Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Its feels so bizarre that MGS V is going to be worth the hype, loved by most reviewers, but at the same time "LOL gently caress KONAMI!"

V has come to, and crippled Konami in the process. :downswords:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

KidDynamite posted:

http://imgur.com/5Yh82kU

gently caress yes!!!! PM me if you're in north jersey

Hope your Ps4 gets bricked you yankee piece of poo poo!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Im planning on going into TPP with reflex turned off. I did use reflex in GZ to make doing the trials much less of a pain in the rear end, but it feels like an unlimited bullet time tool.

Im also going to kill every drat soldier in the intro mission. They deserve it for torturing Miller and Im also doing it to unleash my built up hype. Not saying I'm going in Rambo style, but I hope to ghost through and leave no witnesses.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

redreader posted:

Not mentioned before ITT but in the last thread: In deja vu you can extract the (actually not dead!) guy who explodes out of the tank when you chuck the grenade in, and Kaz actually says something different for him so he's probably another guy who counts.

I just tried this, extracted every soldier in Deja Vu, including the tank guy and 2 dead prisoners. You're right, Kaz didnt actually say anything for me, but the "Extracted Soldier" popped up for the tank guy. Every other soldier and prisoner gave me nothing.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Don't forget about that paper slip that comes in physical copies of GZ. Some Konami Core code you have to enter on a website. Im guessing it will give us those stupid face tattoo soldiers.

I used the code, and the website said to log back in when TPP releases.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Im excited to soon play a videogame where I can command a horse to poo poo, and this poo poo gives me tactical options.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Khanstant posted:

can you buy this game at walmart if its midnight?

I bought MGS 4 at midnight when it came out. You should be able to, the hardest thing will be finding an employee to unlock the games case.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Regy Rusty posted:

Yess I finally got the Legendary Gunsmith and now have a silenced tranq sniper rifle.

Isn't it the greatest thing ever?! :allears: I feel nearly unstoppable now with a silenced tranq sniper rifle and 8x scope.

Its going to be crazy once I upgrade from bolt action to semi auto.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

PBnJamo posted:

Offhand, looks like you're missing the Stun Grenade blueprint, just like I am. It's found in mission 14, Lingua Franca. It's the most common culprit for the blueprint glitch thanks to how that mission operates.

The blueprint glitch is when the game flags the blueprint as "acquired," but it isn't delivered to MB yet. When you restart a checkpoint, the blueprint leaves your inventory, but it's still flagged as acquired and doesn't reappear. Mission 14 can have a lot of prisoners dying which means it isn't terribly uncommon to restart for one reason or another, triggering this glitch.

Im in the same boat, got the same missing blueprint. I checked my list and I have the stun grenade blueprint? :confused:

I checked a youtube video and I'm guessing the blueprint I'm missing is from a combat dispatch.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Aurain posted:

The Bull SG blueprint is from one of the S rank dispatches, yeah. As soon as it unlocks, just send dudes at it until you succeed. You'll never get to a point where you can have like 95% chance of victory.

Cool, thanks. I wouldnt expect to reach a 95% chance, at my current dispatch mission with a squad of S rank guys I'm at 60%. Even if I could get higher I'd hate to lose a S+ or S++ guy.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Manatee Cannon posted:

This does not invalid my point, which is that you have to blow up the helicopter to complete the mission. You cannot avoid doing this and thus you cannot completely stealth the mission.

it'd be a completely different thing if there was just a gunship floating around them but not attached to the unit, but it is and you must deal with it

Having completed all side ops, and Mission 45, I've learned to hate gunships. I agree with you. Hell when you're landing off Pequod you can sometimes see a drat gunship hoving in the sky. Made me :argh: anytime I saw them. Its not practical, but for the last Side Ops that involved vehicles or gunships I used air support like crazy.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

NESguerilla posted:

I did the same but at this point I'm convinced it's a matter of luck. I have friends that got stuck on that mission for hours who tried everything and nothing worked.

It just fultoned right out of there for me on the second try though so I dunno.

Don't remember if fultoning vehicles is common at that point, but thats what I did too. I remember fultoning and running away like mad. I was lucky to not get killed when I fultoned, but I lucked out. When I fultoned the truck was at its final point, don't think it was leaving its spot.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I hope MGS Online will be full of stupid fanservice. I want to be able to run around as Paz in underwear spamming "I am an angel of peace!" as I mark enemies like Last of Us multiplayer. Have Johnny be playable and if he gets killed he unleashes a fart cloud that acts like a smoke grenade.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Im surprised the Deterrance and Disarmament trophys on PS4 have a 0.1% rate.

As soon as I got my nuke I dismantled it. Not going to risk losing my free FOB. Trying to get platinum. Really surprised that some of yall have reached 100%. :cheers:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Wait, you can get that trophy by dismantling your own nuke? poo poo, that's really nice to know. But the reason so few people have it is that it costs 75,000 fuel to make a nuke and that's some grade A bullshit when you already need so much. Plus the heroism drop and the fact that you need to be pretty far along in the game to even make one in the first place.

Yup, Got my nuke and dismantled it. Popped both trophies like minutes before I posted.

Definitely takes a lot of fuel to build a nuke, but I made it a point to save up fuel till I had enough. Its less stressful at least knowing you can build and dismantle a nuke for the trophies, not worrying about pulling off a FOB heist to do it.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

If it was 24 hours realtime I would have had my nuke days ago. Doesn't help that while I'm in the ACC my PS4 sounds like it wants to "BANG ZOOM STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Aishan posted:

Mission 14 has the most annoying side objectives in the game. The interrogation one in particular seems totally at the whim of the scripting. I've got right up to the final one only to have the viscount flop through the door like a dead fish and the two interrogators just stare at him, I've had the guard never move the viscount out from that steel shack despite days passing, and just now I had the guard start moving him when it started raining, causing the guard to run straight back to the shack to have a cigarette, leaving the viscount just lying in a random ditch indefinitely.

Not to mention the containers one doesn't seem to register despite me extracting every one I could find in a five mile radius of the mission area.

The best advice I can give is anytime you complete a mission task that's a huge pain in the rear end, just return to ACC. You'll still keep the credit for finishing the task.

I made the bonehead mistake of trying to beat 14 after the interrogations, screwed up, and spent hours afterwards trying to get it again.

I dread doing any task that involves listening to conversation.

• Locked thread