Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Fun fact, first time I played this game when I was a kid, I didn't comprehend the concept of, "The dev defaulted the level selection here, this is where you start" and the first level set I went was White Glacier, AKA World four. I had -nooooooooo- damned idea what the ever-living tar I was doing. Then I thought, "Well Ice place sucked, let's try volcano place.." What followed were my attempts at progress in reverse damned order. (I did however manage to get to the duel of Red Mountain.) It was only after getting really frustrated at the combination of ignorance and incompetence did I finally go to the tutorial place

And why did I do it last? Because it was named "Green Garden" and I don't like green. Childhood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Oh please, someone who knows how to make gifs, please make one of that moment with Alta'ir.

I was never able to make it past the first room in Rainbow Palace. It requires bomb stuffery that I never figured out. I'm interested in knowing if I missed something amazingly obvious and simple or something amazingly obtuse and stupid.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014

pichupal posted:

A little late. Still not all that good at making 'em.

Oh thank you.

---

So it seems the answer to the Rainbow Palace 1 issue I had was that I somehow never figured out that blasting the two-block high columns was possible, as such I never got the remote bomb. Child me: you have failed me.

Also, when you unlock rainbow palace and Sirius make his betrayal, if you go back to all of the stages that he gave you advice (And the duel against him in 1-2) he's apparently replaced himself with robotic duplicates that mock you and say strange things.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
On the whole, i do like this game. If only because there's not really anything else like it. And while I'm sure BigTUnit would be quick to say, "For good reason" I like the concept of a puzzle-platformer that has very limited mobility requiring creative use of the tools provided. (Bionic Commando would be the action-platformer variant of this.)

And they put thought into a lot of things. If the camera was like the one in say, Mario 64 suddenly bomb-transit is basically impossible, since you're not restricted to sharp 45 degree angles. Sure the camera has -problems- but it was early 3D and that kind of came with the territory.

Personally I'd call this better than Hero by virtue of the fact that it's different and feels more deliberate and creative than Hero ever really did.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Boo. I got misgendered in the first video on accident. Not trying to call anyone out or anything, just wanting to make it certain that I'm to be referred to as a lady.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
I told Thorn this over Twitter, but it was brought to my attention that the story director for Second Attack is Naoki Yoshida. If that name sounds familiar, you may know him by his alias Yoshi-P. He's the executive producer for Final Fantasy 14. (I mistakenly said Director of FF14 in the twitter post. Whoops)

In a recent keynote in Guadalajara, he was signing things for fans, one fan surprised him by bringing in a Second Attack cart. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001535.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Glad to have participated for Super Bomberman 2. It was as fun to do as the rest of the megathread was as fun to watch.

• Locked thread