Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Luneshot posted:

I think someone showed that there was a more efficient way of doing it? I'm not entirely sure about that, all I know about hydrazine is that it's toxic as gently caress and a good monopropellant. I'm not a chemist.

Although it'd be kinda moot though, since we've found that Martian soil is way more loaded with water ice than we thought. Watney would have mud just from bringing it into the hab.

I swear I heard somewhere that Martian soil was toxic enough (perchlorates, I think?) that growing things in it would be problematic at best. Again, something found out after the book was written though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread