Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why did they use a doorknob cutter on his skull? Wouldn't a small hole do the trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Nothing like some good old brain surgery with a box cutter and a rusty rear end hole saw bit.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nothing like some good old brain surgery with a box cutter and a rusty rear end hole saw bit.

Don't those tend to jump into the hole once you cut it? Good for brains?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Don't those tend to jump into the hole once you cut it? Good for brains?

Dude's gonna be picking brain out of it with a screwdriver for like an hour.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How do these idiots justify killing Travis? Don't they understand that it makes them no different than him?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Man can't they go one day without someone becoming a zombie?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
At least this time they left before the angry survivors got a chance to yell "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT" at them

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
World's dumbest and shittiest cartel.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can't wait for Season 3 Mexico's biggest drug king pin.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Can we please have a Mad Max Warboys style gang in the desert next season?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I like the boots Alycia Debnam-Carey is wearing for the Talking Dead.

Also, if the group found Not Johnny Depps camp from a license, why did the drug lords need to torture that guy to find it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, those cartel guys are stupid because they had plenty of room to move around in that place, so why did they all die to the zombies?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It really must be Trumps America.

Shoot first at the border, ask questions later.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
America!

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Secure borders seem to be a top priority in this apocalypse

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And :laffo: at Chris Hardwick saying it was an action packed episode.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

TMMadman posted:

It really must be Trumps America.

Shoot first at the border, ask questions later.

Can't wait for all the hamhanded border commentary next season. :allears:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The point of Fear the Walking Dead is make The Walking Dead appear alot more logical.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

TMMadman posted:

Also, those cartel guys are stupid because they had plenty of room to move around in that place, so why did they all die to the zombies?

That much room should have allowed them to scatter, dispersing the horde and preventing them from so much as being surrounded in a building or on a roof. The zombie horde would have had to have been the size of the Alexandria horde for this plan to work, or he could have waited and hoped they all holed themselves up in one of the buildings while sleeping or looting or something. But I'll allow this for "suspending my disbelief". At this point, I'm just satisfied as long as they let the hotel stand in perpetuity instead of killing it off like all the other places.

Tenzarin posted:

The point of Fear the Walking Dead is make The Walking Dead appear alot more logical.

because at least Negan lets most of his chickens live

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 3, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I am laughing that the Talking Dead called the zombie Not Johnny Depp killed 'Eyes Dios Mio'

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

galenanorth posted:

That much room should have allowed them to scatter, dispersing the horde and preventing them from so much as being surrounded in a building or on a roof. The zombie horde would have had to have been the size of the Alexandria horde for this plan to work, or he could have waited and hoped they all holed themselves up in one of the buildings while sleeping or looting or something. But I'll allow this for "suspending my disbelief". At this point, I'm just satisfied as long as they let the hotel stand in perpetuity instead of killing it off like all the other places.

They had them in a great chokepoint on those stairs, they just could have picked them off a few at a time, because only so many could go up at once. Unless they ran out of ammo, which is probably what happened and prevented retreating to a roof as well.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

galenanorth posted:

ya pretty much this. They did destroy the front gate to the hotel but it is one of the first places they've left where they didn't p much kill everyone that was left behind them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just wait the season 3 teaser will be that Chris didn't die.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Having Oscar be put down by sliding 1 inch of razor blade into his brain would have been hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. I know the "stab the brain to kill" is magic and all but that stretched even the pretty loose criteria for destroying the brain used in these shows.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tenzarin posted:

Some reviews I read kinda disbelieve that he would be killed off-camera like that, but if that's the case, why would those two lunkheads lie? Unless they'll retcon it as they split from him and the 'death' scene was Travis imagining the 'actual' scenario due to the inaccuracies in their stories. The fact he split off and was revealed as dead the next episode is no payoff; unless the reveal is that they actually got in a scuffle with bandits, left Chris behind and he just so happens to reappear as some crazed jr. bandito...

So many dumb 'token' deaths. Oscar and Mr. Med-School. Sure, stab to death the closest thing you had to a medic because he's (rightfully) pissed off that Travis caused his brother's death. Strand was smart in not going with them, but it seems like all possible continuing conflicts have been dropped. Cartel going for the Colonia? Nah, they're all dead. Possible problems at the hotel w/ tensions between Madison's group and the wedding guests? Nah, the problem makers are all gone after wrecking everything, including the gate.
Also, Madison demanded the MIL be locked up for the time being after Strand's stabbing, but complains when Travis beats two people to death and brains a third and is locked up?

Overall, I was just bored by the wrapup of this season, and doubt I'll be coming back for the third.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched the finale yet but I want to say how hilarious it is that it just aired and this page didn't even bump past one page.

Is this show a shoe-in cancellation now?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

I haven't watched the finale yet but I want to say how hilarious it is that it just aired and this page didn't even bump past one page.

Is this show a shoe-in cancellation now?
Ratings are down 50 % or so. That still puts the show at more than 3 and a half million viewers so I doubt they're getting canceled just yet.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/09/04/five-reasons-why-fear-the-walking-dead-is-in-a-ratings-spiral/#655fed536c71

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Kim Dickens' acting is so loving god drat poo poo in this show.

I liked her on Deadwood. She's been uniformly terrible in everything else I've seen since then.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Tenzarin posted:

Chris is unquestionably not dead.

If someone doesn't die on screen or we don't get to see their actual body then they aren't dead in TWD universe. It's one of the sloppy, obvious-as-gently caress story telling technique the show falls back on constantly.

E: Can't actually they did the usual TWD "supposedly perfect impenetrable colony gets hosed up, let's move on to another one" with both main groups in separate colonies this episode. Do the people writing this and the main show have some sort of inability to imagine any other story-line that could possibly happen?

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 3, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I feel kinda bad for you guys who seem to get irrationally angry at this show but then i remember that you have a choice whether or not to watch it and despite your claims that you hate it, its terrible, it the worst show ever etc. you still tune in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure Chris actually is dead. He was on the Talking Dead and they were talking about him dying.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That wasn't even a climactic cliffhanger. It was just a, "what the gently caress is this writing" cliffhanger.

I can't say I'm done with the show(damnit) but I certainly won't be making sure I watch it every week.

Why did I keep up with this show and not Mr. Robot? :argh:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

"what the gently caress is this writing"

Thread title

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Why did the Cartel kill the people they kidnapped and interrogated, who co-operated fully, but not kill anyone else except that person Nick saw on the highway, and Luciana's brother (or was it some other villager?), during the whole season?

When the Cartel fired their assault rifles in ammo-wasting celebration, I understand that the writers were trying really hard to set up an "overconfident people get their comeuppance" moment, but more than half the time the Cartel was on camera, I was hoping in my head that they wouldn't be doing things the strategically absurd things that they were doing.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 3, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

galenanorth posted:

Why did the Cartel kill the people they kidnapped and interrogated, who co-operated fully, but not kill anyone else except that person Nick saw on the highway, and Luciana's brother (or was it some other villager?), during the whole season?

When the Cartel fired their assault rifles in ammo-wasting celebration, I understand that the writers were trying really hard to set up an "overconfident people get their comeuppance" moment, but more than half the time the Cartel was on camera, I was hoping in my head that they wouldn't be doing things the strategically absurd things that they were doing.

Ya seemed pretty dumb, i'm no military genius but i'm assuming they had plenty of bottle necks where they could have just sat back and picked off the zombies one by one, not to mention that any one of them could have just locked themselves inside one of the various houses or buildings in the little colonia and just waited it out.

I'm assuming all those people Nick and Lucia led north who are last seen screaming and running south will just become zombie food as well. Even when members of the family don't try to wipe out the communities they come from they still seem to do so.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Lmao not even through the opening of the first episode last night:

how did zombies sneak up to her in the desert
why do zombies walk on the road at all times
use both shirts so you have two gloves come the gently caress on

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
As dumb as most of that was Bad Travis stomping people's skulls in is very much my poo poo. I can see myself watching season 3 if he keeps on doing that.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"I'm a savage murderer"
"No it's ok. It's good that you savagely murdered that dude. He deserved it"
"How can you even look at me?"
"Because I'm worse than you. I savagely murdered someone too."
"Oh..."
"Yeah because I had to. So did you. And we will have to again. We have to stand together while we savagely murder people"

"Mom? What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing honey I'm just helping your dad come to terms with the fact we're all savage murderers now. You'll find it to be a beautiful family-bonding moment if you adjust your perspective a little"

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Fear The Walking Dead - "I'm Worse."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I have no idea why but I somehow took that comment Madison made about killing to protect her kids as she killed her husband.

I think it's such a weird and dumb idea that I just assumed it must be true.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Hahaha that particular series of Expedition would crumple up like tinfoil if it actually hit that gate, and that's another place they left the gate wide open for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The tone was pretty urgent when they were leaving, but no one was chasing them, and no one was there, so they could have stopped to close the gate. It would've looked like a trope from a comedy show, but they should have.

I'm starting to imagine that a few of the plotholes that I've seen might be the result of the budget. If they scattered a small crowd of refugees as they drove out, I would've understood not wanting to get out of the van around them. Then maybe they ran out of money for extras

I never make excuses for the writers while I'm watching other TV shows, like Better Call Saul or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This one is the only one that does this.

• Locked thread