Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Just for clarification:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Guys I want to get all the XOF patches and rescue a bunch of prisoners on the PC version before Tuesday. Is it possible to keep killing guards until the place is empty and I can just gently caress about? Or do they infinitely spawn?

They'll eventually say something like "we don't have any more manpower to spare, you're on your own" when they're calling CP for backup. I think in total each base only has like 50-60 guys, so once you chew through that just take out the cameras and you can wander around without fear of alerts.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Where is the Solid Snake suit found from GZ? I completed the Deja Vu quiz on both normal and hard, and recreated all the scenes, so it should show up.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Edit: To roll, hold LT and press in the left stick while tilting it left or right.

What button cancels Phantom Cigar? I think I've tried mashing everything on the controller and I can't get it to not run down all the way.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

goferchan posted:

Same way you unequip nightvision goggles or a cardboard box or whatever, left on the D-pad if you're playing on PS4 with default controls

Oh, well that makes sense.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't realize this at the time but according to the guide for Mission 1 after the first playthrough you can just change your helicopter extraction point, bypassing the Skulls entirely. That's how you're supposed to complete the mission without them seeing you

This guide is amazingly well laid out and I'm learning all sorts of tactics I never would have thought of to nab objectives I missed. I'm short a ton of GMP after getting the Solid Snake costume so I need some funds.

Speaking of which:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Actually you can just wait for the Skulls on near the bridge to start crossing it, and then beeline through the narrow trench to the right. They'll freeze but they won't see you.

Yes but that was proving tricky/takes a bit to position right, the thing I mentioned is literally navigating the menu and was per the guide the intended way to do it.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

GeauxSteve posted:

I just got a message saying Mother Base was in the red. Why is that/how do I fix it?

You broke, son. Go earn some GMP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

How do you get the shawl for Big Boss's outfits? Every camo pattern I pick doesn't have it, and there's no other clothing options.

• Locked thread