Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Yep, I'm in. My last day at my current job is on Friday and I'm starting a new one, so don't expect a lot of daytime posting from me in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Confirmed, my song makes me feel so chill.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen and CPig, one of you two are scum. Convince me it's not you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Allen wren is scum vote for them

Because...?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fair enough. Still want to hear from him and CPig first.

When is deadline, Tuesday? Plenty of time.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Seriously? gently caress you we are still in jokephase don't start with this dumb horseshit.

Well that was needlessly and aggressively hostile. Why did my post rile you up so much?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Because you are doing this stupid crap where you pick two random people and say oh hey based on nothing at all when the only posts are goofing around these people are scum! let me get their reactions!

It makes me roll my eyes so hard it isn't possible to roll them any harder.

Actually, it was based on your merk votes. Not two random people, but the two people whose joke posting felt forced.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

How is that fair enough? This is a weird response.

Trust me feels like a softclaim, I don't want to push that D1. So I backed off.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

What's needlessly and aggressively hostile is "YOU ARE SCUM. YOU MUST PROVE YOURSELF TO ME THE NOT SCUM." Hot drat, man, tone it back. Spit hot fire on day three with that poo poo, "I'm just testing your reactions" makes you look more like an rear end than anyone else.

Now get a load of this OMGUS motherfucker right here.

Small game, we ain't got time for your sensibilities, man. Hell, D3 could be close to MYLO. And you're playing to the crowd with the all caps quote, as though I'm being overly emotional.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

uh maybe the guy who thought it was time for nineties cartoons in our chill seventies thread is the one whose posting is forced? Can't even bother listening to the right album and talking about it?

Ok, assume for a moment that merk is scum. Explain why he'd feel forced as scum to post Doug music. He wouldn't, which is why it's just a joke post. But you and CPig voting for him as you did feels like scum feeling a need to post early and jumping on him.

Right now, I'm leaning you over CPig because of the deflection you're attempting with Magnus, me, and merk when it's not needed.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

uh wow, you're expecting me to ascribe motivation to a vote about a bullshit post in what was clearly still jokephase?

settle down man

No, I'm thinking if you were still in joke phase mode you'd have just said it was joke phase and moved on, not reacted as you did.

Allen Wren posted:

I'm not even going to bother replying, if you're going to tunnel me this hard, clearly you've got something else bothering you, so whatever, go ahead and get your turbo going.

Scumbo.

Like this. This doesn't read as town.

##vote Allen

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Wrong, but fair enough.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

So, we did a Mythbusters on the phrase "fair enough" that was busted, but only barely.

I really haven't liked anything you've said so far.

Look, Allen's reaction to pressure was scummy. You not liking what I say isn't something I can defend against, so I won't waste my time trying, but don't ignore his posting. Still, if that's how you feel, fair enough.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah its probably byers

##vote byers

Why are you bouncing around so much? If I eat the lynch, do you use my flip to go after Allen tomorrow?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why are we backing off of wren?

Because I said fair enough.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a really weird chain lynchy way to look at things

It's really not; he bounced from Allen to me and said I'm the one, implying scum in our back and forth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Byers what role do you think was soft claimed

Dunno, daycop maybe? I was more interested in avoiding diving down the rabbit's hole of D1 claims that deciding what I thought he was softclaiming.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

I have literally no idea what Byers and Magnus are trying to do here, but goddamn, I don't like it.

We're trying to show people your responses were scummy, I understand if that disagrees with you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

At this point, CPIG and Allen are the two that should be up for discussion. CPig for the initial reaction and his tap dance between Allen and myself, and Allen for his more extreme reaction to any pressure, not just mine.

The remaining scum right now are sitting back and avoiding making any waves, but notice how many people are avoiding talking about those two.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

Really? That passes for a softclaim in these parts?

Weird.

Was rereading and caught this; where'd you play before?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

"I was more interested in saying there was a softclaim so I could back off that read in order to do dumb poo poo."

What read did I back down from?

quote:

The only reason we "should be up for discussion" is because you decided you'd play the old "I'll call people scum and say it's proof that they're scum when they balk" canard and it's really loving boring.

The wasn't the play I made, I saw something potentially scummy and when I pushed it you both blew up. But the real reason you should be up for discussion is that there have been three reads made this game, and two are being ignored. That is significant.

From the rest of your post you're now calling me bad town, not scum? What changed your mind? Also, please don't self-vote, that is almost always a bad play.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

Don't get patronizing with me.

I'm not making any read, I'm saying you're bad at mafia.

Then don't make emotional gestures, it's just a stupid party game on the Internet. Self-votes are awful, and they're impossible to get a read on. You're frustrated, but do I read you now as frustrated town or scum?

Who do you see as scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

buuuullshit

It's really not. It might play out similarly, but the intent was different. One play forces a scum read, the other looks for a response to then make a read off of.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Emotional you are.

Magnus, thoughts on CPig? You didn't really say anything about him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

No worries, I was just really confused what you were saying there. Misreads happen.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

it really is

Agree to disagree until after the game then, because without my flip I don't have any way to prove I'm being sincere when I say they're not.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

because it always reveals a scum read

unless the person making the play doesn't want it to be a scum read

it is just bullshit justification for whatever prejudiced read is on the table.

especially the way you worded it which again, is meant specifically to cast aspersions on the people it's pointed at, especially with the laughable "explain why you're not scum" thing (are you loving KIDDING ME I still can't get over that horseshit) and also to make you look good, scumhunting via just callin' some dudes out for bullshit votes in jokephase and coming into the chill thread to be all like WE'RE PLAYING MAFIA NOW gently caress your chill vibe

and your constant poo poo about "oh so ~ e m o t i o n a l ~"

is literally just there to be a dumb-and-so-goddamn-crazy argument, again, to make you look good.

Again, we can argue it after the game, but I disagree. It has to be pointed to get a reply D1, but isn't meant to force the reply to take a specific form, and that's the difference.

As for how I post/play, this is it, and it's why I was recruited. A small game with quality players and no lurking was the pitch. I don't have it in me to be chill.

Again, who do you think is scum? If you weren't voting yourself, who would you vote?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

imgay posted:

byers vs. allen, the musical

Why are you sniping with your posting?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Dude my reaction was the way I always react to stupidity.

Right now though, Allen, if you are town stop voting yourself , it's dumb and pointless and its starting to get old, the recent trend of just giving up and loving off from games.

I feel like you have a middle gear between chill and gently caress you, but the bigger problem with you is the vote-Allen-vote-me back to back, and relative radio silence otherwise.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

imgay posted:

i believe ##vote magnus

You go from posting on the sidelines and not engaging even when I tried to, to a reasonless vote on Magnus following busb?

##vote imgay

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Anyone know what happened to merk?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

Also yeah imgay's sniping is off, but town sometimes snipe too so i'll overlook it for now.

I feel like the sniping is at least a degree worse than Magnus, because I called him out on it last night and he flat out deflected. Followed with his vote after you case, and it's scummy, not just town sniping.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

yuming posted:

I have a bad feeling about Byers early posting. That is my best read for today.

I won't be around much tonight aaa bad timing.

You usually have a bad feeling about my posting. This time, you're wrong.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

Your quasi aggressive/frustated playstyle is also not great. Why did you self vote day1? Because if i'm honest i enjoy policy lynching emo self voters :getin:

The problem is, self voting itself is a null tell at best. Only time it's a valid play is scum protecting a scumbro.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

calling my initial post a case is pretty generous. But look i'm not disagreeing i just think i'd prefer to lynch someone else today if we can. Imgay can be the fallback if he doesn't pick up his game.

Fair enough, vote not case.

Magnus has at least made a few points, more than most in this game. Maybe I'm biased, but I just don't feel him as top scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

Chalk it up to apathy or poor play but there are like four people in this game I wouldn't mind being rid of tbh

Who're the four? Also, is there someone you'd really not want to lynch at this point? I feel like even for D1 there's not much separating most of the players atm.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

name them then!

Dammit, busb, I was asking that!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

Because I was only a couple out from being voted out and I figured that my town flip would throw shade on some impressively obstructive grandstanding on the part of Byers and Magnus.

I don't like this answer; it tries to play up the self vote as a noble sacrifice, not the frustrated "gently caress this" move that it was if you read his whole post.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

Reading Byers' posts...
I don't like this post for attempting to constrain discussion to two people early day1.

Not sure byers would make this play as scum but something to think on.

I was trying to redirect discussion to two people who were being ignored. Like I said later, at the time there had been three cases made, and two were being ignored by most of the thread. That warranted trying to get attention given to them, and raise the question of what other people felt about them. It was largely ignored again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Just over an hour; looking at the four with votes, I'm ranking them as imgay -> Allen - > Magnus -> No Lynch for what I'd prefer today, in that order descending.

• Locked thread