Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
gently caress, I just tranqed puppy DD and I feel immensely guilty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Det_no posted:

Be the first to make a DD kill montage video and claim your place in history.

wtf. mods???

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Xbox won't let me share videos, kind of annoying.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

From my 10 hours of play of PP the initial suppressors are god awful. You get about 8 shots with the tranq and the starting assault rifle's suppressor runs out so fast it degrades before the clip of 30 is finished. I haven't seen any suppressors lying around on missions but you definitely can increase the durability of them because the other levels are greyed out on the loading screen.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

acksplode posted:

GZ's environmental coherence works against it when you run into the unopenable doors and gates. Takes a bit of the shine off. I'm sure it'll work beautifully in TPP, though.

INCREDIBLY MINOR PP MECHANIC SPOILERZ

The same thing is quite prevalent in PP, I'm really disappointed in the mountain climbing too. There's a ton of times there's a perfect large rock cropping to overlook some compound or whatever that you can't climb at all. Also Snake seems to have real issue with any hill with a slight incline and slides down over and over.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Gunder posted:

Quiet never shuts up with the humming. It's constant and maddening. As soon as you give her a command it's non-stop humming until the mission is over. I have no idea why anyone thought this wouldn't be awful.

I've not even got to her yet but I stopped using D-Horse because of the constant HYAH HYAH HYAH. My bond will never increase :smith:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

There's an import GZ save button on the PP main menu but it obviously doesn't work because the servers aren't up yet.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Captn Kurp posted:

What? Where was this confirmed? Just wondering. I believe you, really.

There's definitely a No Kills perfect stealth bonus in PP so I dunno if you count that as no penalty

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Broguts posted:

I hope they let you skip to the end of your life fool!

sAME

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm also really hoping that there's a "dismiss extraction chopper" option in Phantom Pain.

yes there is

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Guys what's your earliest Metal Gear Solid memory?

I got a Japanese bootleg copy of the MGS1 demo at a small games shop and the guy behind the counter had to write down the controls for me.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Quiet gameplay spoilers

I haven't come across her in game yet but I hear soliders talking about her being in the power plant, do I need to go down there to get her or do you come across her naturally in the story?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I still don't understand how the flare grenade works. I throw it in an open space then the chopper arrives then flies off to one of the default landing zones.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

So, in Over the Fence, where is the dog? I've read that you find him in this mission.

For me he was next to the chopper extraction point

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

My second encounter with the skull dudes was pretty anticlimatic.

Instead of using the rocket launcher I just ran to the exit and then they disappeared

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Do guards that you knock out in dumpsters ever get out again?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Kiggles posted:

My guess is "no", since NPCs on your shoulder, or in vehicles, would never wake up in GZ, and I figure that still holds.

I didn't stick around long enough to find out but I did find out you can't CQC another guard if there's already a body in there, I wanted to pile them up :(

Another question: How long do the outposts stay trashed for if you blew up their equipment?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

GOTY

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Is there any point keeping mortars and guns that I fulton or should I just sell them?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Why does Snake throw grenades like an underhand girl

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I want the option to execute any soldiers on MB who causes another soldier to die from in-fighting :how:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Is it possible to withdraw from the FOB invasion poo poo without going offline?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

gently caress, for Mission 13 - Pitch Black, I thought I was being clever by putting a C4 on the pump, the shutoff button and the power and then blowing them all simultaneously when I was outside the facility.. Turns out the C4 doesn't activate the shut off button and I had to sneak back in. Lame.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I didn't realise until today but the herbs you gather sell for quite a decent amount, I had something like 800 Wormwoods and they sell for something like 500 each

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

al-azad posted:

Took me 90 minutes running around doing the target practice and lost it all when I jokingly tossed a guy into the water.

IT WAS A PRANK!!!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Hey how do I get Quiet out of jail and on missions with me? There was a cut scene where she was all about to hop in the chopper and head out but Miller was all :qq: and there was a pregnant pause like I was supposed to hit a button but missed it because someone IRL wouldn't shut the gently caress up. Now she's still just chilling down there and not coming along for the ride.

Also I haven't seen my puppy in forever was I supposed to play with him or some poo poo? No one greets me at the pad anymore (except for the 4 idiots who get a right proper roughin' up) :(

I think you have to complete Mission 14, then there is a side op to visit her.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Does the mountain relay base in Afghanistan not have an anti air radar? I cannot find it

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you can call a chopper into the middle of the base, it probably doesn't have one. If all the pick-up zones are really far away, it might just be in a weird place. I think there are a few outposts that just don't have one, but I think the large areas all do.

Yeah, the nearest pick up zone is down the road, I'd be surprised if this place didn't have one but I cannot see it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Don't know if this was posted here but it was just posted on Facebook:

quote:

[Important Announcement] Regarding save data for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain becoming corrupt under specific circumstances.
Do not use Quiet when playing Mission 29 or 42 as the save data may get corrupted.
We deeply apologize, and appreciate your patience for further announcements regarding this issue: http://bit.ly/1IVYOQW

https://www.facebook.com/mgs/posts/10153029474130986

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

loving hell how big is this patch? Its taking forever on Xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

What was the easter egg about looking in a certain direction at the windows in the AAC again? I've finished the game so if somebody could spoiler it that'd be swell

• Locked thread