Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

On a scale of 1 to Manning, how much will Ocelot betray us in the game?

1.3 Snowdens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
PS4 DukeofIRL

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is that a reference to dukeofurl?

Nah, just a happy coincidence after a bad pun

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Zac Gorman is a pretty fun artist. I'm glad of his recent success

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the spoiler for quiet is really loving stupid

Tumor tits?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Making twitch streams should give you actual cancer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sir Lucius posted:

He is Liquid Snake the entire time.

Thats my guess too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ElMaligno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEE5usGodQ
If i cant put this as my helo arrival song i will be sad

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

pro loving choice of joe walsh

Thanks, didn't know there was a lovely late 90s metal cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieb5Z9cpiAs

Godsmack managed to make everything awful

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Running through MGS3 now. I picked up the SVD and shot The End on the dock since I'd never done that before. Now I feel like kind of a dick.

Watching the wheel chair go airborne in a different direction from him made me laugh so hard I shot beer out of my nose the first time I did it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

I don't think I've ever actually had the normal battle with The End. I always loved how you could actually bypass a boss fight by killing the dude ahead of time. It's such an underused concept that tends to only appear in creative games...well at least in the original Deus Ex.

The actual sniper battle with The End is actually one of the best boss fights I have ever played. I did it with two guys I knew in the barracks and the 40 inch TV we had, with them kind of working as spotters trying to find his drat bird to clue us in on his location. It was a pretty intense couple of hours that night trying to kill that old gently caress

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This is beautiful

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone's gonna jerk off with that robot hand, aren't they?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

man i just want to hang with the true best buddy, cardboard box A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9UpRgc0Bs

Gonna go full Bugs Bunny in this game and it's gonna be loving great

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Now that I know Quiet's secret I don't really see how it was supposed to make me ashamed.

Gonna turn so many muj into suicide bombers without their knowledge.

I hope I can convince a Russian that it is, in fact, Commie Season

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Girlfriend says she's getting me an MGSV release present. I'm hoping it's beer and snacks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/hdMumC.jpg :nws:

What if the Sorrow was a goatse instead of a ghost!?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

i'm just getting a 404

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/hdMumCl.jpg :nws:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snake!

Snake!?

SNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My local amazon outlet didn't ship my pre-order lastnight. Gonna start World War 9 on some poor Indian soul

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Got a 3 month extension on Prime and a $20 credit. Good work, Jamil. I hope you survive the nuclear exchange with Pakistan and live a good life as a god-king of the atomic wasteland that will be Central Asia

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_VNgZ6DMc

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
On the opening rescue mission, I literally just walked in to the base, rescued the guy and carrier him out. No CQC, no weapons used, no sneaking/crawling, no stopping at corners to wait for a guy to pass by. I literally just walked in, picked him up and carried him to the chopper without being seen.

The next mission I murdered every single Russian I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG6DifUtPvs

Me, in this game

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

So I've played every game in the series EXCEPT for MGS 4. Am I missing out too much?

No. MGS4 is the weakest link and thats counting the NES games. Just youtube the ending

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Not yet. I've also developed a water pistol. I'm running around the Intel podPod Six making those dorks look like they pissed their pants.

Man, you better start checking for poorly labeled Lady Gaga CDs and lipstick at their work stations

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

When Eva shows up. She already spermjacked you, stole your money (the legacy), and cheats on you with other covert organizations. She's perfect as FRG president.

Holy poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Helicopter song for Angola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQqs-Cno5Bc

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My mom was complaining to my brother and I that our dad has been driving her nuts in the house with trying to fiddle with the house, redoing drywall, pulling out sprinkler heads to replace, swapping poo poo over to GFIs that don't need it. Old guy stuff. So my brother and I went in halfsies and grabbed him a PS4 and a copy of Phantom Pain at 2 oclock. My dad has never played an MGS game since Solid came out. But he's religiously played all the Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 and Sniper Elite games so we told him this is the same style and he should try it.

My dad is a creature of habit, he plays videogames from 5pm-830pm and then goes to bed on Saturdays. Mom says when she came out to his entertainment room this morning he was asleep in his recliner and when she woke him up with some coffee, he just went right back to playing it. I'm gonna drop by a little later to see what he thinks.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad just now on the phone:

Spoilered incase someone cares

So the giant monster with the zombie troops was a big goddamed robot? Guess I need to research a rocket launcher or something...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Leather Bear posted:

cool mgs dad owns

New phone call from dad

"How the hell do I put rockets on this helicopter?"

Then my dad asked more questions about base expansion poo poo and I told him he needs to skyhook some of the Russians instead of just killing them all on sight. to which he replied "That's stupid, why would I recruit a commie instead of just killing him?"

I have a feeling my dad is playing the game in a way more fun way than I am

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I had DD kill every single Russian in the power plant as I was chasing down the Metal Gear :chord:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Honestly, if you're speaking from a purely game play perspective AND you're stealthing everything, she's great. But if you're playing Rambo 6: I have a Ram-BONER (ie: the fun way) DD is miles and miles better

Horse is only good for popping tanks like you've got the TOW Humvee in BF:DC

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Dad chat:

This morning he asked me "What's the deal with the street walker with the gun? I tranq'd her like you said and after shooting down a jet all she's done is shut up and sit in her cell."

When I tried to explain her poo poo to my dad he replied "What the gently caress is going on in japan these days?"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I think it was either an outpost capture or a successful combat deployment. It's hard to keep track.

Mine was on Mother base, on the command platform, just found a box and picked it up

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm borderline retarded: how do you ally with other players for FOB defense and such?

I wouldn't say you're borderline, just firmly entrenched in the DMZ.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

Any new feedback from your dad?

My brother went over lastnight to have dinner with him and my mom and my dad had just gotten DD as a partner, whom he had no idea about, and he was spending the whole half hour he was playing it while my brother was over just sicking DD on people and petting him after he shot them in the face while they were fighting the dog.

Honestly I'm surprised he's playing it this way, the man religiously played all the Splinter Cell games as full-stealth as possible, but on this one he's mostly stealthing poo poo to get the main objective done, then when told to go to the LZ he just takes his suppressors off and starts massive gunfights as he slaughters everything between him and the chopper. He doesn't even carry a tranq most of the time it seems, just full lethal and anyone he needs to capture he just shoots to wound and carries them to the chopper.

I hope I can have that much fun with games in my early 60s

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Leather Bear posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^How do you put stun grenades under boxes?

Your dad gets video games.

Yeah. he really does. I wish I could convince him to record some of his play time too, because some of the poo poo I've seen him do is downright brilliant. Like taking the big ruined palace in Afghan by sniping a few dudes with the suppressed sniper rifle, getting the base on alert, peppering them with unsuppressed MG fire to make them all bunch up in one spot to get cover, then calling in artillery to mop them up. Then he just walks in to the base, fultons everything not nailed down and waits for the guys to come up in trucks and jeeps to reinforce the base he just wiped out so he can steal their vehicles and sell them.

All the while he's just listening to some music in the background and having sips of Miller Lite while he waits/travels to the next location

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

Wanna be like that dad if I make it to retirement age before the burn pits take my lungs.

Honestly my dad is GiP as gently caress but refuses to use the internet for anything aside from email and buying electronics.

6 years in the Marines, including a tour in Vietnam, but he was Air Wing so it wasn't that bad, he just worked on the electronics of the A4. Then he ended up in a helicopter that crashed while in the Philippines and hosed up his neck so bad they discharged him, so he used his GI Bill to get a Electrical Engineering degree, then like an idiot he enlisted in the Army and went SIGINT and did 24 years there before retiring as an E-8 and then took a contracting gig with one of the NSA's big cyber security companies doing Y2K testing from the mid 90s before he got hired on as an adviser of some capacity for the NSA/DISA brain-trust that handles contract eligibility. He just spends all his downtime playing games, collecting Star Trek poo poo , building model trains and watching old movies and TV shows, though my siblings and I have made him a pretty big Archer fan recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nah, his strategy would have been sneak in to the base, unseen, fulton out the prisoners, carry the one that can't be to an LZ without being seen, then just walking back to the base, and killing ever single person as loudly and as explosiony as possible then stealing everything in sight

• Locked thread