Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Witch and Wandering Witch are two different things in LFD.

On top of this, I'm a Boomer to Allen Wren's Boomette that flipped the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Fine I am the Wandering Witch. Each night I visit a random player, and am not told who I visit. Additionally I am a PGO that only kills survivors, as their flashlights attract my attention

What do you do during your visit?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

What do you do during your visit?

Nothing, i think its just to red herring tracker/watchers

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Lurks. ##vote TT

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
TT is Hiipfire FYI

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh. It'd be nice if the OP could be updated to reflect that <_<

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Horsebanger posted:

Mine failed to work because I picked the wrong target. I'm now a Vanilla Townie :toot:

Your ability "failed to work?" And you targeted me?

My ability also "failed to work." As far as I know I'm still a tracker though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

HiipFire posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

##SMASH Opop

Allen said you were tracked to merk on night 1. Yet you had a daykill on top of it...?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't had a chance to read this thread closely since the claims came out, but I promise to get back to this thread at least a couple hours before deadline. They both look terrible to me at a glance.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

The Ninth Layer posted:

Allen said you were tracked to merk on night 1. Yet you had a daykill on top of it...?

im a joat

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Did you in fact target merk on Day 1? Don't really care what you did, just want to establish what we already know about the first night.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i did, well taste did the action but yeah

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote KB

Who do you think is scum? Why is that player scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

##vote KB

Who do you think is scum? Why is that player scum?

KB is in this game???

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of people in this game, surprisingly

There is a player who actually has less posts than just votefinder which I find to be impressive

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

KB is in this game???

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also imgay

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not me personally but the player

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hmmm

kash are you around? if so did you roleblock anyone n2? you don't have to say who just a simple yes/no will suffice

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

My initial reaction to this was going to be that it might not be fair given the shortened time line. But on reread I see what you mean. Unlike me, he was actually around during D2 and all that crazy poo poo happening, and he conveniently sidestepped taking any part in it.

this is the entirety of KB's opinions on the game

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, that was certainly a thing.

WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU JERKS TARGET ME LAST NIGHT!

when i first read this i was kinda suspicious cause it sounded like a super thinly veiled PGO claim

with both my and jake's claims out there i am way more curious what this was supposed to mean

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

hmmm

kash are you around? if so did you roleblock anyone n2? you don't have to say who just a simple yes/no will suffice

yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i am willing to lynch lurkers.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jake you called?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay as far as I understand it:

Night 1:
Keane jails merk
SirSam sees Ninth visit Opop
Ninth sees Opop visit merk
Opop visits merk (probably to kill him)
Allen sees Hiip visit merk
Hiip ??? merk
Kash roleblocks JakeP
merk jailblocked (unconfirmed by merk)
JakeP roleblocked (claims to wander)

Unaccounted for: Kumba, CapitalistPig, imgay, KingBurgundy
Dead & unaccounted for: Hal
Claimed did nothing: nobody

Night 2:
??? roleblocks imgay
Horsebanger boosts Ninth (fails)
Ninth tracks CapitalistPig (fails)
CapitalistPig ??? ???
JakeP wanders ???
imgay ??? ???
CCKeane jails ???
??? kills CCKeane
??? kills Hal

Unaccounted for: Kumba, Kashuno, KingBurgundy, Hiipfire
Dead and unaccounted for: CCKeane, Hal
Claimed did nothing: nobody that I saw

I'm pretty sure I have this all correct, let me know if I missed or am wrong about anything.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

jake you called?

ya whats goin on

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

when i first read this i was kinda suspicious cause it sounded like a super thinly veiled PGO claim

with both my and jake's claims out there i am way more curious what this was supposed to mean

I was a one shot absorber and I absorbed night one but not one of you shits targetted me so I'm vanilla now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
whats a absorber

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Night 1:
Keane jails merk
SirSam sees Ninth visit Opop
Ninth sees Opop visit merk
Opop visits merk (probably to kill him)
Allen sees Hiip visit merk
Hiip ??? merk
Kash roleblocks JakeP
merk jailblocked (unconfirmed by merk)
JakeP roleblocked (claims to wander)

Unaccounted for: Kumba, CapitalistPig, imgay, KingBurgundy
Dead & unaccounted for: Hal
Claimed did nothing: nobody

Night 2:
??? roleblocks imgay
Horsebanger boosts Ninth (fails)
Ninth tracks CapitalistPig (fails)
CapitalistPig ??? ???
JakeP wanders ???
imgay ??? ???
CCKeane jails ???
??? kills CCKeane
??? kills Hal

Unaccounted for: Kumba, Kashuno, KingBurgundy, Hiipfire, merk, SirSam
Dead and unaccounted for: CCKeane, Hal
Claimed did nothing: nobody that I saw

Anyway looking at the list I just drummed up, it's important to remember we need to add another two or three night actions on the list to account for what scum may not have claimed yet. For night 1 we already have one of the scum on the list (Opop), but there are four players who did things we know nothing about. The same is true for a lesser extent on the second night, but we can use what we know or think we know about the two nights together to find scum.

From the first night we can guess that there was a stopped kill by scum not named Opop. We know two players were roleblocked because either they or someone else claimed it. merk could be the second killer but it would be unlikely if Opop targeted him. Maybe Opop targeted merk to boost his kill chance, and this is a possibility we shouldn't let ourselves forget about. It would be an easy bus for merk to pretend that Opop was the actual killer, as the act of being thought as a scum kill target would be a strong clear. Opop's flip is also obfuscated so we can't know what he may have been able to do. If we believe this scenario happened and still buy into the scum team having two kills, we would still need to find the second nightkiller's kill, as a boosted scum merk who was jailed and kept from killing would still only account for one stopped kill.

JakeP also claims to have been roleblocked and we have to take it on his word that he is such a selective PGO. If he's a dupe role as it seems he has claimed to be, then it seems to fit in with the setup (I'm a tracker with similar flavor to Allen). It would not be uncommon to give two different PGOs to town so that when they claim town is stuck sorting out which has the "true" mechanics. It'd also kinda be lovely for scum to get such a controversial-looking fakeclaim.i One thing we know for a fact is that, if JakeP is a PGO, his role doesn't fire every time. If it did Kash wouldn't have had the opportunity to claim on him. I'll also say this: if that's JakeP's actual role then it looks a lot like a great fakeclaim, which makes me think it's a legit role.

So if there's a second killer, it's got to be within one of the four unaccounted-for people on night 1. I think the people on that list who also have unaccounted-for night actions on night 2 are the prime suspects in this game, and coincidentally I think they're some of the scummier players in the thread anyway. I'm sure this will be taken as requesting a massclaim; instead take it as a conclusion that follows from everything we know about the game already.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Night 2:

Ninth tracks CapitalistPig (fails because pig is vanilla now)
CapitalistPig sits at zombie home baking zombie muffins

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think I was jailed by Keane last night. I'd be a good target for it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
TNL i never claimed to be roleblocked or received any such indication that I was, Kash claimed to have RBed me and I don't get night results

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

whats a absorber

Absorber

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

are you making GBS threads me

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

TNL i never claimed to be roleblocked or received any such indication that I was, Kash claimed to have RBed me and I don't get night results

If you do something at night it is super strange that you would not get a night action result. But okay thanks for the clarification.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anyway ##vote King Burgundy this dude somehow missed the Opop day but was asking for more content despite also having said very little.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

This thread is super apathetic.

Holiday weekend is over. Post.

I just reread a bit, and there is like no content.

If anyone wants to chat. I'm here.

King Burgundy posted:

I mostly go for Ham or Canadian Bacon and Beef.

But any meat pizza is great.

King Burgundy posted:

Well, it could be two small scum teams I guess. 2 and 2?

Hey let's get some content in the thread. You know, like my pizza topping recommendations, and some idle (useless) speculation on scum numbers.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I like the cut of TNL's jib, that is a good case.

##vote king burgundy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote kb yeah works for me

• Locked thread