvements across a variety of aspects of the game :simple_smile:
That’s still a good while away, but I wanted to give you the heads up that it’s coming!

We’re also aiming to expand our range of compatible Android devices next update, as I know a few of you have found your devices are incompatible. Unfortunately sometime’s it’s not just a matter of raw power, but also hardware combinations. The good news is that we’ve identified most of the problems that currently exist, and will aim to have them resolved next update.

Next! A brand new Kingdom is on its way, with new quests, troops, and challenges! Huzzah!! Keep an eye out on the blog for more details, but that’ll be with you sooner rather than later.

And lastly, a new forum is coming! This has been overdue for a while now, and I’ve been chipping away at this as my little pet project. I think you will really like it!
While the new forum will do everything you’d expect the current forum to do, some big additional features are:
-An exceedingly better post creator and editor.
-Real user profiles, with the ability to make them look pretty rad.
-The ability to create wiki style posts, for those of you who want to team up and work on guides together.
-Achievements, do awesome things and help your fellow forum goers, and you can unlock these.
-And more!

We’ll be switching this on at the same time as the new Kingdom, since we figure there will be a lot to talk about around that time.
Now the important thing – Due to a variety of fun technical reasons, there won’t be a migration from the old forum and the new forum. This means that when the time comes, you’ll need to create a new account, and transfer any content across that you wish to keep. We’ll be shutting down these current forums, but will leave them available in archive mode for a little while so you can grab anything you need after the fact.

As a little bonus, I’ll organize a small amount of gems for players who get some awesome guides on there is the first week!

OKAY, big post, but I think that’s all from me for now. As we get closer to the new forum launching, I’ll post a reminder that this is impending!

Thanks everyone, hope you’re all excited!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DaveWoo posted:

18 coins now. Should I just get 1 level of each mastery?

Keeping all the masteries the same is the norm.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Pell posted:

You just need a few more levels for your troops. Do the Stormheim quest chain to get Valkyrie to get way more souls per battle to help level up. Also, legendary teams are super slow, and there are plenty of non-legendary teams that will tear right through them. The team I posted earlier is composed of all troops that are super easy to get.

Valkyrie isn't a quest reward. She's just a normal rare.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Shwqa posted:

a fine tuned guild is the best source of gems. And maybe the only source of gems. I think I got 10 gem from my kingdom one time.

I got most of mine from maps. And, theoretically, with a bunch of leveled kingdoms, you should be getting the multi-bonus more often.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Wait I've doing invasion not arena
What's the difference between them? Invasion gives you rank, you want it high weekly, and arena is more balanced for souls money?

Arena is separate game mode unlocked by clearing Broken Spire where you draft a temporary team of level 10s.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zotix posted:

What is the difference between the key types? I pulled a Tao out of the first kind of key this morning, he seems pretty good.

Magic keys guarantee an Ultra Rare (blue) and have increased drop rates of Epic (purple) and Legendary (red).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Pell posted:

A great team combo will trump the durability of the hero. Its sometimes better to ditch the hero for combos that can endlessly loop. A team like Venoxia, Brian the Lucky, Webspinner, and Valkyrie will have unlimited turns after a couple rounds.

They are talking about Arena there. You can't ditch the hero (or get Epics/Legendaries) in Arena.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DaveWoo posted:

Is there some kind of limit to the amount of gold you can get per battle using skills like Alchemist, etc? My Challenge battles keep giving me exactly 105 gold, and my Invade wins keep giving me exactly 100 gold over the listed reward.

105 is the pre-armor cap for all fights (PvP bounty gets added to this).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DaveWoo posted:

Well, that's kind of a bummer. What's the point of even having skills that generate gold if you can't exploit the gently caress out of them?

The gold skills are useless for generating gold, but are great at gem switching.

But, yeah, they just don't want people like us generating 1000+ gold/fight.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Shwqa posted:

One the gems of war forum people were claiming of you just want diamonds then making only up to green chest is the best route.

I heard the same thing but red chests.

Either way, Vaults are always bad.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zotix posted:

Are the Mobile and the Steam versions different? Or can you load up your mobile version on steam?

You can use the same account for both.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sign up for the new GoW Official Forums for a free magic key: http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/get-a-free-magic-key-this-week/74

quote:

To celebrate the new forum, we'll be giving everyone who signs up a free Magic Key for the first week!

Simply sign up and reply below with your Invite Code.
(It's in the Hero menu!)

After a certain amount of time determined by magic and planetary rotation, a key will appear in your account!

New unit list:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

vulturesrow posted:

In the Android Gaming thread summertime mentioned a good "starter team" that I think consisted of Sapphira, Atlanta, Raven, and either Bearbarius if you had him or else Hero with an appropriate color weapon. Anyone remember this or confirm I am right?

Sapphira, Atlanta, and Raven are all good duders.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

rotaryfun posted:

I've been playing for a about a week or so and I have no idea what treasure map and vaults you're talking about.

If you have been playing a week, you should have all 18 kingdoms unlocked. Treasure Maps are used in Zhul'kari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!