Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Maybe it's actually metal gear solid v, not five. And then they'll release mgs5 next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Dohaeris posted:

Maybe it's actually metal gear solid v, not five. And then they'll release mgs5 next year.

Metal Gear Solid Vive

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Gonna listen to Elegia everyday until mgsv is playable on steam

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well if you want to pay double for a copy of MGS and live in NYC people have copies and are selling them on Craigslist.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

I played it for like 4 hours yesterday and when I loaded it up again earlier the title screen said I was 2% complete. I played another 4 hours today, and I haven't even seen Quiet yet, yet alone gotten out of Afghanistan. This game is massive. Its a huge toy set and there is never a dull moment.
Isn't Afghanistan like, half the game? I thought it was split into Afghanistan and Africa so I figured it was 50/50.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Where can I read details about the online components of Phantom Pain?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Fat Miller is so bad he makes the GAME look bad

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Speaking of preloads, the last thread mentioned a way to queue a game in Steam to begin downloading as soon as it's released via the mobile app, as you can't do it on your PC directly for some reason. How do you do that?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of preloads, the last thread mentioned a way to queue a game in Steam to begin downloading as soon as it's released via the mobile app, as you can't do it on your PC directly for some reason. How do you do that?

Go into library (on the android app) and looking for the title and select the icon next to it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

It doesn't appear on the mobile app for me yet, but I tested today (with some bundle fodder game) - if you leave your computer on at home, you can log in via the app on your phone and tell your computer to start downloading. So I'm going to do that when it becomes available.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Where can I read details about the online components of Phantom Pain?

There's very few details when it comes to MGO. One thing is that it's 8v8 on current-gen and 6v6 on 360/PS3. There's also this trailer with commentary detailing some mechanics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNESMVZD-U

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welcome to The Something Awful Forums topic in the Games sub-forum about the video game METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - A Hideo Kojima Production.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Miller should go to jail

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Stairmaster posted:

Miller should go to jail
Unrelated, I'd like Master Miller to shoot somebody and say "It's Miller time you son of a bitch"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Terminally Bored posted:

There's very few details when it comes to MGO. One thing is that it's 8v8 on current-gen and 6v6 on 360/PS3. There's also this trailer with commentary detailing some mechanics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNESMVZD-U

I was looking for details about Phantom Pain's online stuff specifically. Like I guess there's the whole FOB PvP thing but I was hoping there was an in depth preview somewhere. Also I'm wondering if there's anything else you can do online.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

gfanikf posted:

Go into library (on the android app) and looking for the title and select the icon next to it.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It doesn't appear on the mobile app for me yet, but I tested today (with some bundle fodder game) - if you leave your computer on at home, you can log in via the app on your phone and tell your computer to start downloading. So I'm going to do that when it becomes available.

Cool, thanks :)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yep, that's what I did for Shadowrun and it worked perfectly.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was looking for details about Phantom Pain's online stuff specifically. Like I guess there's the whole FOB PvP thing but I was hoping there was an in depth preview somewhere. Also I'm wondering if there's anything else you can do online.

You can have a good time online.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Heavy Metal posted:

Unrelated, I'd like Master Miller to shoot somebody and say "It's Miller time you son of a bitch"

This would be my Ideal Video Game Moment

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Watch this from 14:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGuvRIIx8c

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I am going to platinum this game and then defeat all comers at MGSO.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

When you're poking around, be sure to not confuse Foward Operating Based with 'Metal Gear Online'. They're being handled separately.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

V has come and so have I

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bguy32 posted:

V has come and so have I

You feel it too, don't you

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Its feels so bizarre that MGS V is going to be worth the hype, loved by most reviewers, but at the same time "LOL gently caress KONAMI!"

V has come to, and crippled Konami in the process. :downswords:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can anyone recommend some decent, yet affordable 5.1 wireless headphones (that work with the PS4)?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Thanks man. That looks really loving fun.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Strigiform is a bro. Can't wait to play this,

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 30, 2015

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

WHERE'S THE PRELOAD SONY!?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Sprat Sandwich posted:

The Xbone stole the preload.

Jump in.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sprat Sandwich posted:

I seem to recall seeing it listed for the 30th.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

http://imgur.com/5Yh82kU

gently caress yes!!!! PM me if you're in north jersey

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

Newark?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

West New York. The Newark spot closed down.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Isn't Afghanistan like, half the game? I thought it was split into Afghanistan and Africa so I figured it was 50/50.

Each one is more like 40/40, with the last 20% being other things.

And Afghanistan and Africa both kind of feel dull by the end of it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

West New York. The Newark spot closed down.

Wow didn't even realize they Newark one closed. Well I live in Philadelphia now so it's not to helpful either way. Enjoy though.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Preload will be available on PS4 starting Sunday apparently

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

Nice shirt.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Each one is more like 40/40, with the last 20% being other things.

And Afghanistan and Africa both kind of feel dull by the end of it.

Get back in your trashcan, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nail Rat posted:

Preload will be available on PS4 starting Sunday apparently

How does Sony do their unlocks? Anyway to use VPN or the like or is it just one time only?

• Locked thread