Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i wish gtav kept the gore system mp3 had, the entry/exit wounds looked real good, especially when you executed a dude with a sawn off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

thats a picture of bbg after he tracked down the guy who mugged him on the subway

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

large open world final fantasy

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the only cool things about max payne 3 were the gore and the fact that pistols fired as fast as you could pull the trigger, that was cool.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

im playing it and its p good

Katana_Warrior posted:

what the

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Max Payne 1 is really good and has aged pretty well. Max Payne 2 is kind of a mess in places but isn't bad or anything. Max Payne 3 is bad.
the early games have aged decently, but 1 is easily the worst of the bunch. it has the worst of the nightmare-based missions and the last level had some serious bullshit as far as enemies being able to kill you instantly. 2 had better pacing and was a little more forgiving with the painkillers. don't get the hate for 3, it was pretty good, although the plot was fairly mediocre but it looked great, the soundtrack was great, and the multi was awesome.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Max payne. No fancy title. Just a normal mans name. And it was a hit. Gameplay is king.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Max payne. No fancy title. Just a normal mans name. And it was a hit. Gameplay is king.

What was his name?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Pewdiepie posted:

What was his name?

Remember when you were a kid and you'd hold your breath as you ran past the graveyard? Leave that man alone.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Max Payne 3 was good and if you don't like it you probably suck at shooters

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the games thread was full of people whining about how enemies were bullet sponges because they were evidently incapable of aiming at heads

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Max Payne 3 was good and if you don't like it you probably suck at shooters

haha yeah. and if you think the fat thread is stupid you must be freaking obese as hell!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

haha yeah. and if you think the fat thread is stupid you must be freaking obese as hell!!

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Rock Band 4 will be rock band I can play on my ps4 and that's good.

I'm really thinking of buying a PS4 for Rock Band, Until Dawn, and Madden...

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

max payne 3 is good on pc but i dunno how youd play it with a controller considering how much it relies on headshots and shootdiving and getting like five of them

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
it wasnt too bad on a 360 controller, flicking your sights up became second nature

i remember a lot of goons got upset because they tried to play it like a cover shooter and got owned

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Robot Randy posted:

it wasnt too bad on a 360 controller,

lol

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Game is good, worth the $18 I paid on G2A. Game is not great though, do not pay $60 for this.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

if you think the really stupid story in max payne 3 isnt good then youre just bad at shooters

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Max Payne 3 is the drat tits.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Robot Randy posted:

it wasnt too bad on a 360 controller, flicking your sights up became second nature

i remember a lot of goons got upset because they tried to play it like a cover shooter and got owned

the geniuses at R* are operating on another level by PwNiNg gamers who play their cover shooter like a cover shooter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe if you stop duel wielding uzis and diving everywhere in slow motion and instead went for ak headshots youd appreciate what makes max payne 3 so good

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Max Payne 3 would be better if it was arcade style and had level select instead of watching gay unstoppable cutscenes of max being an alcoholic and pill head even though he never did any of that stuff in the other games

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Max Payne 3 would be better if it was arcade style and had level select instead of watching gay unstoppable cutscenes of max being an alcoholic and pill head even though he never did any of that stuff in the other games

not to defend the story side of max payne 3 but im pretty sure people bitched at him for drinking too much once or twice in 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

instead of playing Max Payne 3 which sucks rear end and has 4 hours of unskippable cutscenes, just watch Man on Fire instead and be done in half the time

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The level select on the PC version is broken and you can't select the last 2 missions at all. This will never be fixed because the studio that made it got liquidated by Take Two a few months after this came out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unskippable cutscenes are the devil. They're worse than DOTA2.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

instead of playing Max Payne 3 which sucks rear end and has 4 hours of unskippable cutscenes, just watch Man on Fire instead and be done in half the time

They just don't make movies like that anymore

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knew Max Payne 3 sucked when I heard it didn't have any Address Unknown clips or references.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Max Payne 2 had that Address Unknown theme park you go to meet Mona. Next chapter you go through it backwards and it's on fire. That was a cool level.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Max Payne 1 and 2 are basically perfect

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It's really cool in this game when you have to jump out of your car before it explodes in the middle of a car fight and you have to run around diving out of the way of cars trying to run you over while you wait for repairs

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That mark wall erg movie was alright

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Katana_Warrior posted:

theres no way witcher3 map was bigger than gtav

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Action Tortoise posted:

Max Payne 2 had that Address Unknown theme park you go to meet Mona. Next chapter you go through it backwards and it's on fire. That was a cool level.

Everything about Max Payne 2 was great, even the packaging.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Tortoise posted:

I love it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiv11OSmyi8

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I change my opinion, this game has a gamebreaking event scripting bug that will kill your save - unless a patch is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Super Rad posted:

I change my opinion, this game has a gamebreaking event scripting bug that will kill your save - unless a patch is released.

It does? Where?

• Locked thread