Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'll supply the love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

imgay posted:

Who will grab the coveted last spot.

whoever they are, they'll get turboed d1.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Can't play before the 21st unfortunately. If you haven't started by then I'll play, but don't wait.

is this still true?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

im asking mmm and if he doesnt want to play then im going to make it into a 9 person game and gogogo

I'm tempted to cut mine down to 11, which I've got, instead of the 13 I was looking for.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Man, my sound is chilled out and laid back. These wah-flexed organs and tinkling electric pianos are like rain on a moody evening. This is clearly the sound we need.

I'm takin' it back where it all began.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

merk posted:

:siren:
AWEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KILLER TOFU
:siren:

merk's song has now changed!

merk, Child's Anthem has been replaced by merk, The Beets - Killer Tofu!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ized1XMRp_I

What the gently caress. That is not smooth.

##vote merk

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

If you dont watch this video then you are scum

get the gently caress out of here with your kid nostalgia whatever

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Well that was needlessly and aggressively hostile. Why did my post rile you up so much?

What's needlessly and aggressively hostile is "YOU ARE SCUM. YOU MUST PROVE YOURSELF TO ME THE NOT SCUM." Hot drat, man, tone it back. Spit hot fire on day three with that poo poo, "I'm just testing your reactions" makes you look more like an rear end than anyone else.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Allen wren is scum vote for them

Now get a load of this OMGUS motherfucker right here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Actually, it was based on your merk votes. Not two random people, but the two people whose joke posting felt forced.

uh maybe the guy who thought it was time for nineties cartoons in our chill seventies thread is the one whose posting is forced? Can't even bother listening to the right album and talking about it?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, assume for a moment that merk is scum. Explain why he'd feel forced as scum to post Doug music. He wouldn't, which is why it's just a joke post. But you and CPig voting for him as you did feels like scum feeling a need to post early and jumping on him.

Right now, I'm leaning you over CPig because of the deflection you're attempting with Magnus, me, and merk when it's not needed.

uh wow, you're expecting me to ascribe motivation to a vote about a bullshit post in what was clearly still jokephase?

settle down man

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm not even going to bother replying, if you're going to tunnel me this hard, clearly you've got something else bothering you, so whatever, go ahead and get your turbo going.

Scumbo.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

No, I'm thinking if you were still in joke phase mode you'd have just said it was joke phase and moved on, not reacted as you did.

Like this. This doesn't read as town.

##vote Allen

hahaha whatever

stupid post is made
vote on stupid post is placed
byers comes in demanding explanation like it means something
i tell him he's full of poo poo
now he thinks i'm scum because

for real, "testing people's reactions" is such a bullshit move because it always reads as scum unless you don't want it to

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

your gameplay is way more hardcore than literally anyone else in this thread and you should feel bad because as long as you tunnel me scum just get to sit by and watch you yell at me

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

it is in fact not needed

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I have literally no idea what Byers and Magnus are trying to do here, but goddamn, I don't like it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Dunno, daycop maybe? I was more interested in avoiding diving down the rabbit's hole of D1 claims that deciding what I thought he was softclaiming.

"I was more interested in saying there was a softclaim so I could back off that read in order to do dumb poo poo."

Byers2142 posted:

We're trying to show people your responses were scummy, I understand if that disagrees with you.

garbage post

Byers2142 posted:

At this point, CPIG and Allen are the two that should be up for discussion. CPig for the initial reaction and his tap dance between Allen and myself, and Allen for his more extreme reaction to any pressure, not just mine.

The remaining scum right now are sitting back and avoiding making any waves, but notice how many people are avoiding talking about those two.

The only reason we "should be up for discussion" is because you decided you'd play the old "I'll call people scum and say it's proof that they're scum when they balk" canard and it's really loving boring.

Yeah, scum is sitting back doing nothing right now and you know why? Because you're clogging up the airwaves with stupid poo poo. It's bad play, you should feel bad, and when I flip town, you should maybe take a seat and settle the gently caress down.

##vote Allen Wren

Come on, let's get this to day two already. Do it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Also, please don't self-vote, that is almost always a bad play.

Don't get patronizing with me.

I'm not making any read, I'm saying you're bad at mafia.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

The wasn't the play I made,

buuuullshit

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Emotional you are.

deal w it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

What read did I back down from?
that part's a legit misread, I thought that had to do with something you were saying not magnus's salacious crumb act over there

my bad

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

It's really not. It might play out similarly, but the intent was different. One play forces a scum read, the other looks for a response to then make a read off of.

it really is

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

because it always reveals a scum read

unless the person making the play doesn't want it to be a scum read

it is just bullshit justification for whatever prejudiced read is on the table.

especially the way you worded it which again, is meant specifically to cast aspersions on the people it's pointed at, especially with the laughable "explain why you're not scum" thing (are you loving KIDDING ME I still can't get over that horseshit) and also to make you look good, scumhunting via just callin' some dudes out for bullshit votes in jokephase and coming into the chill thread to be all like WE'RE PLAYING MAFIA NOW gently caress your chill vibe

and your constant poo poo about "oh so ~ e m o t i o n a l ~"

is literally just there to be a dumb-and-so-goddamn-crazy argument, again, to make you look good.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##unvote

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Scum. I'm capable of distinguishing between town and scum anger

but not between town frustration and town loving-with-you

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##vote Magnus

Still so bad, mirroring Byers' bad play to get sneaky towncred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

busb posted:

Your quasi aggressive/frustated playstyle is also not great. Why did you self vote day1? Because if i'm honest i enjoy policy lynching emo self voters :getin:

Because I was only a couple out from being voted out and I figured that my town flip would throw shade on some impressively obstructive grandstanding on the part of Byers and Magnus.

• Locked thread