Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Luneshot posted:

I love how the Hermes basically looks like it's cobbled together from bits of the ISS.

What slightly bothered me was the fact that the insides of the ship was like a wide open apple store style white space with weird chairs. I get that its the near future and all but engineers always try to jam pack as much poo poo into a small package. All the empty space looked especially weird inside the MAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

robot roll call posted:

I just got to the part of the book where he renames a scientific unit to "pirate-ninjas". That's so random!!!

If it makes you feel any better the movie tries to tone down that poo poo. Both of watney's trips are shortened to just a few scenes of him setting up the solar panels and sleeping so the entire pirate ninja shitfest is gone.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Cacator posted:

Nah they had the sounds of the jets firing in space, the sound of the tether rolling out and stuff like that. There's been two Hollywood space blockbusters that didn't depict sound in space so it was disappointing for this one to do it.

Yeah the sound design bummed me out aswell. Theres a scene in the first half of the movie though that I really loved where Watney sits out the storm and in the background you can hear the hab humming.

• Locked thread