Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
Made a bunch of pizzas and used my Tuscan grill too.

Pics when I get off my lazy rear end and host them.

NosmoKing fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

Grill worked great.

Up to cooking 3 pieces of naan at once.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

double post

NosmoKing fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 9, 2015

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On the cornmeal chat, I used to use before I got my pizza steel. The pizza steel gets and stays so hot that it just turns into something not unlike burnt sawdust. I'll try semolina next time.

And Nosmo, my pizza dough is 58% hydration (using King Arthur bread flour). If I go beyond that I get big time sticking on the peel.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

I like you, Nosmo, so I feel it's only fair to warn you. I'm hiring Carmen Sandiego to steal your grill for me.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

contrapants posted:

I like you, Nosmo, so I feel it's only fair to warn you. I'm hiring Carmen Sandiego to steal your grill for me.

Cool, you can distract him with his grill while I load up the oven.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

And Nosmo, my pizza dough is 58% hydration (using King Arthur bread flour). If I go beyond that I get big time sticking on the peel.

This is a 65% hydration dough using Caputo 00 flour.

Velvety and soft when floured adequately, but sticky as an August ballsack if you stretch it too far.

Apparently, I double posted above. Time to go edit...

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Croatoan posted:

Cool, you can distract him with his grill while I load up the oven.

No wonder I found this in my backyard this morning.

I swear, asking Carmen Sandiego to steal you something requires the careful wording of making a wish with a genie. Now I owe her AND I don't have NosmoKing's oven.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

dino. posted:

This is a good thread nosmo. Any chance of trying a batch of roti?

Give me your awesome roti recipe and I'm on it.

Next plans are bagels and pretzels (bought some food grade NaOH), and some braising.

Already baked a loaf of bread, basically a no-knead breadwad. Turned out great. Super crunchy crust, basically shattered when cut.

Roti sounds like it would go first with a live fire hot as balls oven, then do the bagels and pretzels, then as the oven cools, overnight braise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

NosmoKing posted:

Give me your awesome roti recipe and I'm on it.

Next plans are bagels and pretzels (bought some food grade NaOH), and some braising.

Already baked a loaf of bread, basically a no-knead breadwad. Turned out great. Super crunchy crust, basically shattered when cut.

Roti sounds like it would go first with a live fire hot as balls oven, then do the bagels and pretzels, then as the oven cools, overnight braise.

It's pretty much a roti, but with a touch of fat in the dough itself.

http://www.sharmispassions.com/2015/06/tandoori-roti-recipe-how-to-make.html

She explains it pretty well. Roti needs very hot heat which is why most housewives do it direct on the flame.

EDIT: Whole wheat flour will work, but not as well as atta flour. The American wholemeal flours seem to be more coarsely ground than the chapatti atta. Avoid Golden Temple brand atta flour, as that poo poo's brown coloured AP flour. If you can find it, Ashirvaad atta does some excellent 100% Whole Wheat. I've heard good things about the multi grain, but never used it. I have managed to get good results with whole wheat pastry flour with a spot of vital wheat gluten, if you can't get to a snooty Indian store.

dino. fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 15, 2015

• Locked thread