Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've having a lot of trouble finishing up the trial "Fastest Marking" on AA, Assassinate and Intel recovery in GZ. Any suggestions on how to do these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Agreed.

Should have just been

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > THE PHANTOM PAIN

Would have been better.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - Let the horse poop come back to life.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Vanderdeath posted:

So, does this game come out 8 AM on the 31st here in the Glorious United States of America? Because I'm very hype to play METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

That is the most likely outcome, yes. It is the one we all hope for!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Only got the AA-gun mission for fastest marking left. Managed to get to 39/40 and I couldn't for the life of me find the last dude. I ran around shooting into the air, chucking grenades, everything.

I wonder if he fell through the map or something?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

That unlock time is a bit annoying compared to the previous one he repeatedly said was accurate and got annoyed at having to tell people. Oh well, time to get up at 5AM.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

hagie posted:

So I shamefully attempted to use the 100%GZ shown in the last thread, and for the life of me can't get it to work.

Like the other goon I was trying to fix a save error and not have to play all over again. Guess I'll miss out on a few people at the base then.

I'm working on a 100% save. I'm planning to upload it once I'm done, so you can give that a try. See if it's the save rather than anything else?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

Just wanted to quickly pop in and boast that I've had this game for four days now and I am enjoying it.

Sometimes, I don't even play it. I now have to luxury of choosing not to play it now, because I own it, and you probably don't.

You will be ashamed of your words & deeds.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

lfield posted:

Restart Steam, folks.

You had me hopin'. :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mangoose posted:

Same here :(

We should brainstorm up ideas for passing the time. Besides posting in this thread.

Play Mad Max because it looks fun, and unlocks on Steam at Midnight 31st. That's my plan, anyway. Alternatively; watch a couple of really good and dumb movies. Like all the Marvel films.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

Watched Fury Road today, What A Movie. Kojima said in an interview that Snake is rarely speaking in 5 because he wanted a protagonist like Max Rockatansky.

That rules. Fury Road is one of my all time favourite movies - it was utterly superb. Glad to see Kojima is taking neat stuff from good movies.

I've always been curious if he's been influenced by the 'Vengeance Trilogy' by Park Chan-Wook. It'd make sense for the thematic element of Phantom Pain being 'Revenge'

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 30, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mangoose posted:

That's a really good idea. That means I only have to watch good and dumb movies for 1 day and 3 hours before Mad Max unlocks!

And with current movie lengths, that's only like, 15!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I just finished my 100% Ground Zeroes run. Here is a link to the save file if anyone wants it; https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5gcijq1uiu69ng/GroundZeroes.rar?dl=0

I ran every single mission and made sure to extract everyone possible before I uploaded it, so I can guarantee that this save'll have everybody.
Just put it in: Steam\userdata\<AccountID>\311340\remote and it should work.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Restart steam!

Fool me twice..

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

*Gaben releases Mad Max

I'd be okay with this.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Anyone on PC been able to upload their GZ save? And any idea how long maintenance on the servers will be?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Panzeh posted:

I grabbed my GZ save last night. Hideo is crazy good.

Darn. Hoping I can upload once I've started a game.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just managed to log into the TPP PC server. Time to upload my GZ save.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Got a few questions about Mother Base management

Is there any way to get Kaz to stop automatically sorting people? I want to do it myself. Second of all, is there a guide/info screen on what all the icons mean?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

TheOrange posted:

Where on Mother Base am I supposed to go to see Quiet after she's been put in the brig? Nothing on the map seems to indicate it but I have audio messages telling me to go do it. Also, kind of felt strange that I didn't need to tranq her to capture her successfully? I'm kind of wondering if you can even kill her given the cutscene that happens afterwards.

When you pick a option for playing music you should be able to press square to set it as your helicopter music.

Medical platform.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Snak posted:

Holy poo poo. (I think all my posts since I got this start with "holy poo poo"...)

Mission 16. I was stuck on it for hours. I have a bone to pick with the checkpoint system. Being loving random. However, the scoring system rules, because after restarting from checkpoint like 40 times, I finally beat it and got an S.

Anyone who's done mission 16 (Caravan something or other) How the gently caress did you deal with the Skulls? They are so frustrating, it was such a relief when I finally shotgunned the last on in the face while my whole screen was brown and Snake was almost dead.

Also, when you yank guys out of guard towers, there's a hilariously good chance they will land on D-Dog and knock him out.

I had a lot of trouble on that mission until I used a ton of Sleeping Gas Airstrike. Constantly. Non-stop. It worked

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Bamf posted:

Couple questions about Mother Base staff -

Why do some guys have blinking dots next to their names, like I haven't placed them or looked at them yet?
What does the option for Direct Contact mean?

Blinking dot is "Hey, this is a new dude". Direct Contract is a marker to not auto-sort them or move them from their current position. Basically a 'Lock them in place' button.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Does anyone know what the deal is with "Boaster" and how to deal with it? I can't quite work it out.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Augus posted:

I think the ACC implies that you do connecting flights, it's a different helicopter from Pequod

Pretty sure they would bounce from mother base to the whaling ship to Afghanistan. That's my guess, anyway.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

a dude i was retaliating against appeared despite not having set off an alert??

then my internet cable was knocked out by my ferret

the worst of all worlds

Deceitful Ferret is a double agent.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aishan posted:

Are there any similar tricks to getting the puppets? Once they started wearing helmets and riot gear I just resorted to choking them out for extraction.

If you do a full melee combo on them they get stunned and the riot helmet falls off. Sleep grenades are the best route though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Snak posted:

There really should be a conversion for the WU pistol that replaces tranquilzier with Metallic Archaea and makes it useless against people but oneshots all vehicles.

edit: With speed of effect dependent on where you hit them. Literally functioning like a tranq gun for vehicles.

Make more sense as a modification of the water pistol but man, that'd be really cool.

• Locked thread