Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Toshimo posted:

Can anyone with a gold bonus armor confirm/deny whether it lets you break the 105 gold per-fight cap?

Yeah I've gotten 150-something before with my big cascade team. I'm regularly over 105 with that team and a 50% gold boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Gem Session
Gem Class Heroes

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It moves pretty quickly once people start completing tasks.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

For the new guilds, I recommend we prioritize:

1st Key tasks (so everyone can start to build a good stock of troops)
2nd Maps (for good gold farmin')
3rd Gems (to start saving for outfits and such)
4th Souls. The boost to souls is nice, but the other three make more sense to go to first.
5th Tokens. Tokens are great, but the bonuses aren't so great that we would want to pour money directly in there. Plus, you get tokens for every task.

Priorities change slightly with a high-end guild, but not much.

Thanks for bringing this up.

What do we think our priorities should be for Gem Boys? If we are focused on maximizing gems, I think it should be something like:

1st Gems: ~36k gold for 10 (Obviously)
2nd Maps: ~27k for 2 (I really like treasure maps, and the tasks basically pay for themselves. Two maps probably gets me around 1500 gold, 100 souls, several glory, a few gems, and the occasional Iron or Magic key.)
3rd Tokens: ~11k (Debatable. These tasks are typically around 11k gold, so they can be finished quickly to try and get another Gems or Maps task.
4th Keys: ~36k for 6 (I think Iron Keys lose a lot of their value once you have most of the Blue/Ultra Rares. The tasks are expensive, but each key nets you a minimum 20 souls per if you don't get anything new. Also a lottery ticket for Epic/Legendaries is never a bad thing.)
5th Souls: 22k for 100 (Not bad, but Map and Key tasks tend to give 100+ souls indirectly.)

Tokens could go anywhere in the bottom 3 slots. I personally would rather do the 11k Token task instead of the 36k Key task to try and get Gems or Maps next.

Edit to not double post:

Wallet posted:

Is the amount of glory you get each day for each of the PvP ranks listed somewhere? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, do guild tasks reset at the end of the day (or week or whatever), or do they stick around until they get completed?

You get 16 per day at rank one. I would guess it works something like 17 minus your rank.

Guild tasks stick around until completed.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 18, 2015

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The Pell posted:

Honor shouldn't be spent on maps. Once the guild gets rolling, you'll have constant supply (I'm sitting on about 175) right now. Spend honor on the weekly goodies.

Definitely save a good chunk of Glory, but it's okay to spend it on maps once you get a decent reserve. Staying above 100 is probably pretty safe.

If you get pvp rank 1 on Monday you'll get something like 98 Glory from the Daily rewards for the week. This week was expensive to get both weapons, but usually you only need somewhere around 70 for the weekly thing. Maps also give several Glory from a good run.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The Pell posted:

Right now I have 6k Glory, 3k diamonds, 175 maps, and a ton of gold.

:stare: No offense, but I think you are a little far removed from where we are. If you are totally out of things to buy, sure they are useless. To me and most people here treasure maps are still really lucrative if you have extra glory. I really enjoy the treasure map mini game anyway.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

My best team early on was Hero, Druid, Valkyrie, and Goblin Shaman. Druid is a wrecking ball and does 16-20 random damage for 12 mana at max level. Not being able to target specific enemies is a downside, but you should be able to feed it mana fast enough for it not to matter.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

How many people are still waiting for invites? The 2nd and 3rd guilds should start growing pretty quickly, and OG Gem Boys has an inactive guy that needs to be punted.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

How many people are still waiting for invites? The 2nd and 3rd guilds should start growing pretty quickly, and OG Gem Boys has an inactive guy that needs to punted.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

seravid posted:

Got my first legendary with a guild-funded key :getin:

Venoxia, needs 16 gems :stare:

Venoxia is pretty good. I was underwhelmed when I first got her, but at max level she creates 9 green and 9 blue. I've been pairing her with Dryad (8 blue/yellow for an 8 point heal and create 8 green gems), and with just the two of them I can often just alternate chain casting them until everything falls over dead.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Shwqa posted:

Oh man I'm only 85 gems away from a 500 gem armor. I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. The gold armor is awesome for guild, but I already donate a lot and it just not very exciting. The soul armor makes a normal match give about 30-40 souls with valkryie. And the soul armor looks better.

I think I want to make as many troops level 15 before I burn out on this game. So I'm leaning on the soul armor.

I'm in the same boat. I've earned almost 400 gems in the last two and a half weeks somehow. I've done a ton of treasure maps I guess.

I'm leaning towards celestial armor as well. I'm not having gold production problems in the least, and I'm sure I'll have well beyond 500 gems by the time I'm even remotely done farming souls.

Edit:

Tiny Chalupa posted:

When is that pvp reset?

Monday morning 10am central US time.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It seems like every time I pick Valkyrie or one of the other color converters in it always backfires, and my last pick doesn't include a unit with the right color.

That becomes less of a problem as you unlock better weapons for your hero I guess.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'd say they are both pretty good. The orb is a decent little brown to blue converter along with the random skill boost.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sarihn posted:

Looks like the new kingdom is in. Just had one of the new orc cards pop up in the arena.

Yep. Grosh-Nak is the name. It's in the lower right corner and gives a red/brown bonus.

Edit: There's a rare orc called Summoner that summons a ghoul and gives all allies 5 life. I've been wanting to see if Black Beast can be usable, and this guy seems like a perfect match.

There's also another new orc called Drake Rider that converts yellow to red for a damage boost. Should be interesting.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I changed my mind again and bought the Dragon Armor today. I just got 2300 gold from an Invasion. :stare:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DaveWoo posted:

Just got my second Legendary! It's... Keeper of Souls again. :v:

My first three legendaries were all Venoxia. My next two after that have been Orion. Thanks RNGesus!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Getting the 50 gem gold one is super useful when combined with the alchemist/Valkyrie/banshee combo, you can get 158 gold every mission not counting the rewards, plus a map here and there. Instead of losing gold you are making 70-100 each time! I have heard to skip the 100 gem ones though.

Good advice. Also don't be afraid to spend excess glory on treasure maps. Keeping 150 or so glory in reserve is a good idea, but treasure maps are a good source of gold/souls/gems.

quote:

not sure there is a way to include a message with the invite, otherwise definitely

There's no way to add a message unfortunately.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm getting an issue every now and then where a fight will start, but I can't do anything. I don't get to make a move, and the Turn arrow is blinking over the enemy team endlessly and nothing happens. I can't even quit the fight because it isn't technically my turn. I have to close out the app to get out of it. Really obnoxious.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

There are a few troops like Rock Worm or Webspinner that feed themselves that aren't bad to have multiple copies of. You only have to level one copy, and levels are saved even if you disenchant all your copies of a troop. I disenchanted my only copy of a level 5 common as a test, and when I got another copy he was still level 5.

That said, I generally try to keep an extra copy of everything Ultra Rare and higher, because I'd rather have that extra copy in case there's a use for it rather than the extra souls. You can go in to each individual troop you want to save and change the disenchant threshold to 2, and it will keep 2 copies of that specific troop when you hit Disenchant All Extra Copies.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Ok, and as a PSA - changing threshold for one troop, doesn't change it for all of them. I now have 2000 souls and a single copy of each troop except the Dwarven Miner of which I own 2. Live and learn.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The disenchant threshold has to be set for each individual unit.

Regarding treasure maps, my strategy is fairly simple. This might be a little obvious to some.

Always try to avoid spending a turn. A 5-match gives an extra turn, and a 4-match is a free move. If you make a 3-match and then a cascade causes a 4 or 5, then you get the best result for that move.

It can be worth slowing down and waiting for the game to suggest a move if you don't see a 5 match available. If there are multiple free moves, you should go top to bottom to try and avoid breaking up free moves lower in the board. You should be able to build up several extra turns early in the game. Unfortunately you can only get one extra turn per move even if you get a dozen more in a cascade.

Try to clear out lower tier coins at the bottom of the board when you don't have a free turn to make. They can clog up the map and prevent you from making higher level matches.

Try not to make any extra Red Chests. Red Chests give the same number of Gems as Green Chests, so you are giving up a shot at 3 (or more) Gems for a shot at one Iron Key and better lower tier rewards. If you have several turns banked and lots of Green Chests, try to clump them all together so you don't waste Green Chests creating Reds. Vaults can give 2 gems or a Magic Key or lots of lower tier rewards, so they are worth trying for.

Please feel free to add any other suggestions.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Jibo posted:

This is how I do it except for the chest thing because I don't care enough about optimizing my gem output. You honestly will be more limited by the amount you can make rather than needing to avoid matching them.

Also while clearing out lower tier rewards on the bottom is important, I would say that it's more important to try and set up future free turns if possible. If you don't have a free turn available, you may be able to manipulate the board into giving you one on your next match or two.

Also if there is no optimal play at all, simply go for whatever is going to give you the most cascades in hopes of getting a lucky free turn, which again may seem obvious.

It's important to note that next piece that your match generates will be in the position of the one you moved, so it's easier to manipulate the board if you keep this in mind.

Yeah I really only avoid trying to make Red Chests towards the end of the game when it looks like I won't make a/another vault. It's definitely optional if you don't really care about maximizing gems.

Setting up cascades and free turns is definitely important, and I kind of mentally lumped that in to the avoid spending turns part.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Not your fault at all. Just carelessness on my part.

edit: Also - I had no idea that the red chests didn't give better loot than green. Thanks.

I was trying to find the chart that Toshimo just posted. The lower tier rewards get better. It's really only relevant for maximizing gems.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

So what is everyone using as the fourth troop with the Alchemist/Banshee/Valkyrie trio? I've been using Tau, and he gets charged up huge but doesn't live long.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DaveWoo posted:

So, any thoughts about the new weapons up in the Glory shop? They seem a bit on the weak side to me, but maybe I'm missing something...

Well, my basic farming strategy is to run Alch/Valk/Banshee/Finley and just Invade anything with a reward of around 400 or higher. That way, I net at least 200 gold per successful Invade, plus up to an extra 100 gold and 40 souls from skills.

Defend is pretty good too, since it only costs 50 gold, and you get a bonus 1000 gold for every 15 successful Defends.

The weapons both do something interesting. It is generally a good idea to buy everything in the Glory shop if you don't have it just for collect-ability and arena purposes.

The Prey Seeker is a brown mana true damage, which I don't think existed prior. The hunter's mark thing kinda sucks, but they just changed Orion to also apply hunter's mark making that a good combo. There's plenty of ways to entangle someone too, so Nature's Wrath can potentially be useful as well.

I've been running Hero with Deepstone with my Alch/Valk/Banshee farming team, and that seems to fit pretty well to me. Hero is pretty sturdy, and Deepstone lets you use that blue mana and blow up trouble spots and create combos.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

What's guild membership looking like for the goon guilds? OG Gem Boys is still 30/30, but has at least a couple guys ready to be punted.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I just got a Gar'nok and paired him with Black Beast x2 and Summoner. It's kind of funny to see how huge I can buff up the beast to, but it's not terribly efficient I guess.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

We've got probably three guys in OG Gem Boys that need booting too. We should maybe promote some people as well. Lots of unused officer slots.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

For extra content: I'm about to hit 50 gems. Should I buy one of the entry level armors or wait till 100 gems and get the next tier? If the former, was thinking that I should get the gold boost rather than souls or XP. Sound right?

I think it's a good idea to buy a 50 gem armor of you don't have anything yet. Gold boost is a good first armor.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Doing challenges with an Alch/Valk/Banshee team is a decent change of pace from the Arena. It's not going to be quite as efficient as Arena for souls grinding, but its something different and that team gives you a pretty decent chance at Treasure Maps in any given match.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

EvilElmo posted:

I don't get how banshee/valk/alch works as a combo. So much double up on colours.

This group is constantly converting unneeded colors, so you are still using green and blue just not directly.

I use Adana as the home kingdom for the red/yellow boost. Match red/brown to power up the Alchemist as soon as possible. Then cast his spell on a color that gives you a 5 match if possible as they give double mana. Try not to use the Alchemist on Red or Blue gems because that makes chaining harder.

Finish powering up Valk/Banshee if they aren't already. Once they are both ready, cast Valkyrie's skill on anything but Red that will give you an 4+ match and extra turn. Then cast Banshee's skill, hopefully giving you a 4+ match, an extra turn, and powering up the Alchemist again to start the cycle over. Once you get rolling you can go several turns in a row and end the match pretty often.

For the fourth (really the first) member, I like to use something tanky that doesn't use red, yellow or brown. Treant is a good choice as Seravid mentioned. Hero with a blue weapon is also good. I use Deepstone since it gives me some board manipulation when I don't have any good options to continue chain casting.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Obscil posted:

Congrats guys! We're doing a pretty good job.

Coincidentally I opened my first legendary today. I opened Venoxia. It seems like it is pretty good, but 16 is a really high cost. Does anyone know how good it is?

Once you get her skill charged you can potentially chain cast it with a good team and some luck.

I like to run Venoxia, Wight, Dryad, and Hero with Prismatic Orb. Wight gives you good targeted true damage and makes purple gems. Dryad keeps Venoxia topped off and creates green gems. Venoxia feeds them both blue and has 10 attack (11 if you use Scales banner.)

The last spot is pretty flexible. Webspinner goes really well with Venoxia too if you get it. I haven't gotten one yet.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

overseer07 posted:

I've been running Jarl Firemantle, Goblin Rocket, Griffon Knight, and Satyr. It kicks a fair amount of butt in terms of constantly firing off the Goblin, but Satyr feels a bit weak here in terms of synergy. Any suggestions on what to replace him with?

Boar Rider is pretty great and uses purple/green.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Challenges definitely count. I am pretty sure the only thing that doesn't count is treasure hunting.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Desdinova posted:

Getting started and looking for guild invite:

Duskmoor

Invite sent.

Gem Boys has several inactive players now and probably needs some housekeeping.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Antti posted:

I've donated daily and got kicked out so an invite for ANTTI would be appreciated.

I just sent you an invite.

The problem is any gold that you donate does not show up in the guild roster list until you do a non-treasure map fight. I've tested it some the last couple days, and I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. If you just log in and donate, your last logon time won't change and the donated gold still shows at zero until you fight a match.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Antti posted:

I'm not seeing it but maybe it's still worming its way through the system.

Also good to know, I hadn't done anything in a while besides logging in and doing the occasional treasure map and pouring my regular gold income into quests. Just gotta take care not to forget to do that once in a while.

I invited you again. I also sent an invite to "Antti " with a space on the end. Both exist, so who knows.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Tiny Chalupa posted:

When do you guys stop leveling troops for your home Kingdom? I'm at level 5 with all challenges completed, maxed, not sure how many more arena souls I should dump on people I'll never use

I got mine to rank Four to get the +1 life. Then I started working on getting all other kingdoms to rank Four because Kingdom bonuses apply on invasions too. It's a ridiculous slog though.

Antti posted:

Got it now, thank you!

Sure thing. FYI your invite code does have a space on the end.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Elewem posted:

Any chance I could get an invite to a semi-decent guild? Invite Code: Elewem

I sent you an invite to Gem Boys.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

There's a Double Souls weekend event going on where you get double souls for Arena and battle rewards, and it stacks with armor effects. I just got 1600 souls from a full Arena run plus 16 souls per win.

It does not buff challenges awards unfortunately, but I can't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Correct.

Arena was already the best way to farm souls, and now its ridiculously good. Especially if you have a +Souls armor.