Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I assume Jake Allen has been sent back to the AHL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I assume Jake Allen has been sent back to the AHL?

Yeah I believe so.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Stamkos is on pace for like 20 goals this season

what
the
gently caress

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

tofes posted:

Stamkos is on pace for like 20 goals this season

what
the
gently caress

Turns out the rest of the TB lineup has been carrying him. Who'd have thought?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Habibi posted:

Turns out the rest of the TB lineup has been carrying him. Who'd have thought?

Can't wait until he signs with the Leafs for $14M a season and becomes a huge flop.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ThinkTank posted:

Can't wait until he signs with the Leafs for $14M a season and becomes a huge flop.

Well my GM is playing Nylander at 19, trading picks for Zach Boychuk and hiring Billy fuckin Smith to coach so I don't see why he wouldn't

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

also Backes is on pace for like less than 10 goals this is ridiculous

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
it's cold out there for a Jet

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
These fake Jets are proving my hypothesis that Corsi means nothing.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Release the Kracken!

And by that, I mean sent Jesper Fast to the NHL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
February 1st Update

The Leafs (and Avs!) have come all the way back to snag playoff spots. Pretty remarkable comebacks. The Blue Jackets and a rejuvenated Schneider are threatening, as are the Caps, and in the West surely one of the Corsi-Jets, Crosby-Hawks, or Dubynk-Mason Wild will take that 8th spot from that ridiculous Oilers team (although Karlsson is heating up big time).

Semin and Murphy continue to defy all logic.

The Yotes actually have Reimer on the trade block for some reason after that Markstrom trade

The US wins the World Juniors with slight help from Sonny Milano against the McDavidless Canadians.

Mid-season ISS rankings:

With the trade deadline looming here's what the block looks like:

POTM (may be slightly bugged)

oh and fistful of coaches got axed:

No significant injuries to report. I'll post team stats later.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Release the Kracken!

And by that, I mean sent Jesper Fast to the NHL.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 26, 2015

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna need an update on how the hell my team has scored so many goals when Perry only has 15 and is my leading scorer

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
also billy smith for jack Adams

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pulkkinen is the only bright spot on my team, jesus.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I TOLD YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

oh god I've created the 2013-14 Devils

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Roughly half of those top scorers are bullllshit.

Can I encourage my GM to also trade Cullen and Robidas and other lovely vets for 1st round picks?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
loving lmao at the 2nd and 32nd overall picks being in the hands of someone else for a season of robin regehr

its depressing how a team of all good 2nd/3rd line forwards ends up all of them being ahl fodder somehow

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 27, 2015

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Obviously the program wants to right a terrible wrong and have the Sabres end up with Connor McDavid, I can understand.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
also loving lol at colin white and kyle connor. its nice to see that prospects in this game arent so loving anemic after the changes

t-bone, you should go take over an AHL team or something and hire an all-star team of scouts, and scout the NHL entry draft, give us the hilarious bullshit scouting reports for the top 30 or so and we wager on which prospect compared to a "better version of evgeni malkin" is actually an LNAH 3rd liner

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Verviticus posted:

also loving lol at colin white and kyle connor. its nice to see that prospects in this game arent so loving anemic after the changes

Make your pick on the other thread dude.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i dunno who i want

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verviticus posted:

i dunno who i want

so ask to be skipped you autist

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I really have no idea why the top scorers are so bizarre in this sim, with normal teams it seems to be fairly realistic.

and yeah verv I'll do scouting reports before the draft that's a good idea.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 27, 2015

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
East Stats

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
oh hey I forgot the all-star game:

it's pretty silly how it's still coded into be rep based (hence no Semin, Murphy).

Here's how the CHL is looking:

And the AHL:

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 27, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

TEAM STAMKOS are you serious

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
West stats

I probably won't update again until Friday or Saturday but it will be a special tradeline edition with lots of inexplicable transactions and disaster planting.

e:

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 27, 2015

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

I am terribly disappointed with Plex not keeping up his 2ppg pace. What a yooge loser. And why has Drouin only played thirty some odd games? He hurt?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah he missed 3 weeks with a pulled hammy.

e: Those Colin White/Kyle Connor stats are from the USHL btw which is why they look inflated against the CHL/NCAA/Euro stats.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 27, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

they must have upgraded virtanen to something useful in the db

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i will pray for death if John Tavares ever puts up a 10g 11a 21p line in any 50 game stretch as an islander

I mean that's what I expect from him when he's 38 and signs with the rangers but not yet damnit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
8.56% shooting percentage, are you loving making GBS threads me right now.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Hell yea, pride of Aneroid Patty Marleau captains his all-star team, surely this will spark his team to a second half resurgence.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ryan Murphy is tied in scoring with Pietrangelo and McDonagh. Combined.

Kadri is having a pretty weak rear end season with 17P in 42G, but then I look at some other teams and he's not far off the pace of Tavares (21P), Bergeron (20P), Eric Staal (23)... what a garbage fire. Even Crosby can only manage 40 in 50 with Ladd and Hossa.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Tomas Plekanec motherfuckers

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
March 1st Update

The trade deadline has passed and we have several new playoff teams. tofes's Jets have finally taken a spot in the West, while ThinkTank's Blue Jackets are red hot and have moved into 6th in the East.

Semin is somewhat slumping thank god

I think I have to take Murphy with my next pick in the other draft just out of awe

Schneider has keyed ThinkTank's resurgence

Drouin is back but the Sharks have actually stumbled a bit

Lots of deadline deals. My Devils loaded up, getting Buf and Goligoski to strengthen a D that should have been bad.

One major injury

More coaches lose their heads (the Yotes move is just a scout addition)

Draft Rankings

1st Round draft pick situation after the deadline (it looks like imported the draft pick moves from real life unfortunately, I'll have to tell Jordan how to fix that for next time).

Monthly Awards

Team updates coming soon.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

drat straight Gingerbricks.

Also haha way too many first round picks moved.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How in the gently caress is that Rangers team second in the east?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
East Stats

• Locked thread