Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've been dicking around a bit in GZ and for the life of me I just cannot do a CQC disarm. I tap R2 then immediately hold down L2 and Snake just slams them to the ground or punches them out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat everyone jizzing all over each other and no one thought to mention that after all the cool stuff, they through a completely bullshit unfun skulls section right in the first mission? What the gently caress is this garbage?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lol yeah no poo poo but Kaz has died like four times and D-Horse twice. This is complete garbage and really who the gently caress thought this was fun after the actual real cool and fun stealth gameplay against not retarded zombie enemies?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Of course the horse sprint button would be different than the regular sprint button. OF COURSE. Still a poo poo part of an otherwise awesome introduction to the game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy poo poo just stand still for a while and suddenly the way forward is clear

groundbreaking stuff

Yeah cool gameplay waiting for poo poo enemies to shuffle past for thirty minutes

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Look Sir Droids posted:

Just did the Honey Bee. Took my sweet rear end time. Got a B. Dicked around and got the prisoner killed. Was going fine until someone complained that some resources were missing. Obviously it must be an intruder. Nobody could have moved them to a better place than a random table. Base lost its poo poo, started finding all mah carefully hidden bodies. So I killed the guards that killed the prisoner and booked it.

Goddamn the Skulls are unnerving. I just ran away. Was like, oh cool that's over. Then got an alert anyway on the last guard outpost before my LZ. gently caress.

Are stun grenades any good or are they basically garbage like Peacewalker? I used smoke grenades, but BB had a lunger coughing fit when I ran in to CQC.

This is a cool mission. I was ghosting the whole thing pretty well until I got to the caves, then I got spotted, so I got violent and the whole thing felt really organic. Like, Big Boss was willing to spare his enemies but when it came down to the wire and saving the prisoner he was willing to start dropping bodies. Ended up using the bee on the skull soldiers and hauling rear end out of there on a jeep. Felt really cinematic in a way most games just can't touch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
For a minute I regretted double dipping for the Steam copy but then I rescued Kaz to the tune of a Young Americans before setting POWER as my Helicopter music. I wish Konami wasn't going down like Chasey Lain because I would love the custom soundtrack feature patched into the PS4 version. PS4 has not only Spotify support but a media player that can read MP3 files straight off a USB stick. WTF Konami?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

goferchan posted:

Idk about PS4 but I remember bitching in the Saints Row 3 thread back when it came out about how the first games supported custom soundtracks for radio stations and one of the devs responded to my post and told me that implementing them in the first game (or first 2?) was actually a loving nightmare and took a ton of work to pull off and they only did it because they had previously promised it without knowing how much work it would take. Not sure how much that's changed between the PS3 and PS4 though

Yeah, but on the other hand it's in every other version of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
One problem I've run into is that I am almost out of Afghanistan and I still don't have access to some of the game's cooler stuff. I know you can replay missions or gently caress around in the open world but is this one of those games where by the time you've managed to unlock your most fun toys, there's not much left to do? Mostly annoyed that it seems like fultoning vehicles is still a ways off, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to use Quiet before Africa, even though I got her early and had the cutscene where Ocelot suggests that I take her on missions.

• Locked thread