Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thank u for taking my suggestions. good movies all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

Memories of Murder is one of the best films ever made so I am excited for that

yeah!

also i got a dl link for linda linda linda so if a mod condones it i can post it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

list needs more non-Japan/SK films, so: In the Mood For Love, Chungking Express, Yi Yi, The Hole

3 idiots, fallen angels

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like save the green planet and all, but its korean. i could name another 20 korean and japanese films easily and the poster wanted non korean japanese!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://avistaz.to/movie/186-linda-linda-linda

since non-licensed stuff is ok here is a dl, if you need an invite find a way to contact me i got like 20

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

click on one of ther versions, i suggest the 720p one

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they were definitely hated by the media and iirc its mentioned in the movie as well

Davincie fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 21, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

on the media thing. i wasn't able to find a source, i probably read it one of the dozen music blogs i've followed over the years. the billboard page for them has a small mention of censorship though:

'their fame was growing ever bigger, not hindered even by a yearlong TV ban imposed on Blue Hearts by the stations because of the bandmembers' provocative behavior. '

although it describes them as quite liked by the media besides that. well who knows

as for invites, some people have already contacted me on steam. currently the invite system is down though, so i can't send any. when its up i will

rajio no jikan was good, i watched it the last time boom boom boom posted about it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

btw it might be fun to do a shinobu yaguchi film since a bunch of them are pretty low key slice of life films. like a live action free (waterboys) or sound! euphonium (swing girls). his adrenaline drive is also a nice road trip movie. not the greatest films, just nice friendly comedies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

PotU posted:

oh im 90% sure i watched swing girls but it really wasnt very good

i liked it well enough, gave it a 7.

either way, i always see these sort of things as a way to get people to watch a variety of things rather than just the cream of the crop

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah go find it at one of the other 1000 download sites you greedy sob!!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i watched the movie and i liked it. i t was a fun little story about high school and making friends and having friends. is this a normal genre for like Japanese films just a high school slice of life thing? i dont think like american movies have this same type of thing i am not much of a film buff. i also like how every dream sequence in Japanese tv or film has people you know standing around you clapping and saying congratulations.

there's a whole bunch of slice of life films yeah. the other films of this directors i have seen were SOL as well. low budget indie american films also do it sometimes (there was a specific name for this genre i forgot) but they aren't that prevalent

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah mumblecore, they focus more on mid 20s-30s boring middle class people tho

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ka0 posted:

What's a good japanese movie with pretty women.

try pinku films my man

but also, let's watch kamikaze girls

delinquents! lolitas! girls!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here is her band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyst-Bpaeas

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a clip of her performing in her underwear. she's known for taking of her clothes during shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRcwAC6pSOk

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watched the film. overall it was pretty funny and once they got out of the industrialised part of china filled with beautiful landscapes, but i felt like the ending wasn't great. it felt rushed.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

did anyone besides me and probably bfc even watch it?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't like the movie sorry, it was too unpleasant so i turned it off halfway

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

saw it in the theater :cheers:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah, add Tokyo! to people can see the chair short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie