Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd also like a invite - code is DAVID 87.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

Haha i just had a crazy match. I had webspinner and valkryie and they had rockworm and acolyte. The board was changing around like crazy.

I love board-change fuckery; my current team is Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee/Templar. It's amazing how often I can chain together all the actives to give myself several turns in a row.

Edit: How many goon guilds do we have right now? I could create another, if there's enough demand for one.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 18, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wallet posted:

There are three, but the latest one is only half full at the moment.

I'll take an invite to that one - my code is DAVID_87.

quote:

Edit: Also, does anyone know why there's a flashing exclamation mark on my invade button all the time? It's sort of annoying.

I think it means you got invaded - try hitting the Defend button to see who invaded you. (Kind of counter-intuitive, I know.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Obscil posted:

Should honor be saved up for the exclusives, or spent on treasure maps? I'm guessing that it is best saved for exclusives.

Also, whoever has a high enough rank in the gem boiz should try to spend our guild coins on bonuses. We've got 16 coins just waiting to be spent.

18 coins now. Should I just get 1 level of each mastery?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guess it doesn't matter, because apparently I'm not high enough rank to use tokens. v:v:v

(How do you increase your guild rank, anyway?)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Quick question - do the special weekly items you can buy with Glory typically go for 50-80 Glory apiece, or are there more expensive items out there? Trying to decide how much Glory I should keep around, just in case.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 20, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I've put together a team that can farm up a ton of gold and souls. Is there a preferred level for just straight-up farming? Fairly cheap to run, not too difficult?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there some kind of limit to the amount of gold you can get per battle using skills like Alchemist, etc? My Challenge battles keep giving me exactly 105 gold, and my Invade wins keep giving me exactly 100 gold over the listed reward.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

105 is the pre-armor cap for all fights (PvP bounty gets added to this).

Well, that's kind of a bummer. What's the point of even having skills that generate gold if you can't exploit the gently caress out of them?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

The gold skills are useless for generating gold, but are great at gem switching.

Exactly! I had a great system going where I could use Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee to generate gold/souls and switch orbs to fuel each other, along with Finley to generate even more gold and take skulls off of the board. Once I got things going, I could generate practically infinite turns!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I guess there's also a limit of 40 souls per battle, too? Man, this game won't let me exploit anything! :argh:

(On the plus side, I'm getting 1-2 treasure maps per battle, thanks to all the orb-changing.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Okay, so my farming strategy seems to be working pretty well for me so far - I'm racking up a net +300-400 gold per successful Invade, along with +32-40 souls and usually 1-2 treasure maps (which I then convert into even more gold).

For any other prospective farmers out there, I strongly recommend leveling up Alchemist, Valkyrie, and Banshee.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just got my first Legendary - Keeper of Souls. Looks pretty good.

On a related note, are there any mons out there that convert orbs to Brown or Purple?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Just got my first Legendary - Keeper of Souls. Looks pretty good.

Just got my second Legendary! It's... Keeper of Souls again. :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

gromdul posted:

I tried an Alchemist / Valkyrie team, with Druid and Banshee. I wasn't that impressed. My Goblin team kills faster and the extra turns are more reliable.

Alchemist / Valkyrie / Banshee isn't about killing quickly, it's about racking up gold, souls, and treasure maps. (And boy howdy, does it ever.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bandire posted:

So what is everyone using as the fourth troop with the Alchemist/Banshee/Valkyrie trio? I've been using Tau, and he gets charged up huge but doesn't live long.

I use Finley, to get those pesky skulls off of the board so I can keep comboing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, any thoughts about the new weapons up in the Glory shop? They seem a bit on the weak side to me, but maybe I'm missing something...

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

So what's the best way to grind gold/souls/maps? I have alchemist/valkyrie/banshee finally but I'm not sure of the right strategy or even if that's the best combo.

Well, my basic farming strategy is to run Alch/Valk/Banshee/Finley and just Invade anything with a reward of around 400 or higher. That way, I net at least 200 gold per successful Invade, plus up to an extra 100 gold and 40 souls from skills.

Defend is pretty good too, since it only costs 50 gold, and you get a bonus 1000 gold for every 15 successful Defends.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dragon armor owns y'all

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

gromdul posted:

Good news! You can buy gems! For $50 bucks you can get enough gems for a 500 gem armor, and have some gems to spare!

You could, sure, but why would you

I mean, I just started this game a few weeks ago, and I was able to rack up 500 gems without paying a cent.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

Whats everyone's quick pvp team?

Im still using webspinner, valkryie, lady, and hero with the eye. It works fine but more speed would be nice.

Gloom Leaf/Goblin Shaman/Templar/Goblin Rocket. Get Green mana, activate Gloom Leaf, wreck poo poo.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

seravid posted:

Oh, and I've just got Keeper of Souls. Doesn't give you an extra turn, but turns the board into a sea of skulls. Legendary pals are gonna wreck poo poo :getin:

Yeah, Keeper of Souls owns. I'm running a team right now with Gloom Leaf/Keeper of Souls, and it's just ridiculous.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
They just released a new kingdom, Wild Plains, along with some new units.

Also, double gold and EXP gains for this weekend.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This new Soothsayer unit is pretty awesome, y'all

He combos great with mass damage cards like, say, Staff of Madness

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
You know what else Soothsayer combos well with? Gem creators.

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive.

Just checked, and we've got 9 members with 7 or more days inactive.

Anyways, I'm up for a merger if everyone else is.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So apparently the next upcoming patch (1.0.7) is going to be a pretty big overhaul. They're teasing some of the patch changes here:

Preview Part 1
Preview Part 2

I like the new Difficulty Level option, personally.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bandire posted:

It looks like they are doing a double gold weekend event. The banner hasn't changed, but I'm getting double gold from invasions.

Yup, just announced.

gromdul posted:

Got bored of the Alchemist team. Plus it has no bonuses.

Goblin team is super strong. Four Zaejin troops means +10 health. Three marauders gives everyone +2 attack.

Goblin Rocket
Goblin
Goblin Shaman
Goblin

Old God's Banner for +2 purple to power up the Shaman.

I don't have a Goblin King, and Boar Rider is a good 4th too. I also don't have a Hobgoblin, who would catch blue. The two Goblins work great together. So cheap that it's not an issue that they are both green. The second catches the extra green from a good Shaman spell.

Yeah, I just tried out a Goblin Rocket/Goblin/Boar Rider/Goblin Shaman team, and it's ridiculously good. Strongly recommended.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

Either they bumped up the gold rewards from treasure hunting, or those are included in the double gold weekend. Whatever's the case, I'm burning through my stockpile of maps, making on average 1600 per map (hit 2300 last map, but that's on the high end). Less stressful than doing PVP for about the same profit per event. Plus I am averaging a couple of gems per map, too.

Edit: this is really making upgrading kingdoms a lot less painful. Karakoth went from level 4 to level 9 and I'm sitting on 20k gold towards level 10.

Hey, you're right, treasure maps are giving double gold right now. Nice.

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a complete list of all the kingdom tributes & bonuses.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just encountered a team consisting of 4 Brian the Luckys. Sounds hilarious... right up until the point where I got my rear end handed to me by a Brian with 43 attack.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ran into that team of 4 Brian the Luckys again.

They weren't so lucky this time. :smug:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

gromdul posted:

Seems pretty balanced. Each kingdom gets a maximum of 10 points of bonuses with 4 troops.

Armor/life costs 1
Attack costs 2
Magic costs 4

And up to 8 points of bonuses from troop type following the same rubric. For a total of 18 bonus points if you run 4 troops of the same type and kingdom. Four Rockworms OP?

Funny you should mention that - guess what I just ran into :v:

It's a strong team, but not overpowered; I was able to get an advantage in the beginning simply by preventing my opponent from matching any Brown orbs.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just saw today's balance changes, and man, they hit all the gem creators with the nerf hammer now. They even went and nerfed Webspinner, Venoxia, Firehammer, and Celestasia even further. I feel bad for anyone who paid actual money to get any of those cards.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This new Green Slime unit looks pretty useful, but I seem to be unable to level it up for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

porktree posted:

Soooo, is it better to slowly level all your kingdoms at the same rate, or slowly level one kingdom to 10 and then another? I've got 2 at 10, and am not sure I'm spending my gold wisely.

I leveled all my kingdoms to Level 3, then started leveling individual ones to 10 for the stat boost bonuses.

Thinking about leveling them all to Level 5, just for the higher chance of multiple kingdom tributes. (Free gems/keys are always nice.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like they fixed the Green Slime leveling bug.

Also, I've just found a fun new combo to play with:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Is there sonewhere I can find a list of all the Level 10 kingdom stat boosts?

I'm not having any luck with Google. Most of the results are from before the big patch.

Here you go.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

How did you manage to get the stats so high without killing the entire opposing team with Venoxia's true damage ability?

It's actually pretty amazing how quickly the slime's stats can increase, since it can buff its own Magic stat. It starts at 6, but soon you'll be buffing for 12, then 24, then 48, 96, 192...

(All the stats cap at 1000, though.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo, I didn't even know that could happen :stare:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

More math because I have nothing better to do. If you can get all 19 kingdoms to level 5, every time you collect income you have the same chance to get tribute from exactly one kingdom (38%) as you do of getting nothing at all. The remaining 24%? Gems and keys, people, gems and keys.

Yeah, I've leveled all my kingdoms to 5, and I'm getting multiple kingdom bonuses like crazy. I highly recommend it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bandire posted:

Are you just hoarding gems for the next patch or were you spending them on something else?

I've been dumping mine into magic keys for a while now and will probably keep doing it until I get a goddamn hobgoblin. I don't really have anything else to spend them on, but guess I should start saving them for the patch.

If you want a Hobgoblin, I'd recommend running Arena until you get one, then buying it afterwards. It's how I got mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

lol