Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Add this to op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xagZxGiog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_OLQbe068

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieWhiskey posted:

While I pre-ordered a CE in March, my honeymoon ended up being booked Sept 2 to Sept 10. So I get a few hours of play Tuesday night/Wednesday morning before getting on a plane for France for a few days in the Alps in the south, then a few days in Paris.

Nerd-deflated for some time, my nerd-hype/emotion rollercoaster accelerated when I found out that there is a Metal Gear Cafe and Metal Gear Store in Paris to hype the launch. I was very excite to visit this romantic restaurant on my honeymoon. Luckily, we are renting an apartment a few minutes walk away from both locations.

Now this morning, I'm learning that they are shutting down operations around Sept 5, but I wont set foot in Paris until Sept 7. :negative:

Honorable Lord Kojima, I know I have wronged you, but must you torture me thus

e/n/tl;dr: I can only play this game for a few hours at launch, and I will also narrowly miss visiting the MGS5 cafe in Paris

Just have your outro music for the wedding be Metal Gear Saga. Did that for mine and hell its even the menu music on the DVD.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey if your going to do something goonish make sure you can love and/or laugh at it years later.

So anyone actually find any instances of people being able to buy it in stores in the US vs early shipping? I remember looking like a nut all over NY/NJ when 4 came out. I went all digital this time (well it wasn't even an option back then), but I kind of enjoyed the hunt itself and wondering how it's going now for people. I totally wouldn't buy and then flip a PS4 copy in Philadelphia to play it two days early...really I wouldn't.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well if you want to pay double for a copy of MGS and live in NYC people have copies and are selling them on Craigslist.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of preloads, the last thread mentioned a way to queue a game in Steam to begin downloading as soon as it's released via the mobile app, as you can't do it on your PC directly for some reason. How do you do that?

Go into library (on the android app) and looking for the title and select the icon next to it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It doesn't appear on the mobile app for me yet, but I tested today (with some bundle fodder game) - if you leave your computer on at home, you can log in via the app on your phone and tell your computer to start downloading. So I'm going to do that when it becomes available.

Yep, that's what I did for Shadowrun and it worked perfectly.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can anyone recommend some decent, yet affordable 5.1 wireless headphones (that work with the PS4)?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sprat Sandwich posted:

WHERE'S THE PRELOAD SONY!?

I seem to recall seeing it listed for the 30th.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

http://imgur.com/5Yh82kU

gently caress yes!!!! PM me if you're in north jersey

Newark?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

West New York. The Newark spot closed down.

Wow didn't even realize they Newark one closed. Well I live in Philadelphia now so it's not to helpful either way. Enjoy though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nail Rat posted:

Preload will be available on PS4 starting Sunday apparently

How does Sony do their unlocks? Anyway to use VPN or the like or is it just one time only?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, I put like 20 hours into GZ around the time it got released, but I went back and played some of it a week or 2 ago and I still wasn't bored of it. There's so much to do and to discover.

Best part is from the streams I've seen, the whole game world is even more detailed than Camp Omega.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philip J Fry posted:

But only 4.567 GB? Is this going to be like one of those 20+ GB background downloads?

That's what mine is doing currently. Perhaps it's segmented for some reason? :iiam:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Odd it just is listed as installed now. Still man seeing 7mbs is still kinda neat.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philip J Fry posted:

Yep. Finished the 4 GB, now it's downloading the rest. 26.9 GB total.

Oh weird, where do you see that? I'm just getting the countdown clock?

Edit derp I see it now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokinokaro posted:

Unless you work Tuesday...

Vacation. :)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For people looking for extraction music I feel it would be remiss not to remind people of Reign in Blood, Brad Fiedels score to the original Terminator, and the new self titled release by Gunship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZz1Se0Yryw

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 30, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean Gunship is so 80s. John Carpenter did the intro for Tech Noir.,
Tech Noir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONKi2S6YBSU
Pink Mist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9QqIFQpUp4
Fly for you life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unGoHAX_gmk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fatherboxx posted:

I like fake 80s music as much as any goon but only era-appropriate tracks get to be on my heli
Fine then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPGKlb8hklQ
Okay it's a year off but it's appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1JYDmo19to

Comedy Options...God Bless Italy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAULSdNtnZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uHxhbdhIw

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a cop posted:

Why not go digital and preload?

Overpriced back scratcher?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suddenlyissoon posted:

Still paralyzed by the decision of PC vs PS4. Better graphics versus the ability to play it with better sound & a bigger tv!

Buy both you poor.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LawfulWaffle posted:

Thanks for turning me on to Gunship, goon.

Best thing in this thread, alongside the MGS memories.

You're welcome, they loving own so hard.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It seems to have now borked my GZ installation.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snak posted:

Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were two Italian-Americans living in Massachusetts. In 1921, they were convicted of murder and armed robbery. This conviction probably had more to due with the fact that they were both outspoken, anti-government anarchists, on top of being foreign.

No, it wasn't.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

this time 24 hours I am going to be installing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain still because the PSN servers are going to poo poo themselves most likely

Why haven't you already?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Which is $US51.06

So $NZ 0.013/MBC or $US 0.085/MBC.

Or about a cent per MBC, depending on conversion rates and Konami greed

What the hell is the price list for items when the smallest amount is like $15?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

Looking forward to burning up my ps4 by leaving it running all day to research stuff while I'm at work.

Hey research logistics planning buddy.

Just remember to disable rest mode.

Personally I don't mind unlock options since for some games like BF4 I just did not have time to play a lot where I could unlock all the stuff I wanted. It wasn't out of not being fun, just not having free time at least for the PS4. Hacks should take care of the PC version.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If TPP is anything like the other games I am going to spend a ton of time unlocking everything then only use the starter tranq pistol and Mosin Nagant anesthetic while the rest rots in a warehouse.

gently caress Konami

So what Frankengun replaces the Mosin?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any idea when the companion app will be up for download?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

If you have the disposable income, just buy the midnight release version. And then return the version you put money on.

This is the correct answer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calihan posted:

On the PS4 in Australia, the digital copies unlocked right on midnight which is nice.

After getting past the prologue though, I was greeted with a "Installing game data" black screen and a timer that won't go down no matter what I do.

Of course there is no way to screw around with the ps4 clock to trick it into unlocking early right?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

* You can carry over save data from either the PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®3 versions of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES to the PlayStation®4 version of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

I forget does the PS3 still allow people to add custom saves on it via USB or is that no longer allowed once a game had trophies (like mgs4 eventually did)?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calihan posted:

The game is released in Australia since it is the 1st of September here so you can legitimately play it. Like I said, the problem comes in after you play through the prologue and then claims it needs to install something only to not do a drat thing.

Oh I understand I just meant for people not in Australia.

You know VPN tricks and the like.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harlock posted:

You can still do it if you hack the saves basically. There's a program I think it's called PS3 saves breaker or something where you remove the UserID of a saved game and replace with your own. I used it to change an EU save of a game to a NA save. It doesn't require your PS3 to be modded if done correctly.

Oh sweet. Thanks that will certainly come in handy for me.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Faffel posted:

Was reading on reddit those might be NZD prices because reasons.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=21519

So no word yet on the Canadian Tire exchange rate?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snak posted:

If I got a physical copy for the PS4, how much HD space will I need for install?

26 gb and 11 mb to save.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So can people recommend what beers will go best with playing TPP?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 31, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Romes128 posted:

Too bad they didn't bring back the food mechanic from MGS3. Wanted to eat DD and DHorse.

Fat Miller account spotted.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's not forget the scores to Conan The Barbarian and Commando. Have Anvil of Crom blasting out the helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brilliant

• Locked thread