Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I adored this. The rendering of the surface of Mars is gorgeous and it was crazy to see familiar faces in nearly every single role. Though this could easily be a one-performance kind of thing, by the end I liked that they pulled in a bunch of different characters who all feel developed.

Skip the 3D if you can, but if there's an IMAX release of this I would expect it to be magnificent.

e: reading that negative review from above and this is one of the most cynical readings of this film I can imagine.

quote:

the film above all feels like a milquetoast piece of propaganda for a financially deflated NASA which seems starved for inspiring excitement and, well, inspiration in people.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is there a trailer for every drat scene in this movie?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I think the really important question is, does Sean Bean die?

Eventually, but not during the running time of the film.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This movie is a rip off of Interstellar

Interstellar is a rip off of Contact

• Locked thread