Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
I have a friend who's looking to add a download center to their small Wordpress site for his customers. Each - about three dozen total - would need to be able to log in and find the software they've purchased and then download it. Bonus points if they could also upload files if they have a customer service issue.

I've seen a few mix-n'-mash plugin combinations that could work in theory but the setups are at least a year old, so I'm wondering if there's a more current recommendation out there.

Similarly, if massaging Wordpress to do the unthinkable is, er, unthinkable, an out-of-the-box solution would also be great. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The common low effort "im a software developer not a web designer!!!" option is to put up a FTP server because its easy to set up and accessible from any browser released in the past decade. See: every windows media center addon ever created.

Bonus points if you only create one account and never change it so that when people want to buy your friend's automated boggle software they can just google around for it and find the login credentials for free!

just read the bold

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I think box does this, but I haven't used their product and can't offer any real information about it.

https://www.box.com/business/ftp-alternative/

• Locked thread