Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
pointy kitty is not a washbear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

moonsour posted:

Story time:

While my mom was in the Army Reserves she had to do "guard duty" overnight during her 2 weeks a year.

She spent one night locked in the cab of a supply truck repeating to herself and her partner, "there's nothing we can do..."

Raccoons busted into the back of the truck, ripped open all the MREs and took only the junk food like chips and cheetos. And probably the adorably tiny bottles of Tabasco. It looked like a tornado the next morning and a whole truck of food no one was going to eat anyway (probably) got written off.

Those tiny bottles of tabasco are the cutest food things. I can just imagine eine Waschbär using one.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

goose fleet posted:

Morbidly obese raccoon stuck in a sink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsYZtv0D_84

Doesn't really look stuck so much as having a blast and getting his drink on.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Aramek posted:

We've always owned raccoons. My aunt is a retired vet, and the game and fish is always bringing us stuff, especially baby raccoons.

Aww, cute little baby raccoon.

Cute little curious baby raccoon.

Cute little curious baby raccoon who had both hands firmly on my watch band and tried to take it because it was shiny.

Cute Baron checkin' on us while we were pettin' the baby raccoon.

Cute little baby raccoon chewing on my left index finger with its cute little baby raccoon needle teeth.

Do those raccoons end up going back out, or did you keep any? I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether a raccoon raised from birth as an indoor pet would be a disaster or an adorable pal.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

goose fleet posted:

Pet raccoon + pet fox (!)

Tag NSFW there?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I am prepared to say that little dude is still pretty cute.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

She's beauty and she's grace.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Precious baby I want to hug.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

It's a pheromone thing.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

goose fleet posted:

We'd better domesticate them before they replace us

That's probably already in the early stages, with urban raccoons developing human-pleasing traits.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

This is less cute and more creepy. As someone said, like that Furry episode of CSI.

So when you have a pet one, I assume you bathe it. No matter how adorable wild one are, they're going to be filthy.

Maybe they're like cats, largely just keep themselves clean? For indoor trashbears, anyway, yes anything outdoors will be gross.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress sort of stock photo is this

One from Gunter Marx, obviously.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I remember a raccoon gif of a little dude sitting in like, a chair or maybe a hammock? He was super-fat and was trying to get up and couldn't, it was the most adorable. Where is that?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea this. I did and it was a super bad idea. Its like having a perpetual 2 year old. Fun at first then very tiring. And he started eating the drywall :/

How old was it when you got it?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Can we post vines on these boards yet? poo poo.

https://vine.co/v/iDVtt1vZl6Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Bad and wrong opinions, clearly.