Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
I'd also like an invite. My code is SAVIK. Do we need to quit our inferior pubbie guilds before we can be invited?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Just quit my pubbie guild. If there's still a spot I'd like an invite for SAVIK. If not I can start the third guild.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As for where they appear I don't honestly know. Click on guild and see if one appears

Thanks. Got it. The guild button gets a little pulsing exclamation point to let you know an invite is waiting.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

duckfarts posted:

Noticed this too; I like that it moves faster, but it feels a bit janky/weird now

I can't describe it either, but I liked the old animations better. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the update.

Has anybody found any good invade teams that take advantage of the new bonus system?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

grrarg posted:

I figured out what this is. Your arena team carries over the bonus of your invasion team. So if you have a Zaejin goblin invasion team, your arena team can have +10 health from 4 goblins and up to +4 attack from 4 marauders.

I just came here to post about that. Is that intentional? It seems like a bug to me.

Is goblin team now the best team? I've tried some other combinations but with those bonuses nothing else comes close.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

ninguno posted:

Do you guys ever scout troops? All these hammers and antibrown troops might do something if people did, but all I have is a hammer (goblin shaman + 3 goblins) so everything looks like a brown and green nail anyway.

I always scout because some teams just aren't fun to play against. I don't want to play against three of the same gem creators and a prismatic orb. I've also gotten into situations where games just turned into slogs. Goblin King vs. Goblin King takes forever to play out.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

psivamp posted:

Down to like 6 green ( "Rare" ) tier cards left. After that I'll go back to the more sensible course of upgrading kingdoms instead of buying up tons of chests.

You may want to prioritize upgrading Darkstone. From the latest patch notes.

Balancing and Changes posted:

Darkstone Kingdom Skill
Darkstone’s Kingdom Skill gained at Kingdom level 10 has been changed from Armor to Magic.

http://gemsofwar.com/baby-youre-a-firework/

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Traits are really frustrating. I finally got a Centaur Scout with Agile, but it feels like my Agile never works while my opponent's Agile works three or four times in a row. I know it's probably just recall bias, but still. It makes the game feel less fun. Does the AI combo breaker work on traits?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Grundulum posted:

Hey Savik, if you want to bump me back up to guild leader again I can take care of the various invites/boots that need doing.

I'll do it when I get home from work. Who are you again so I promote the right person?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Grundulum posted:

Look near the top of Gem Blossums' roster and take a guess. :v:

Promoted! Let us begin the purge and shower the new members with gems and keys!

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

What's your defense team? I've started skipping annoying defense teams, such as a pack goblins or one true shot troop with a bunch of skull generators. Even if I can beat them most of the time those teams take took long to play against, and those matches just aren't fun. My typical defense team is Drake Rider, Dark Song, Summoner, and Gar'nok. They get crazy attack bonuses so they can get an occasional defense win on big skull combos.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Grundulum posted:

Hopefully, like you said, 2.1 will introduce something that grabs me again.

Agreed. I'm kind of burnt out right now too. There's no sense of progression just grinding for souls and traitstones to power up troops to make new teams. Especially because any team has to include Valkyrie for those sweet, sweet souls.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Grundulum posted:

Check your game now. Just sent an invite to Gem Blossums. Sawful, you drew the short straw and got booted. If you want back in just post in the thread and we'll boot the next most inactive player: Savik.

Go ahead and boot Savik if you haven't already. It's been real, but I just couldn't handle the PVP grind anymore. I blame Khorvash.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I'm looking to jump back into a guild. My invite code is Savik. I burnt out hard a few months ago. I couldn't stand grinding out PVP against fully traited Emperor Khorvash teams. Has that gotten better? Is there any decent way to grind out traitstones? It felt like no matter how much I played I could never keep up because I didn't have a stockpile of resources to level up and trait up the latest overpowered troop of the week. The new events seem like an interesting concept. Does it help to keep things fresh or is it still the same PVP grind?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I'm remembering why I burnt out so hard. PVP against infinite loop teams is infuriating. Once Queen Mab, Valkyrie, and Justice get going there's nothing you can do except wait for it slowly kill your team. You can't even retreat while it's not your turn. I had to force close the app. Ugh.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Bandire posted:

I'm a little torn on guild wars. It's fun now, but feeling like I have to play every day in a casual spare time phone game is a little off-putting. I log in a bunch of times every day to collect tribute, but I won't always have 30 minutes in a day to juggle teams and play 5 matches. Hopefully they do add a bunch more team slots soon.

I'm really enjoying guild wars. As a higher level player before guild wars after I hit rank 1 in PVP there wasn't really anything that I wanted to do. Especially when the event of the week involved defeating enemies in explore. No thanks. Now I can do something meaningful every day. It's also forced me to try out new teams and new troops. It also helps that the goon guilds aren't super competitive so winning all 5 matches everyday doesn't feel like an obligation.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

With the bonuses this week 4X Scale Guard is a surprisingly effective defense team. I'm sure it will be a popular pick for the guild wars this week. Does anybody have any effective counters? After four turns half your team is dead.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

Is there any way to balance deathmark or devour so they're fun? No matter what the percentages are you're going to be upset when they don't fire for you or they do fire for your opponent.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

It's good that they're rethinking guild wars, but you're right about activity being down. Without bite size daily tasks I can't find the motivation or desire to play. Even though I know I shouldn't be influenced by cheap psychological tricks, I do prioritize playing games with daily tasks since I don't want to miss them. Because I can always play Gems of War "later" I just never get around to it.

It doesn't help that the traitstone grind sucks. It's hard to get excited about getting new troops or trying out new teams when you need to grind for days first. Is it unreasonable to think I should be able to unlock a new trait on average about once a day to keep things interesting and maintain a feeling of progression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I'm out. I left the guild and uninstalled. Losing three guild wars matches in a row to Kraken teams sealed it for me. I'll probably be back at some point, but that was so ridiculously frustrating that I need a nice long break. Hopefully the meta shifts to something more fun at some point. Devour was a mistake.