Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OMG YAAAAAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cS7oQwCHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwGq0I4xEY <--- I like the part where he eats fruit

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I would like my username to be changed to one of these, preferably Uncle Destiny or Peach Pit

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Here is Oreo, the raccoon he was modelled from.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The second this video started I reflexively muttered, "Let them eat," and I was not disappointed.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7VYfDcP-o

:kimchi:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Aug 22, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Lonely Virgil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lkPFdyyMMk

Raccoons are called "washer-bears" in many languages. :3:

Oooh, that made me so happy.

Anyway, in terms of being aggressive, they tend to be very aggressive when they're not in big city centres, and when they are underweight. Rural raccoons are usually a little bit dumber, as well. A very large male that used to live under my deck with his little raccoon wife* used to do things like tug on my pant leg while I was browsing my phone to ask for either attention or food. It got so bad I had to carry out steins of water to splash on him, which made him look mildly confused ("I thought we were friends??") but didn't deter him until after the female gave birth and he had moseyed off. I'm glad he left because we couldn't get our cat fixed while she was in heat and he used to sit next to the bathroom window, and she thought he was a cat so she'd go into heat every two days or so (she also did the same thing whenever she'd find my roommate's jacket).

*: I forgot the word for "mate" but I am keeping this

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Cythereal posted:

Also, they tend to carry rabies. The proper response to a wild raccoon is a boot to the face if it won't take the hint to go away, especially if you have outdoors pets like chickens.

Yes, we understand you like animal abuse. Thank you once again. Also, I don't have chickens because I live in a downtown metropolis, but maybe next year.

VV: it's very weird that I paused Parks and Rec to watch more Parks and Rec.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Aug 23, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:colbert: I'm pretty pissed you didn't use the "pigout" caption for the second one.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Fat ones are the best.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Postal Parcel posted:

Cash crab's gooniest moment:

Took this from PYF AUG. I'd like to point out that I actually do live in Toronto. :buddy:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

kafziel posted:

pointy kitty is not a washbear

It's probably too early for a thread title, but,

vvvv: LET HIM SHOP

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Drum posted:

Raccoons keep emptying my hummingbird feeder at night. Jerks.

Do they eat it, at least?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Lonely Virgil posted:

Washbear remodels man's kitchen, adding a value of over $5,000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGf4M3QZo

:allears: Washbear Willie is like the animal version of that lady who eats drywall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ukn8aoUBY

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Rival posted:

Is it racist to think all raccoons look the same? Because I think I may have proof Cash Crab is cheating on his wife, but I can't be sure because raccoons all look the same.

If you've been paying attention, then you'll notice multiple people have courted for my affections on this board. I am very famous in that respect. Titties, for instance, and possibly goose fleet.

Pictured: A group of potential suitors.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This is art

So is this:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 06:43 on Aug 24, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Goat Attack posted:

Jesus, Cash Crab, leave some for the other raccoons.

"I loving LOVE MILK"

What a perfect specimen. This is a scientifically perfect animal.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

titties posted:

I can't trap and eat things without a reason.

If I really wanted to eat raccoons and stuff that bad I'd just get a permit and hunt them, and I don't really feel like it. I just wouldn't want them to go to waste if they were already being killed.

:smith: First the stew, now this.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

goose fleet posted:

I want to live this life:

:3: eee, look at the bellybutton.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

^^^^: BABIES :kimchi:

Bina posted:

Cash Crab, you're really good at chores.

I rub my greedy hands together

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I saw an albino last night!! I was chilling on my porch with my phone and felt something tickle my leg and it was an albino, sniffing my leg. I gasped and scared him away. :(

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Frostwerks posted:

That was me.

come back

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

wikipedia posted:

The Japanese Raccoon Dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides viverrinus), also known as tanuki (狸 or たぬき?) in Japanese, is a subspecies of the Asian raccoon dog.

The legendary tanuki has eight special traits that bring good fortune, possibly created to coincide to the Hachi symbol (meaning 'eight') often found on the sake bottles the statues hold. The eight traits are these:
a hat to be ready to protect against trouble or bad weather;
big eyes to perceive the environment and help make good decisions;
a sake bottle that represents virtue;
a big tail that provides steadiness and strength until success is achieved;
an over-sized scrotum that symbolizes financial luck;
a promissory note that represents trust or confidence;
a big belly that symbolizes bold and calm decisiveness; and
a friendly smile.[23][24]

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Counterpoint: very trustworthy child

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Sudo Echo posted:

LIVE!!! from my back yard some baby trash pandas

they ate all the plums.

"hey there, got any more plums?"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Bored posted:

Looks like a Russian zoo uses washing clothes for their raccoon enrichment. I think they are hiding treats in the folds of the clothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uVDkgycik

Don't invite raccoons over for christmas. They will open all the presents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05H75ojd0s
Or maybe the yotaphone is made of fish and that's why the raccoons broke into the boxes.

:kimchi: This made me so happy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

what the gently caress posted:

So they dont really, like, come to you for cuddles or pets or snuggles or whatever? Just for food?

Does one come up and curl up on your lap like a cat or have they not yet been that domesticated or just not capable of displaying that kind of affection?

A woman who used to come into the store I used to work at told me one night, 30 or some odd years ago, she got really drunk and decided to go to her mom's house rather than take the train all the way back east. So, she cracked open another beer, lit up a smoke and promptly fell asleep on the lawn chair outside her mom's apartment. She said she could feel herself drifting off and the cat jumping onto her lap, so she fell asleep stroking its fur. When she woke up, she realized it was a very large raccoon and she had to wait until he woke up before she could go inside.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Bina posted:

Cash Crab, wasn't this the Halloween where you ate too much pumpkin pie, and barfed all over your princess costume, and convinced people it was magical fairy dust?

That was some night :allears:

This used to be my FB profile picture and I got really freaked out for a second.

And yes.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

PYF Raccoon: cash crab Appreciation Station

I thought that was AFP

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

"It's OK to Raccoon" - Any dog ever

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

BgRdMchne posted:

crash cab is my favorite raccoon

:v:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This predates the Bush administration

Fat gorgeous bean

VVV: Swimp-Y.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Oct 3, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:3: I love her long legs. She looks like she is eating fries on stilts.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Can you actually tell raccoon genders just by looking at them?

... :colbert: I can.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just googled Tasmanian Devils because of this and oh my god you guys:

:3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Eponine posted:

A raccoon story:

When I worked at a summer camp, we left those little shelf-stable packets of butter out on the tables in the eating lodge. They were the little cups with the foil on top that you peel off. But then we would get into the place in the morning and they would be missing or they'd be empty: the foil ripped off and the little cups littering the tables. There were tons of rat traps everywhere (this is rural Michigan, so rat/squirrel traps) around the outside of the eating lodge, plus they locked up every other food source at night to keep smells from attracting animals. One of the central staff members even suggested it might be a camper who bragged about eating an entire stick of butter. So we decided to have two counselors stay in the eating lodge until after everyone had gone to sleep to catch the butter thief in the act. They stayed until about midnight when they heard the back screen door open, but not slam shut and little padded feet come into the eating lodge. Thinking they were about to catch a butter-craving 9 year old girl, they jump out with flashlights on and scare what was apparently the fattest raccoon either of them had ever seen. He didn't even freak out, he just ignored them and grabbed a butter cup to stick his little people hands into.

We named him Methuselah and left a little bowl of whatever we'd had for dinner at the back of the eating lodge after they started to lock up the butter every night.

:kimchi: Chubby thief bear.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

She is mine also:

cash crab casts summon AFP

It's Super Effective!

I avoid eye contact every time I walk by that KFC :saddowns:

e: And by "eye contact" I mean "looking directly at the dilapidated sign"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Mouse Dresser posted:

Heading out back to the dumpster for dinner, bbl

Fun fact: I, myself, cannot ride a bike

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

goose fleet posted:

For animals that all look identical why are raccoons so adorable

:3: Some of them are fatter than others, which is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GIVE HER A MAKEOVER
GIVE HER A MAKEOVER