Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
If I don't see a horse poop I'm gonna rename this game the phantom poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do we know what will carry over from GZ? I've done the main mission and five side missions. I just located all the XOF patches this morning and plan on clearing the two missions they unlock later this evening. Anything else I should plan on doing prior to PP?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I hope the sensitivity of zoomed weapons is fixed in the Phantom Pain. I can't use scoped weapons worth a poo poo because the sensitivity goes through the roof.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Ruddha posted:

he literally looks exactly like grown up young ocelot

from a few pages back, but is Ocelot now Jamie Lannister?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can someone make a gif like that ron paul gif of him waving his hands, but have snake waving his hands with the same neurotic background with ITS HAPPENING for when the game is finally unlocked on steam?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't know if I've ever preordered a game on steam. If I let steam run on my comp all night will this game be ready for me in the morning or will I have to restart steam to make the download happen?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Getting up at five to play for an hour and a half before work was a great idea! Got the intro stuff out of the way (what a beginning!) and am setup at the start of the first mission. This truly is going to be The Longest Tuesday.

Is everyone else unable to connect to the online stuff on PC?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Terminally Bored posted:

Attn PC players - there are (unconfirmed but very likely true) reports that TPP uses Denuvo. If you put the game folder on an SSD you might want to reconsider, just in case.
This would also explain the stupid poo poo like memory leaks in emblem editing.

Is that a brand of DRM? I have it on an SSD DNS haven't had issues in ~2 hours.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Deakul posted:

Port's about on par with GZ, pretty disappointed about that.

No mouse support in menus is a massive nuisance considering the nature of the menus, choppy sensitivity still exists, and there's still too many controls that you can't rebind.

I think the port is better than GZ. The controls feel better to me and the wonky sensitivity while zooming a scope seems to be gone. What controls do you want to rebind? In my brief stint riding around in the first mission I didn't find anything I wanted to rebind that I couldn't. Only weird thing is I think the game forgot my bindings. I set them in the prologue, finished it, took a break to get ready for work, then played ten minutes more. When I got back into the game for my final ten minutes the control bindings I set were back to default settings.

Also I haven't had any weird drop in frames like I occasionally experienced in GZ.

The only thing I haven't checked is what happens to the mouse loading pointer that wouldn't go away in GZ if I used a controller.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

It will only take 50 MB coin days to get a new FOB!

I have no idea what any of this poo poo means. I don't want daily log in poo poo in my metal gear! :|

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Marklar posted:

How are the PC controls? Would it be better to use an Xbox controller vs. Mouse and Keyboard?

I had no problems with M/KB in Ground Zeroes and 2 hours of PP is no different.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

You guys realize this game is out and there's no reason to put what happens literally the first hour under spoiler tags, right?

Not to mention we saw just about the whole prologue in previews anyway.

The only bit of this game I knew was coming was from what I saw in the very first reveal trailer, back when people were confused about what game was being shown off. There's nothing wrong with spoiler tags.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Duo posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having a hard time deciding between picking this up for the PC or my PS4. It sounds like the game is optimized pretty well from what I've been reading. I have an i5 3570k @ 3.4 ghz, a GTX 660 (EVGA superclocked version but I have to underclock it a bit or else it overheats), and 8 gb of ram. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same card and how it's performing on their machine?

I have nearly the same setup. i5 something or another and a 660 TI and I'm running graphics on high and haven't had a single graphical problem yet. Game is gorgeous.

On the other hand... is anyone else losing their key bindings when they close the game? Every time I close and later launch the game all my key bindings are at default.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are there missions like the chopper assault in GZ? Please don't give me a specific mission, a yes or no is all I'm after.

I don't know how I did it but I saw the reveal trailer years ago and immediately forgot about the game until last week. I've never gone into a game more line than this. :D

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there a mod yet to change button prompts to PS4 buttons?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
"All of them," is the only answer I will accept to the question, "what drugs was kojima's team doing when they designed the R&D platform?"

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do missions ever become varied? I'm doing traitors convoy or something like that. It's a mid to late teens mission in Africa and I suddenly have had my fill of this game. Forty hours in and it's still doing the same side ops and missions seems to be 4-5 same missions then a mission with surprise skulls!

Does this change at all or should I throw in the towel and read the plot synopsis now?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that's pretty much OpenWorld.txt. There are almost none of them that are not a few unique areas padded out by lots of meaningless filler.

This has extra filler because it takes for loving ever to get anywhere unless you deploy with the horse. I'm glad fatigue from running isn't a thing in this game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Kin posted:

Yeah, i that's why i'm starting to grow ambivalent towards it. It's like for all the time that was spent making this an open world experience, what's it really added? Once you make it out of a zone things basically reset. With all the stuff that's been cut it just makes me wonder if a non open world version of this with an undisjointed story (due to the audio tapes/minimal cutscenes/Mother Base "bonus scenes") would have been better.

Yes this. It's like a switch flipped inside me and I suddenly don't give a poo poo about this game anymore. The gameplay's fun but there's nothing driving me. I was okay with the weird and mysterious story when I started playing the game but nothing has happened. Just a bunch of uninteresting poo poo. Does the story every pickup?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Traitor's Caravan is awful. This truck is impossible to extract. I accidentally hit it with about 3 stray rifle rounds and it went from looking healthy to catching fire and exploding. This mission is a loving unfun nightmare.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Dominic White posted:

What the hell kind of rifle are you using? Because just one should barely do any damage, and a single hit will cause any truck I can think of in the game to stop and for the drivers to get out to see what the noise was.

Just put a single silenced round in a door or something and it's instant, easy stealth fodder. Or even better - park something in the road in front of the truck and fulton the whole drat thing, crew and all when it has to stop.

I'm using the rank 3 version of the starting rifle. I know it's not enough to damage the truck but this isn't the first time I've hit it with a few stray rounds and it just explodes. It's also plowed through a stopped vehicle I tried blocking the road with, it's driven around stopped vehicles, it's driven around dead guards, it's driven over dead guards. I've stopped loads of vehicles already but this mission just won't loving work for me the way every other vehicle stopping has.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is it against the SA terms to ask how to cheat in oodles of resources for the PC version? I'm tired of being hamstrung by fuel and being cheap with GMP. I just wanna play with guns and gadgets to finish the story before I get tired of the game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I am disappointed that it is not possible to stick C4 to soldiers. I just spent 5 minutes <1 m behind a sniper and could not fix C4 to him. Was I doing something wrong or is it not possible? That was one of my favorite things to do in MGS1. :(

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
If I deploy with a vehicle and leave the zone via chopper when I'm done, does the vehicle Fulton out on its own or should I Fulton it myself when I'm done with it?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I started mission 21 and got an emergency mission to defend my base. I started it, things were going well, but then I died. I was then returned to the beginning of mission 21, will mission 22 return again later? What's the best way to completely ignore FOB stuff?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So I cleared mission 22 and now I'm faced with building a FOB. Is there a way to skip this? I don't feel like dealing with this poo poo on PC.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Mission 29 may be where I stop playing this dumb video game. gently caress this mission.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm researching gear and waiting 18 minutes before I try again. This 18 minute wait is a great feature, thanks Kojima/Konami!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

You could also do some talent scouting/start stealing poo poo while you wait

The last and most expensive ones will take about 2 and a half hours tops.

I could. But I'm playing super Mario maker instead.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
MGS 3 had the ladder climb + Snake Eater.

MGS 5 had the skull face ride + MGS 5 theme (I guess that was the theme?).

I don't remember anything like that in MGS 4? Was there something?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
When do I get stuff to wear on my head? I just started Ch 2 for reference.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This is in regards to the child soldier mission a few pages back that folks are having trouble with. I had no idea what I was getting into on that mission and decided to take the long way into the base from the south, which also happens to be the escape route the kids take. It was a breeze running away :D.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do I have to do subsistence, extreme, and total stealth missions that pop in in Ch 2? I just finished the Cursed Legacy mission, but I don't have any non-subsistence/extreme/total stealth missions nor do I have any important side ops.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't have any yellow tapes or yellow side missions. I'm listening through all the other tapes I just acquired and hopefully something will pop up. I don't care about the hard missions, I'm only in this for the story at this point.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there a trick to unlocking mission 43?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cable posted:

I'm 5 missions away from finishing chapter 2 (I hope, as this game is overstaying its welcome), and I've read that in order to unlock the TRUE ENDING you have to upgrade every base facility to the maximum. Is this true?

I'm in this same boat except with side op 150 and mission 46. I watched sideop 150 on youtube last night and I'm intending on watching mission 46 today. Game way, way over stayed it's welcome. At around hour 40 the game overstayed its welcome but I trudged through 35 more hours thinking I owed something to the series, but I was wrong.

• Locked thread