Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Give them the death penalty!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Frackie Robinson posted:

You know, having read the article I really don't have a good defense any more, I guess I've just got to admit that the amount of enjoyment I get watching the team outweighs the amount that this actually bothers me. I'm going to go ahead and forfeit my right to discuss this matter any further, because I'm unable to look at it objectively.

What's up horribly shamed college football body

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Wow, I know I'm supposed to hate Baylor and laugh at their incompetence and them being terrible and all that (frogs b*tch), but after reading through all of that ESPN stuff, this is all completely depressing and awful, now.

E: and good Lord, please do not go to fan sites even more than usual. I was expecting to see a couple "hey guys, you know this is a terrible situation" in their threads, but I've yet to see that...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chieves posted:

Wow, I know I'm supposed to hate Baylor and laugh at their incompetence and them being terrible and all that (frogs b*tch), but after reading through all of that ESPN stuff, this is all completely depressing and awful, now.

I think if you are looking at a rape scandal as an opportunity to talk trash on a divisional rival you are actually a huge piece of poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think if you are looking at a rape scandal as an opportunity to talk trash on a divisional rival you are actually a huge piece of poo poo.

Like anyone is looking for an opportunity to talk poo poo on a division rival. That opportunity is every second of every day, gently caress the Saints, amen.

But yeah, I get your meaning. If you cackle with glee because "lol rape scandal, you fuckers!" then yes, you're a huge piece of poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress the Saints

eat poo poo :mad:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This choice in hashtag is going over well:

https://twitter.com/CoachArtBriles/status/694177923784257536

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Shocking Baylor Scandal: some rapist dude got kicked off the team and sent to jail following a police investigation. Meanwhile the entire state of Pennsylvania is pedophiles and JT "Florida State" Winston Barrett is raping everybody inbetween shoplifting.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

Shocking Baylor Scandal: some rapist dude got kicked off the team and sent to jail following a police investigation. Meanwhile the entire state of Pennsylvania is pedophiles and JT "Florida State" Winston Barrett is raping everybody inbetween shoplifting.

Ah, I see you must be an alumni of UMAD

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lmao

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

What the hell does JT Barrett have to do with your "point"???

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

:perfect:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Dattserberg posted:

What the hell does JT Barrett have to do with your "point"???

I don't know, maybe the fact that he was caught spreading crabs between hookers and his girlfriend of SIX MONTHS and mother of his child? Here's something I'm now mandating: I'm calling it Title 10, and all forums posters are responsible for investigating whether any woman anywhere was raped. If you mess it up or let the police handle it you're just as guilty as the rapists and pedophiles of Pennsylvania State U.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Can we give Baylor the death penalty and replace them with Hosuton?

Give the entire administration the death penalty.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

computer parts posted:

Give the entire administration the death penalty.

keep the administration as a honeypot so we can punish online posters that defend them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They can join Komet in his search for 'the real criminals'

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I don't know, maybe the fact that he was caught spreading crabs between hookers and his girlfriend of SIX MONTHS and mother of his child? Here's something I'm now mandating: I'm calling it Title 10, and all forums posters are responsible for investigating whether any woman anywhere was raped. If you mess it up or let the police handle it you're just as guilty as the rapists and pedophiles of Pennsylvania State U.

Were you making a 'Jameis Winston stealing crabs' joke?

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Baylor/Ken Starr dropped a statement about the rape cases. An hour before Super Bowl kickoff.

https://twitter.com/Baylor/status/696445983832412162

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The proper male singular form is "alumnus." :colbert:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Just want to mention: burn Baylor to the ground.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bump

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://prevailandride.blogspot.com/2016/05/baylor-has-rape-problem.html

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pro-click

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

~1 conviction every 2 recruiting classes :toot:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

pillsburysoldier posted:

~1 conviction every 2 recruiting classes :toot:

To play with the Big Dogs, you gotta get dirty.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FB Scoops posted:

In light of the recent events out of Waco, Baylor regents will remove sixth-year university president Ken Starr by the end of the month, according to a report from Chip Brown.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Caveat: this was reported by chip brown

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ken Starr finally got someone fired for a sex scandal

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lmao

and yeah I think there were a bunch of reports saying Baylor would can Starr before they considered dumping Briles.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Starr gone. This is part 1 in Baylor's attempt to save Briles. Now we see if it's enough. I doubt it is, considering the mess coming from the football program in the first place.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nicely done

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Starr gone. This is part 1 in Baylor's attempt to save Briles. Now we see if it's enough. I doubt it is, considering the mess coming from the football program in the first place.

At the very worst, Big XII Media Days will be a sight to behold.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Does Ken Starr sue Baylor for this or do you think he got a ton of hush money?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Does Ken Starr sue Baylor for this or do you think he got a ton of hush money?

There was some talk that he'd be fired as President but just moved to some position at the law school where he'd get the same pay. Basically just gets him out of the limelight.

To be fair I don't know if that's all Chip Brown or what, but it wouldn't shock me if that's what they did.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember being salty when Briles left Houston. Welp

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Starr forced the players upon Briles, so Briles is a victim in all this too

--Probably a dozen message boards, in some form

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Baylor releases one of those "no thats totally not true but yeah its true" denials re: Starr

quote:

The Baylor Board of Regents continues its work to review the findings of the Pepper Hamilton investigation and we anticipate further communication will come after the Board completes its deliberations. We will not respond to rumors, speculation or reports based on unnamed sources, but when official news is available, the University will provide it. We expect an announcement by June 3.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Briles has been fired, announcement coming shortly.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
As a University of Houston fan, let me say thahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

surrender posted:

As a University of Houston fan, let me say thahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(please don't let Baylor hire Tom Herman)

• Locked thread