Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT89Rz63doM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do we have a full list of all the distilled 80s songs we can collect?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PublicOpinion posted:

I heard that it only works a limited number of times, and if you continue to mess up even beyond chicken hat levels you get an egg hat.

Holy poo poo I need this.

Does it show up in cutscenes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Solid Snake killing himself on The Boss's tombstone and then nothing after that would have been the best ending.

Why was Grey Fox buried next to The Boss, again?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The fates of the Snake family and the Sasaki family are forever linked.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Babe Magnet posted:

post helicopter music (PS4 version need not apply)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ0ntpSx2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w8-lXBtJlk

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hakkesshu posted:

Russia hires Big Boss to drive the CIA out of Costa Rica, they establish Mother Base, BB recruits Paz, Chico, Amanda, etc. Dr. Strangelove, Otacon's mom, makes an AI-version of The Boss that goes nuts and BB has to kill The Boss again, but then hates her because she'd rather kill herself than be loyal to her country or some poo poo, who cares it's dumb as gently caress. They build their own Metal Gear, Paz was a spy for Zero and takes it over, they have a big dumb big anime JPOP fight and Paz "dies". Huey then schedules that nuclear inspection because this whole business put MSF on the map. Kaz is revealed to be working for Zero in the final audiolog.

Also there's a guy named Hot Coldman who is ultimately responsible for the events of the entire series.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ten minutes.

T

e

n

m

i

n

u

t

e

s

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Finish Your Mission, Prove Your Loyalty!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny...The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is good, isn't it?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Back to Zero

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It has been an Honor to serve with you all.

May we meet again in OUTER HAVEN.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Work faster New York servers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's cool that Ocelot just casually drops Zero's real name in an early tape, also funny that Para-Medic has no first name.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I tried to kick awake a dude I tranqed, but DD was too close and...and...

*loudly sobs and reaches for pistol*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh my god the cutscene on the Med strut.

Oh my god why am I crying.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When do you get the dude that lets you develop fultons that can be used on vehicles?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Broken Cog posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, but I got a message that there's an animal deck being built on Mother Base, but I can't for the life of me seem to find it.

Ditto, where is my petting zoo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Day Man posted:

Can someone please fill me in on where I go to trigger Quiet? I overheard soldiers talking about her being near the power plant. I just captured the power plant and haven't found her. Where exactly do I go to trigger her interaction? Thanks!

On the way to the power plant there's some ruins, you'll see an archway on the road.

If it suddenly collapses as you pass it, you've found her.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I honestly thought they contracted David Bowie to remake The Man Who Sold the World for the cover, the singer sounds so close.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The tape you get out of the second Paz cutscene...PAZ IS SO loving ADORABLE HOLY poo poo

post yer emblems

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ciaphas posted:

I noticed that extraction via chopper costs me 6000 GMP. Is there some alternative way to get out of a completed mission?

Walk/drive/D-Horse out of the mission border.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RatHat posted:

Got a couple questions after playing for a few hours

- Can Miller and Ocelot eventually be assigned to a unit?
Eventually, yes. Miller unlocks with the Base Development unit, and Ocelot unlocks with the Intel unit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You can beat her in about a minute if you think creatively and do something no other game would ever let you do

Meanwhile back at Mother Base...

Miller turns to Ocelot.

"That didn't work. There is no loving way that worked. What do we make these boxes out of?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

turnways posted:

I didn't realize this at the time but according to the guide for Mission 1 after the first playthrough you can just change your helicopter extraction point, bypassing the Skulls entirely. That's how you're supposed to complete the mission without them seeing you

Actually you can just wait for the Skulls on near the bridge to start crossing it, and then beeline through the narrow trench to the right. They'll freeze but they won't see you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alain Post posted:

I didn't actually do much of GZ past the main mission, so could someone explain (re: Kaz) what he means when he says he was "a parasite living off Cypher' or whatever he said?

Kaz was using Cipher/Zero to basically help Kickstart MSF.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My experience with helicopter music:

"This is Pequod, arriving shortly -"

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER NAMED ICE CUBE
FROM THE GANG CALLED NIGGAS WITH ATTITUDE

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PantsBandit posted:

I get what you mean but I think it'd be cool if there were a couple missions where you were working FOR the russians. It's obviously nitpicky and from a gameplay perspective it makes sense for them to say "ok, these are the bad guys" and james bond has already shown us that russians make really good bad guys. Still, it'd be nice if they acknowledged their mercenary nature a bit more.

The point of the game is Big Boss's and Kaz's morals and ideals are decaying in their quest for revengeance.

Besides, Big Boss was already basically working for the KGB in Peace Walker (before everything got weird).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I have a "beggar's can't be choosers" mentality with soldiers - for every three B-rank Base Dev. or R&D guys, there's always that one C-rank Medic dude that I take because dudes who are skilled in any way at Medic are rare as hell.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is there any use for the Pashto interpreter I picked up on a Side OP? All the dudes I'm interrogating are Russians. Do you run into some random Mujaheddin camp eventually?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also, (GZ carry-over spoilers) Did anyone else get the Golden Arm? Is that for 100%ing it or something? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

I got it for like 54%, I think it's just for having a GZ save.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gently caress everything about rescuing the kids from the mine.

gently caress this game's checkpoint system, oh the helicopter decides to have paper-armor and blows up twice before you even get there? Tough poo poo start all over again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Isn't it a standard case of tranq everyone from a distance, scurry to the LZ?

Then when you get to the landing zone a bunch of assholes spawn right over the hill and start unloading on you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ahahahahahahahaha, holy poo poo you can rescue Kojima from the same place they kept Kaz in a Side OP.

Broken Cog posted:

Jesus, this Eli kid got some issues.

You have no idea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The tapes you get out of the med bay cutscenes are literally rotting my teeth with how adorable they are.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like to imagine that Quiet's unlockable outfits were developed by Ocelot and Huey just spray painting her.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like Skull missions because Miller always sounds shocked when I murk them with my RPG (also Quiet providing lovetaps and moral support.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One dude on Mother Base totally quotes Ocelot's (in retrospect completely nonsensical) line about "no magic, only cutting edge technology".

• Locked thread