Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

good show/kevin owens is still fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
hahaha I started watching the replay and Corey called the Vaudevillains hipsters out of Williamsburg, and, yeah

hell they could have gotten those hats from the old-school hat shop on Bedford Av

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

good show/kevin owens is still fat

Yeah but he's great.

Wrestledad fat so what

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

Some notes:

- That cool HHH opening at the start worked better than I expected. He asked for silence in the arena, and obviously didn't get it, but got as drat near close as he could
- Barclays seems like a great place to see a show, anyone in the lower or middle sections had a great view. Not so sure about upper
- They had issues with the monitors that led to people chanting TURN THE SCREENS ON during the final match, eventually got them back on right as they went to the outside
- The taped matches were pretty drat good. I think a couple of them might be relatively quiet but people went wild for the Enzo/Cass match and were pretty into the Divas match (weird botched? finish aside)
- I was sitting behind the kickoff panel, and when they ended they turned and smiled to our section full of hecklers. Guy next to me kept making fun of how Corey Graves had no socks, and Graves was like "it's stylish!" and laughed :3:
- Finn's entrance is loving unreal live on the floor. Could barely see through the smoke by the end of it, it was awesome. Took a video: https://twitter.com/thomasABoyt/status/635312822335983616

I just got home. I was sitting up top and haven't had a chance to watch the replay. We were sitting up top and during the ladder match we couldn't see the belt at all, or half the stuff on the floor. The screens were super useful for following what was going on because other than the general movements it was hard to follow what the tiny people in the ring were doing.

Also, it bears mentioning that the main event started out as a clusterfuck for us up high. The screens weren't showing anything but the logo. And we were pissed. Then they tossed out the people who threw streamers and we got mad at that. Then they let the streamers people back and we celebrated. The screens still weren't on so we were mad again. Then the screens came on and we watched the drat match. All those distractions hurt the main event, at least from my perspective, but that's live entertainment for you!

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Takeover was fun and good. I dread having to attend SummerSlam and Raw now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

interpunct posted:

Takeover was fun and good. I dread having to attend SummerSlam and Raw now.

Give me your tickets

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yo guys, that show was the poo poo. Not a single bad match on the card. Even Joe carried the poo poo out of Corbin to a passable match. I loved the finish too.

The tag match was so good. I've been on the BAMF train since they were the jobber Dubstep Cowboys (awesome sign whoever did it) and they really proved why I like them so much tonight. That match was a fantastic playing out of the face team finally evening the playing field and the crowd reaction was awesome. Rovert having a full mental break was also cool.

The women's match was obviously unreal and I haven't felt that much jubilation from a win since Sami at REvolution.

The demon can now teleport so humanity is hosed. I don't know how they can really top that very clever entrance, but I look forward to it happening.

I can't believe they booked a show with faces winning every single match, but drat was it gratifying.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I saw nothing particularly interesting tonight from Chunky Mullet Ultraman despite the hype

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Tezzor posted:

I saw nothing particularly interesting tonight from Chunky Mullet Ultraman despite the hype

Well he's literally over 50 so the fact that he survived the match is pretty impressive

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

watching Jushin Thunder Liger use Tyler Breeze's selfie stick was in fact extremely cool and good

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Yeah but he's great.

Wrestledad fat so what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Tezzor posted:

he didn't do as much as i expected. he did a lot more during the ring of honor/njpw crossovers.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Can we talk about the fact that in the women's title match, the person in the ring with the most manicured eyebrows was the ref? Dude's brow game was on point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Can we talk about the fact that in the women's title match, the person in the ring with the most manicured eyebrows was the ref? Dude's brow game was on point.
Former deathmatch wrestler, Drake Younger.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Flameingblack posted:

Former deathmatch wrestler, Drake Younger.

Naw, he reffed the ladder match. This was some other guy I've never noticed before (Drake is the only noticeable NXT ref)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tezzor posted:

if you can't understand that Liger is probably one of the most influential wrestlers of all time and that for a 50 year old had a faster, better, and more fun match than you are going to see taker have tomorrow then there is no hope.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That felt like the perfect length for a wrestling show. I am not looking forward to 5 hour summer slam w/ preshow to catch whatever match they bump to it.

Also, this kicks off something insane with like 17 hours of original programming from WWE from Saturday to Thursday. Not even including whatever Network Exclusive stuff that airs this week in its normal time slot after Raw (Swerved?)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yo guys, that show was the poo poo. Not a single bad match on the card. Even Joe carried the poo poo out of Corbin to a passable match. I loved the finish too.

The tag match was so good. I've been on the BAMF train since they were the jobber Dubstep Cowboys (awesome sign whoever did it) and they really proved why I like them so much tonight. That match was a fantastic playing out of the face team finally evening the playing field and the crowd reaction was awesome. Rovert having a full mental break was also cool.

The women's match was obviously unreal and I haven't felt that much jubilation from a win since Sami at REvolution.

The demon can now teleport so humanity is hosed. I don't know how they can really top that very clever entrance, but I look forward to it happening.

I can't believe they booked a show with faces winning every single match, but drat was it gratifying.

Where did rovert have a meltdown?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Twitter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Teddybear posted:

Yeah but he's great.

Wrestledad fat so what

His billed weight is higher than that of the one true wrestledad, Arn Anderson.

Verdict: HE'S FAT

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AlmightyPants posted:

Triple H or Stephanie posted a picture with Sara Del Ray praising her training of the NXT Women, and Rovert literally replied to every single comment, favorite, and retweet telling them "NO SARA DIDN'T TRAIN THEM IT WAS NORMAN SMILEY"

Every single goddamn tweet. And he argued with a lot of people too.

He's currently just arguing with anyone who says anything positive about Blue Pants aka Leva Bates.

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
If the guys in the row behind me hadn't been the most obnoxious chanting pricks I've ever sat near at a show it would have been a perfect night for me. It was still drat near perfect. The Bayley-Sasha match was the best match I've ever seen in person and should have been the last match on the card. I never thought I'd see the day where a hot crowd would be a little flat for a great ladder match between two great wrestlers because the women's match that went on before it tore the goddamn house down.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Matches were solid to phenomenal, and I am officially ready for Corey Graves to replace JBL on Raw ASAP.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's funny how pre-Mania they used the same concept to so little effect when a bunch of obviously fake Stings teleported to intimidate Triple H.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Codependent Poster posted:

This is a pretty decent match.

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was a good match tbh

ayn rand hand job posted:

poo poo that was a great match

I too thought Corbin vs. Joe was quite drat good. Easily Corbin's high point so far and I don't think Joe exactly carried him. I thought Joe looked kinda sloppy in parts himself. I think we just saw that Corbin has a wheelhouse. He obviously struggles on NXT because you've got a ton of indy guys that are 10s and he's a 5 but put him in there with a straight up brawler and he looked good.

What I'm saying is that he'd probably be better off on Raw than NXT.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I don't think I have ever cared about anything in my entire life as much as rovert cares who gets credit for training some women how to pretend to fight on television.

I've asked him at least 3 times why he cares so much. He just says "Well Norman Smiley doesn't get the credit he deserves" but he has never answered why he cares. I'd pay to hear a psychiatrist analyze him, I really would.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Really great PPV, although I couldn't get into Balor vs Owens because Sasha and Bayley was so draining.

Aside from the wrestling I really liked the NXT set in a bigger venue. The black and white colour scheme was cool too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Ribsauce posted:

I don't think I have ever cared about anything in my entire life as much as rovert cares who gets credit for training some women how to pretend to fight on television.

I've asked him at least 3 times why he cares so much. He just says "Well Norman Smiley doesn't get the credit he deserves" but he has never answered why he cares. I'd pay to hear a psychiatrist analyze him, I really would.

Maybe he IS Norman Smiley

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I laughed at Corbin trying to lift Joe for a suplex and ending up with some half-assed sideways powerbomb.

Corbin did look a lot better in this match than he did in his previous big match against Rhyno. Of course, it helped that he wasn't blown up after five minutes.

Was genuinely surprised that they had Liger go over Breeze, was fully expecting him to win and use that to get properly into the main event scene.

The Sasha-Bayley match was as expected, really good. I actually gasped a little at Bayley pulling out something looking like an inverted frankensteiner near the end. They also took some nasty bumps in general in that match, they really go all out.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

MrBling posted:

I laughed at Corbin trying to lift Joe for a suplex and ending up with some half-assed sideways powerbomb.

I actually felt like that was an, albeit terrible, actual attempt at a move. Like a suplex slam thing. Looked crap obv.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

MacDougall posted:

I actually felt like that was an, albeit terrible, actual attempt at a move. Like a suplex slam thing. Looked crap obv.

I got J-ru to make a gif.

it totally looks like a normal setup for a suplex but Corbin realises about halfway that it isn't going to work.

If that is an actual move, it is real bad.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

MrBling posted:

I got J-ru to make a gif.

it totally looks like a normal setup for a suplex but Corbin realises about halfway that it isn't going to work.

If that is an actual move, it is real bad.

they did pretty quickly call it a front suplex, and judging by the way he steps back with his left foot, i'm inclined to believe this was intentional.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
And to be honest, it looks like it'd hurt as much or more than any other slam move. It's a little bit like a backyard wrestling move but it's more impactful than the Wasteland.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He did a falcon arrow on Neville, maybe he was trying that but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

You say there was no Vince but I heard Byron (I think) compare the Vaudevillains to the Dreamfinder.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Triple H or Stephanie posted a picture with Sara Del Ray praising her training of the NXT Women, and Rovert literally replied to every single comment, favorite, and retweet telling them "NO SARA DIDN'T TRAIN THEM IT WAS NORMAN SMILEY"

Every single goddamn tweet. And he argued with a lot of people too.

He's currently just arguing with anyone who says anything positive about Blue Pants aka Leva Bates.

Yowza. How sad.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
This show was the god drat best.

This is the kind of wrestling that makes up for the bad wrestling. This was so awesome, the fact that most wrestling isn't very good doesn't matter, I get to watch shows like this.

It's baffling that I have no faith in Summerslam being a good show. I hope people can just tell me after the event what I need to see, because....gently caress 4 hours of generic WWE bullshit.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It was the best.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Imagine a card full of matches where both sides give their all, and then the better one wins at the end. Ugh, who wants to see that?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

This can only mean all the heels win at Summerslam :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

tao of lmao posted:

Yowza. How sad.

Why? Norman Smiley does most of the crying

• Locked thread