Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

CuteJen96 posted:

They do. it varies state by state but there's usually a bar that says COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE and then what class of vehic you're cleared to drive. My old man had a CDL class A with haz and tanker and rode a motorcycle so it looks like Class: A,H,X,M

Well looks like I have a new hobby, collecting more drivers license endorsements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

SquadronROE posted:

Well looks like I have a new hobby, collecting more drivers license endorsements.

dont forget to get a DOT medical card. you receive it after you take a DOT physical

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

goddamn im high

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

okay that was a fun q/a sesh. i hope evewryone has a great day. please pm me for the address to mail pain killers ot

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CuteJen96 posted:

okay that was a fun q/a sesh. i hope evewryone has a great day. please pm me for the address to mail pain killers ot

ok thanks for everything jen!

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

ok thanks for everything jen!

no problem please fax me at your earliest convennce

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Hi Jen, are you licensed to transport controlled substances, specifically ephedrine or pseudo-ephedrine?

Followup Question: Do you have a shipment of said substances passing through or nearby Dallas in the next 14 days? It would be preferable if the driver were particularly scrawny. Thanks.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CuteJen96 posted:

Right now the biggest issue we're facing is a driver shortage. Who in their right mind would want to drive a truck?

I'll take a crack at this one.... a millennial complaining about how there aren't any jobs? Oh wait, you said would WANT to work. nm

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
5'd mods please goldmine tia.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

I specialize in Line Haui and OTR Haz-mat transport.

what's your MC.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

what's your MC.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

doesn't look like we're set up. gimme an email and i'll send you over a truck pack.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

doesn't look like we're set up. gimme an email and i'll send you over a truck pack.

how many pages is it

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
11 but i like to append at least 20 pages of hello.jpg.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

*sucks air through teeth*

Welllll i don't have a email. I tell u whut. why dont you gone ahead 'an send it to mah wife beverly she's the one that does all that horseshit. So gone ahead and gimmie that address where this is pickin' up. Also we don't have uh MC. Justah DOT to run in Alabama is that gone be a problem or whut.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

GORDON posted:

I'll take a crack at this one.... a millennial complaining about how there aren't any jobs? Oh wait, you said would WANT to work. nm

I can't imagine why a generation of kids brought up in single-track schools with no vo-tech where they're all told they can and need to go to college and get office jobs to make not poverty money and not be a complete loser or failure might frown on taking a job with no upward mobility, commonly associated with fat, smelly, social outcast types cruising for whores and gay hook-ups at truck stops.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Wellllllli tell you whut there big man. this here's a new trailer and i don't wanna put nothin' in there that's gone mark it up okay?

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Cool. We're in the same business, assuming this isn't a troll thread. I work for Landstar.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Cool. We're in the same business, assuming this isn't a troll thread. I work for Landstar.

i think our flatbed dudes use landstar quite a bit.

Edit: just looked at the board. see a couple loads we got going on with landstar ranger dunno id that's you.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

*sucks air through teeth*

Welllll i don't have a email. I tell u whut. why dont you gone ahead 'an send it to mah wife beverly she's the one that does all that horseshit. So gone ahead and gimmie that address where this is pickin' up. Also we don't have uh MC. Justah DOT to run in Alabama is that gone be a problem or whut.

this is triggering me.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
a lot of shipping and logistics goons.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Send me that load and im never gonna send you back the rate contract signed or nothin'. As amatter o' fact this'll be the last time yah ever hear about me. You thought it was hard findin' that goat fucker osama well brother let me tell you whut. It's gone be a goddamn nancy drew mystery to see if your load ever even picked up. Yeeeeeap i'd say it's about 50-50 on if you're gonna have a embarassin' conversation with your customer or not there big man.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Denim Dude posted:

this is triggering me.

ok but put the barrel to your head next time

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

You're payin' how much outta Birmingham back to Louisville? $700? UR KILLIN THE WHOLE GAHDAMN INDUSTRY. DAMNIT BOY THIS AIN'T 1979 HERE YOO THINK YOURE GONNA MOVE IT FOR THAT MUCH WELL I TELL YOU WHUT BIG MAN I'D LIKE TAH SEE YOU FUCKIN' TRY.

*10 minutes later*

"YOU STILL GOT THAT BIRMINGHAM LOAD?"

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i dont even you if you atually have to interact directly with truck drivers

I limit all my interactions to "yup" and "nup" and "sure is hot today"

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Applewhite posted:

a lot of shipping and logistics goons.

You should do one of these for whatever the hell it is you do!

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

CuteJen96 posted:

CMA CGM is hot garbage. Stick with Maersk

Whats ur opinion on ZIM OP

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i dont even you if you atually have to interact directly with truck drivers

I limit all my interactions to "yup" and "nup" and "sure is hot today"

Many truckers every day.

My favorite are our arab friends.

MY FRIEND PLEASE. WHAT IS THE BEST RATE YOU CAN DO.... IS NO GOOD, WHY DON'T YOU PAY MORE... MY FRIEND PLEASE.... LET US TRY AGAIN... MY FRIEND WHAT IS THE BEST HERE.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

CuteJen96 posted:

Many truckers every day.

MY FRIEND PLEASE. WHAT IS THE BEST RATE YOU CAN DO.... IS NO GOOD, WHY DON'T YOU PAY MORE... MY FRIEND PLEASE.... LET US TRY AGAIN... MY FRIEND WHAT IS THE BEST HERE.

At least they're really friendly? And you now have a lot of friends?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Also Maerak charges $50 for bookigs made over the phone, gently caress that

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

CuteJen96 posted:

You're payin' how much outta Birmingham back to Louisville? $700? UR KILLIN THE WHOLE GAHDAMN INDUSTRY. DAMNIT BOY THIS AIN'T 1979 HERE YOO THINK YOURE GONNA MOVE IT FOR THAT MUCH WELL I TELL YOU WHUT BIG MAN I'D LIKE TAH SEE YOU FUCKIN' TRY.

*10 minutes later*

"YOU STILL GOT THAT BIRMINGHAM LOAD?"

Basiscally this, all day, every day for the stuff we have going to the galvanizer in Nashville.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

Send me that load and im never gonna send you back the rate contract signed or nothin'. As amatter o' fact this'll be the last time yah ever hear about me. You thought it was hard findin' that goat fucker osama well brother let me tell you whut. It's gone be a goddamn nancy drew mystery to see if your load ever even picked up. Yeeeeeap i'd say it's about 50-50 on if you're gonna have a embarassin' conversation with your customer or not there big man.

i only do military and my very first week i had a driver pick up, quit, and then just leave the load at his yard without telling anyone. like millions of dollars of radar equipment. it was real stressful.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Basiscally this, all day, every day for the stuff we have going to the galvanizer in Nashville.

i bet we work with some of the same companies

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

Many truckers every day.

female russian dispatchers always sound hot as hell. sometimes i look them up on facebook and its always very bad.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
gbs is apparently general bullshit shipping

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

i only do military and my very first week i had a driver pick up, quit, and then just leave the load at his yard without telling anyone. like millions of dollars of radar equipment. it was real stressful.

Man, military loads are where it's at if you get in good with the poor Lt. that's in charge of the moves. Highly competitive but when you land a loving whale it's the best feeling in the world when something like a set of screws bumps the dock in san diego or groton

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Had a dude laid up in san diego once because the navy wasn't on time. The boat just didn't get there on time, and the driver is like, "yo can i get some detention?" and I'm like yeah.. Usually it's $100 / day but i think i can squeeze you $150?" and i turned around and was like, "Yo, this guy's been sitting for 20 hours here what can we do" and the guy's like, "I've added $500 for the detention pay." Yeah good news Jimmy! I got you your $150 :911:

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

Man, military loads are where it's at if you get in good with the poor Lt. that's in charge of the moves. Highly competitive but when you land a loving whale it's the best feeling in the world when something like a set of screws bumps the dock in san diego or groton

im in pretty good with sierra army depot, fort bragg and redstone arsenal al. all old dudes who don't feel like going down their list, so i call them and they are just like, yeah whatever you can have it.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

im in pretty good with sierra army depot, fort bragg and redstone arsenal al. all old dudes who don't feel like going down their list, so i call them and they are just like, yeah whatever you can have it.

sweeeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

Had a dude laid up in san diego once because the navy wasn't on time. The boat just didn't get there on time, and the driver is like, "yo can i get some detention?" and I'm like yeah.. Usually it's $100 / day but i think i can squeeze you $150?" and i turned around and was like, "Yo, this guy's been sitting for 20 hours here what can we do" and the guy's like, "I've added $500 for the detention pay." Yeah good news Jimmy! I got you your $150 :911:

we get 300 a day and pay 100. i loving love detention time.

• Locked thread