Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
E. We can be a colossal jackass and soak up the luck and pratfall our way through life while everyone around us falls through open sewer grates.

Do we decide how we effect luck? Or is it'Other people are luckier and I'm not, or vice versa'

Edit: Changed to D below.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

Jo can cause a lucky event to happen for herself. She could, for example, make herself win the lottery! If she did that, however, an EQUALLY unlucky event will befall her. Like... getting rear ended onto a train crossing in front a train full of chemicals that only runs through the area once a year, while Harrison Ford's plane crashes on her at the same time. So, she keeps it to small things, or at least has until now!

She can also choose to experience bad luck in exchange for random good luck later. Once she effects her luck she WILL have an opposite reaction at some, random point in the future.

Additionally, she may be able to change the luck of others in the future. Maybe. If she doesn't get a life threatening infection from a paper cut or fall into a sewer grate before then. ;)

There is absolutely, positively no way that goons won't end up blowing a huge wad of luck on a stupid venture and then screwball it all up. Changing my vote to D, we need survivability and the opportunity to make mortal mistakes over :suicide:, and over :kingsley:, and over :happyelf:. Just gotta keep that heart rate up :cocaine:.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 23, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

Votes so far:

A - 0
B - 1
C - 3
D - 6
E - 6

It's a tie!

I changed my vote to D a few posts back.

vv: woop, I am kingmaker!

Outrail fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 23, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

I answered this in part above, but yes. Jane eats and breathes and needs to do so in order to function. She could go without eating...but starving to deathhealing coma isn't really conducive to getting anything accomplished.

If she held her breath she would pass out. If she drowns... well, that's an interesting one. She'd need to be fished out of the water to recuperate. Good thing she's the boss and has underlings to order around!

Has jane experienced decapitation, industrial shredding or similar total body deconstruction?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
At least breaking into the morgue will be easy enough.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

She can heal brain damage to a certain point. If her brains were, for a random example, splashed all over a door frame by a fifty foot giant, she would be dead.

It doesn't affect her personality or memories. At least, not that she's noticed!

Rule one. Avoid all genetically or magically enlarged humans over 10 feet. How big is a giant?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E/D loving squib.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

This is the sort of cliche that causes unnecessary failure.

Yeah, there's no reason we can't be both terrorists and play the police as a double agent. Lets get in the Po-po's good books as an informant.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Are we going to go for harmony with humans and just take down the dicks, or do we want to establish a genocidal five year plan? I'm leaning toward the former.

Ask intercept to find out who the Locos major players are, who and where their families live and if they've got any major detractors. Let's play the hearts and minds angle especially on social media, see if we can get them alienated in their own homes and neighbourhood. Two headed mutant bunny says 'don't tread on me'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yep, lets get a run down of who we've got and what they can do.

Also if there are any potential recruits in the shelter, or anyone that might be useful and just needs to be convinced that they should follow us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Squib and Vigilante should make a good explosive assassin match

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
1A
2FA

Try and develop a Rep as a gang that just wants harmony.

Talk to the rival gang and see if we can develop a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' relationship. They can provide muscle and bodies, we can help with inventive trouble shooting.

Also check out the new crib, gotta have a backup.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Uh, on my mobile, I mean get the highway patrol to tell the protesters to chill their tits, don't give us muties a bad name.

Then check out the warehouse and make kissyface with the rival gang /potential allies.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
So you're saying we should become mutant method dealers?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

The Locos leader has two strikes and leaves most of the heavy lifting to his lieutenants. You don't know much about the members of the Boneyard.

Actually... Let go pick a fight with the Locos leader, he shoots us, we die, he goes to jail, we wake up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
In that case you're thinking too small.

Buy backpack, go to Venezuela.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C "... and we got a kid who can turn a handful of rocks into a grenade barrage, we'll lend him to you for a night if you help us out"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Warehouse with huge windows? That's a security risk. The substation could be good for stealing juice but we're not mad scientists.

BD. Eel, start making some contacts while your on the inside. He did nothing wrong so won't get charged with poo poo. Concentrate on recruiting muties with combat and/or recon skillset /powers. And someone who can cook.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If we can board those windows up its perfect

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A bunch of violent revolutionaries trying to plan an assassination or interrogate a prisoner in a cramped apartment filled with dirty dishes while Squib whines he can't hear his animes... yeah I like that.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

Squib has a Desert Eagle in his top drawer (which is like, completely ridiculous given his power), but Eel and Wildfire don’t have personal weapons and Intercept doesn’t like guns.

Uh yeah. If Thom's Uzi idea dosen't work for some reason stare at the stupid Desert Eagle for a bit and slap Squib across the back of his head. Go down to the local army surplus store and pick up a slingshot and a bag of marbles. Then drag him away from his cartoons and spend a day in the desert making sure he can use his motherfucking RPG and bag of grenades without blowing his friends up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Vavrek posted:

If we're sufficiently successful, we could totally set up a terrorist freedom training camp right here in the USA.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We could start a small anti mutant gang known for being enthusiastically violent, but unwilling to hurt normals.

Then as Rep gets around other anti mutant groups start to contact our 'gang' to solve problems, and then we blow the assholes up with our nerd/artillery piece.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm happy if we say gently caress you Brotherhood and your Nazi bullshit and have everyone pissed at us.

Let's try and foster a 'make peace with the rest of humanity' shtick. If that means we have to regress and hurt people who try and hurt us with some old fashioned ultra violence, well... Great.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

I'm going to leave the vote open for a while longer. Our results so far (exactingly calculated via Borda count) are to (1) DIVIDE THE LOCOS, (2) WIN HEARTS, and (3) FIND STASH (but not at all costs). More than half of you also don't mind DROPPING BODIES while you do so, but listed it as your last priority which to me means we wouldn't be trying to up the body count, but we won't cry ourselves to sleep about dead Locos in the street, either.

Keep the flashy blow em up types on a tight leash. Dead bodies or no we'll attract a large amount of negative attention if people think we're using weapons of war, even more so if it's mutants.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Pretty sure mutants that can spit fire and wreck havoc would become the next Kony in more troubled areas.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

We probably aren't going to Africa any time soon, though. Are we? :ohdear:

Let's drag this poo poo off the rails. The mutants are going to Africa!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D. That was the plan man. (You can borrow the moron after we've trained him a bit.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C. But vigilante is calling he shots and tel her stay off the drugs (nicely, just a reminder in case she was planning on something). Tell wildfire we're holding her in reserve for this one.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

could have waited to show it off, didn't want to

It's a very nice map. We're all very, very proud of you.

I hope we get to blow poo poo up all over your fancy map.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ElrondHubbard posted:

C: These two put together

We're friendly and paranoid.

That's a fancy way of saying clever

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tomn posted:

Given goons, I am tempted to suggest Benny Hill.

Key this up on side B, for when it goes hilariously wrong.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B. Recklessly put ourselves in harm's way as a distraction/cover for our other more dangerous/useful members. Remember that in a combat situation we're essentially an unspecial mook that can take a few more hits. They're attacking children so don't worry about PR and light em up. If we get a spare second have Intercept to get started on the social media saturation using words like 'Child killers, self sacrifice, cowards, heartless would be murderers'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C! Keep the adrenaliiiiiiiiiineeee! Train rolling.

Also, squib. Seriously? A loving ping ping ball? JFC. We need to take him out training. Handful of gravel, rocks, marbles, anything else you loving dipshit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Gnaw off our thumb and jam three epipens into our leg in a desperate attempt to stay conscious while we calmly direct the field of battle.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tomn posted:

C 1.

Keep on with the spick and span heroic rescuer image. The police might not buy it, but the shelter and press might.

This. Be a big drat hero.

If we 'die' later when we calm down can we claim unjustifiable homicide against the Locos?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ElrondHubbard posted:

Seconding getting Vigilante to bail the kid out.

And the kid's abductor's hand. Oops.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C3

We did good. Now back off, make sure our people and allies are save and let the locos stew in their defeat for a bit.

Tomorrow leak their location to the cops and have some additional drugs *bamf'd* into their premises.

We can clean them up once they've scattered from the cops.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A permanent solution would involve Squibb, Vigilante and half a pound of depleted uranium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
BDE

Locos can wait, we hosed them up and if we go quiet they'll probably get the message we aren't to be messed with. If we try and waste them it'll turn into full scale gang violence and that sucks.

Lets focus on recruitment and consolidation, for the moment, then training and elimination of enemies. Establish army, train army, watch a zombie start a loving war.

• Locked thread