Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why even bother designing enemies when you have a list of 20+ titles you can pull them from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why even bother designing enemies when you have a list of 20+ titles you can pull them from

I mean design as in the way you fight / interact with them. I don't really like that just touching enemies hurts you/sends you flying. It felt real awkward for you to be allowed to go off the screen one moment but not the next. I feel like even hitting them wasn't the most satisfying because they'd just sort of freeze in place before getting flung from the screen awkwardly. But it's been awhile since I've actually played Adventure mode or subspace so I might just be talking mess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope Smash Run is back with online play. That mode has a lot of potential.

I want a heavily redone Smash Tour as well. Don’t get me wrong, it was poo poo in Wii U but Mario Party but Smash is a good enough idea that deserves another try.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really hope Smash Run is back with online play. That mode has a lot of potential.

I want a heavily redone Smash Tour as well. Don’t get me wrong, it was poo poo in Wii U but Mario Party but Smash is a good enough idea that deserves another try.

:yeah:

Smash Run was pretty fun.

Tour could benefit from Online as well. I had no reason to touch it offline, and it seems perfectly okay as a side mode rather then something central.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd love having the Subspace Emissary or something similar again. It was really fun having a proper story mode, even moreso one that allowed multi-player and you could catch enemies to get their trophies. It had its flaws, sure, but it was a lot of fun and much better than the incredibly dry Classic mode in both versions of 4.

Smash Run was the true single-player mode in 4, insanely fun as it was and my replacement for Mega Man 11 until the proper thing was announced, and hell, a great way to grind custom moves to the point that I genuinely got them all. I'll be genuinely sad if it isn't back, this is a portable/home hybrid so it could totally run it and I'd have people to play it with this time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Spring man sucks, give us Twintelle.

Use the Koopalings solution and put in any ARMS fighter where the hitboxes would still make sense.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bongo Bill posted:

Use the Koopalings solution and put in any ARMS fighter where the hitboxes would still make sense.

That's... actually a good idea. I see no reason that couldn't work besides maybe Twintelle's "arm" situation being different

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

That's... actually a good idea. I see no reason that couldn't work besides maybe Twintelle's "arm" situation being different

She's not different enough to need different hitboxes, really. It's up to the animators

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They're not gonna cram the entire Arms cast into a single character slot.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Of course, they're going to leave out Helix because he's horrifying.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

Of course, they're going to leave out Helix because he's horrifying.
You take that blasphemy back.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

All arms characters are the same

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Subspace woudlve been good if the enemies weren't poo poo ya . Just bring back adventure mode though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I want to brainlessly collect things by mashing buttons and seeing cool colors and flashing lights, like a child, in the Smash single player. I don't want it to be hard like trying to kill a hundred polygon people.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I wasn't a big fan of classic mode in both the 3DS and Wii U game. Melee and Brawl had it right for that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Supercar Gautier posted:

No but the "basically human" ones can all be skins like the koopalings. That's still quite a few

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

TBH one of the reasons I don't want Spring Man would be because he's not got any interesting mechanics to play with beyond just the ARMS. So all ARMSmen on a single roster would be equally disappointing.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Min min for smash

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Moriatti posted:

TBH one of the reasons I don't want Spring Man would be because he's not got any interesting mechanics to play with beyond just the ARMS. So all ARMSmen on a single roster would be equally disappointing.

I disagree. There’s a lot of variety in the various arms sets to make him interesting.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

He'll get the Toaster and nothing else, and you know it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Echo Chamber posted:

He's a lovely villain with no personality. He's not a main protagonist. Or a famous sidekick. Or the main villain. Having an actual Metroid playable would be better.

The basis of him being in Smash has been propped up by a vocal and loud minority of toxic Smash players who kept screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! I KNOW WHO RIDLEY IS!!!!" since the Melee trailer dropped. It's a cultural signal more than a genuine suggestion for a character. These folks think you can't be a real Smash Bros. fan if you don't want Ridley. And all the speculation is a product of the Smash competitive community's meta-culture who want to speak for all Smash Bros. players. Smash should be enjoyed by all.

Having Ridley be an Assist or a stage hazard is fine. I've been playing Smash since the N64 days. The games don't need Ridley playable. Sakurai should just keep trolling the Ridley advocates. I'm not trashing Ridley for fun. I'm really scared that Sakurai might yield to all the pressure.

Why do you need to come up with a weird fan fiction for why you don't want a popular character in the game? This is far more deranged than whatever boogeyman you perceive the competitive community to be.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Why do you need to come up with a weird fan fiction for why you don't want a popular character in the game? This is far more deranged than whatever boogeyman you perceive the competitive community to be.

It's a whole ton of words when you only need two.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope they add some more Smokin hot babes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sharrrk posted:

i hope they add some more Smokin hot babes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GameCube controller adaptors have been spotted in the venue where they’re doing the Smash Switch invitational tomorrow.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
That’s ... entirely expected? They’ve been functional on the switch for months now.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

accidentally mind you

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

It has been a pleasure posting with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859844

new thread everyone go here BYE

• Locked thread