Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Maybe it's actually metal gear solid v, not five. And then they'll release mgs5 next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
So that Peeler guy is really annoyed everyone can't figure out his goddam hieroglyphics. When does this game unlock on PC? In an hour? In 12 hours? Never and this is the actual "Phantom Pain"?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I have a wired 360 controller for my pc, but the right bumper is a bit sticky. Due to some discounts I have available, I can get another wired 360 controller for about 30, or spend an extra ten to get an xbone controller instead. There's a small chance I'll get an xbone in the future, but it's pretty small. Is the controller worth the extra cash for this game? And likely others, but mainly this one.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Tempo 119 posted:

I just got to that mission too and I dealt with it by quitting out to the ACC because they're completely impervious to all the poo poo I brought :toot:

I'm starting to miss how Peace Walker would say "to be continued" and cut off the mission when something unexpected showed up so you could change your gear.

I did mission 16 by being really goddam frustrated and dying 6 or 7 times before sneaking in from the back, activating the skulls, then crouch walking straight to the truck, fultoning, and sneaking towards the big armored vehicles and hugging that fence till I escaped. Before that, I tried fighting them, running, sneaking in different directions, and even made it to the helicopter extraction before being told that would count as leaving the mission area.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
There's a loudspeaker in the corner that blares it, presumably to keep them from being restful.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Tempo 119 posted:

Mission 20 same as mission 16, a surprise boss that's immune to all but one weapon so you have to scramble through menus looking for it while you're burned alive. Sorry to be negative in such a lovely thread but I don't like this at all. What else is there to get him wet besides the water towers?

There are a whole lot of ways.

There's an inside area that has water pipes and tanks I used. I didn't even realize there was a water tower. I just used my rifle to shoot the pipes inside.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm sitting on a fast travel point in a cardboard box, and the little box prompt to press Y is up, but it has a big red slash over it. What am I doing wrong here?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Trico posted:

Holy poo poo. (Mission 23 spoilers)

So I think I took too long fighting Eli ------- and one of the lines he gave was "Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!" in his stupid British kid voice

Made me do a double-take and made me grin like an idiot

This happened to me too and threw a wrench in my theory about what's going on. Also how did he know my name?!

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I got raided with no notification. Damnit FOB servers. When do you/how do you get notified you're being invaded to go defend? I tried to invade a guy and he shot me to death fairly easily. Defense seems like it'd be good for a few runs first before I go invading others, but it's tricky to get to do that.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

cheesetriangles posted:

Does anyone know if the game has a New Game+ like other metal gears and what carries over during it?

And/or can you continue to play once you've beaten it to go back and S rank stuff? I'd assume so, given the structure of the game.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I fultoned some of those little walker mechs but I can't bring them in? Are they in some other weird menu?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Antti posted:

What the hell? I've scoured a lot of bases and I've never found an invoice. Is it just a piece of paper on a table and you need to get lucky and find a prompt?

THere's a little orange pad with a pole next to it that has the invoice.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
After mission 30 Kaz or someone mentions you can build Nukes, or dismantle them. How do you do that? Or is it a story thing that'll occur?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
How do you defend your FOB, or help someone defend theirs?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty sure it's the same guy and you just save the one you already have, because I certainly don't have two

You get one named Hideo and one named Kojima I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
It seems anti air radar is permanently destroyed. Are comms equipment/dishes also permanently destroyed?

• Locked thread