Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

ThornBrain posted:

Thanks to Heavy Sigh and SorataYuy for helping me get this LP done! Hopefully SB4 and 5 shouldn't also take half a year to be commentated.

Glad to be part of it! Let me know if you need a voice again, Bomberman's a fun game to chat about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Relaxing on the beaches of Ocean Planet Aquanet and eating sweets, I says.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

The other clay haired characters I talked about in the first 2nd Attack video.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Omnicidal maniacs generally don't care about the feelings of their cute mascot sidekicks, no. I'm still waiting for White to blow Pommy up in cutscene land.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

With what's being described here, I'm suddenly not sure if I should feel guilty or what for the vacation I just got back from. Did I miss some extreme pain, Loco? o.O

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

The story of the first Bomberman was Black Bomber (your current BFF) framed you for a crime and you got sent to a prison with 50 identical floors.

That was the second one. The first one was White heard a rumor if a Bomber can make it to the surface, they can become human. (The manual said they were like robots, or something.)

ElTipejoLoco posted:

If this were a Castlevania game that tracked your completion of the map, I'd have 150% before I was meant to get to the inverted castle because I went into every dumb dead end before I was supposed to. And all of it would've been because I was trying to get a chicken in a wall I didn't need because there was a different wall chicken on my way later on. :v:

But I wouldn't call that an extreme pain, no. :kiddo: Welcome back from your vacation!

Ouch. Second Attack strongly dislikes what it sees at sequence breaking, then. =\ And thanks, it was great! :D

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

We need to wind down and have some fun, I say we hit up the Amusement Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

I'm thinking "Rave the Shadow" might have originally been "Rive the Shadow", because to rive is, according to the dictionary:

to tear or rend apart: to rive meat from a bone.

to separate by striking; split; cleave.

to rend, harrow, or distress (the feelings, heart, etc.).

So besides possibly being a bad translation, it seems likely that they decided "Eh, they won't know what that means, let's go with the one that sounds Kooler and Xtremez."

This is actually a fascinating look into the minds of the people who localized this game, as it makes you wonder what the gently caress they've been smoking, eh.

• Locked thread