Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Denim Dude posted:

we get 300 a day and pay 100. i loving love detention time.

just right in the loving pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

CuteJen96 posted:

Had a dude laid up in san diego once because the navy wasn't on time. The boat just didn't get there on time, and the driver is like, "yo can i get some detention?" and I'm like yeah.. Usually it's $100 / day but i think i can squeeze you $150?" and i turned around and was like, "Yo, this guy's been sitting for 20 hours here what can we do" and the guy's like, "I've added $500 for the detention pay." Yeah good news Jimmy! I got you your $150 :911:

Detention is a per diem for hotel or something?

By the way how do you get in good with the Lt. in charge of the shipments? I thought that stuff would all be decided WAAAY higher up and be trusted to only super highly vetted military industrial contractors.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

just right in the loving pocket.

also love when they gently caress up and my driver gets there and the military accidentally put my load on some other truck. i only had 600 bucks to work with but a truck order not used is like 1,200. booyah.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
CuteJen96, have you ever had a scenario where a truck had to bring a load of model trucks somewhere? A truck trucking trucks if you will.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

SquadronROE posted:

By the way how do you get in good with the Lt. in charge of the shipments? I thought that stuff would all be decided WAAAY higher up and be trusted to only super highly vetted military industrial contractors.

Detention pay is when the truck has to sit there because the load isn't ready to go when it was supposed to be, usually it kicks in after a set number of hours.

lol- it's not like moving nukes. "This turret needs to move from this base to this base" or "This wrecked blackhawk needs to go from here to here. need's a 53' SD w/ Tarps

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

also love when they gently caress up and my driver gets there and the military accidentally put my load on some other truck. i only had 600 bucks to work with but a truck order not used is like 1,200. booyah.

goddamn i want to get back into the military poo poo. rn i'm stuck with construction materials.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

CuteJen96 posted:

Detention pay is when the truck has to sit there because the load isn't ready to go when it was supposed to be, usually it kicks in after a set number of hours.

lol- it's not like moving nukes. "This turret needs to move from this base to this base" or "This wrecked blackhawk needs to go from here to here. need's a 53' SD w/ Tarps

Seems like they're missing out on a huge opportunity for graft there.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Windows 98 posted:

CuteJen96, have you ever had a scenario where a truck had to bring a load of model trucks somewhere? A truck trucking trucks if you will.

sorta. a truck hauling other trucks

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CuteJen96 posted:

20/F/Indianpolis

Are you Jen from Shipping Wars?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SquadronROE posted:

You should do one of these for whatever the hell it is you do!

I write smut. AMA.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

SquadronROE posted:

Seems like they're missing out on a huge opportunity for graft there.

the only people who make money on detention pay are your kindly logistics brokers :kiddo:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Hexel posted:

Are you Jen from Shipping Wars?

those loving hotshot scum. "oooo i got me a pickup with a gooseneck" fgo gently caress yourselfd

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I write smut. AMA.

How do you get ides for your smut

Where do you publish

Would you ever not write soemthing because it crosses a line

What would your pen name be if it could be anything

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Do you give your drivers anything extra for deadhead?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Do you give your drivers anything extra for deadhead?

kind of depends on who's hauling it. i might throw in an extra $50 if i've got the room

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

but there's not any money in what im in now

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

so no

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

MY FRIEND PLEASE

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

those loving hotshot scum. "oooo i got me a pickup with a gooseneck" fgo gently caress yourselfd

lol another story from when i first started. was looking at the load board and in the notes section after all the twic card required driver must be a us citizen background check blah blah in all caps was NO HOT SHOTS ALLOWED and i didn't know what a hot shot was and i thought some military T.O. somewhere just loving hated cocky drivers or something.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

CuteJen96 posted:

totally gonna become a hotshot driver in a highly tuned prius

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Calumet Park - Madison; 48' FSD [REQUIRES PERMITS]

it was an oversized can and this dimbulb shows up with a hot shot, no permits- "AH WELL, IT'S ONLY HANGING OVER A LITTLE."

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
we use internet truck stop but i heard good things about DAT. opinions?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

we use internet truck stop but i heard good things about DAT. opinions?

Most of our cold calls come in from DAT actually. I like it just for the sake of volume- but this is dumb poo poo that can just get thrown into a van or flat with no tarp. I like ITS and Get Loaded for the specialty poo poo.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
What do you guys use to research rates? I use rate mate on internet truckstop to get a general idea, but it's kind of iffy.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

If you've got something coming out of the carolinas headed back west with an FCFS unload time and you post that poo poo on DAT, RIP your phones. Same goes for OH. poo poo'll light up like an xmas tree

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

SquadronROE posted:

The military has fleets of trucks and truckers, but they use civilian transport to move anything more than 10-20 miles because it's cheaper and easier than having to do all the paperwork, mileage, per diem, family separation and other pay for the military drivers to take it. By anything, I mean repair parts, vehicles, containers of uniforms, computers, ammunition, fuel, pretty much anything in the military inventory.

The only time you see military vehicles on the roads is when they're driving to a nearby training area, and usually they're reservists driving from a reserve center somewhere in town.

The contracting officers are mid-grade officers and senior sergeants, but the people actually responsible for doing anything on the ground are the junior officers. The senior officers are only responsible for decision making in terms of "x needs to go to location y", it's for the LTs to figure out how to get it there. The LT can't make decisions as to which carriers in a vacuum, but if a carrier is on a list of approved contractors, he can pick from that list.

Technically, he's supposed to go with the lowest bidder who can meet all of the requirements and be there on time, but 9 times out of 10, he will go back to the ones who he thinks did the best job.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Dick Fagballzson posted:

What do you guys use to research rates? I use rate mate on internet truckstop to get a general idea, but it's kind of iffy.

draw a circle with salt and say the ancient incantations to summon the ghost of Jerry Reed

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

CuteJen96 posted:

If you've got something coming out of the carolinas headed back west with an FCFS unload time and you post that poo poo on DAT, RIP your phones. Same goes for OH. poo poo'll light up like an xmas tree

dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold

dispatch thank you for holding.

someone screams from the distance "take that loving load off the board"

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Denim Dude posted:

dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold
dispatch please hold

dispatch thank you for holding.

someone screams from the distance "take that loving load off the board"

jesus we really are in the same business. I'm the one that's shouting in the distance :kiddo:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

exethan posted:

Is it better to be judged by 12 or carried by 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMjHYimNj_M

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

im gay

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My Q-Face posted:

The military has fleets of trucks and truckers, but they use civilian transport to move anything more than 10-20 miles because it's cheaper and easier than having to do all the paperwork, mileage, per diem, family separation and other pay for the military drivers to take it. By anything, I mean repair parts, vehicles, containers of uniforms, computers, ammunition, fuel, pretty much anything in the military inventory.

The only time you see military vehicles on the roads is when they're driving to a nearby training area, and usually they're reservists driving from a reserve center somewhere in town.

The contracting officers are mid-grade officers and senior sergeants, but the people actually responsible for doing anything on the ground are the junior officers. The senior officers are only responsible for decision making in terms of "x needs to go to location y", it's for the LTs to figure out how to get it there. The LT can't make decisions as to which carriers in a vacuum, but if a carrier is on a list of approved contractors, he can pick from that list.

Technically, he's supposed to go with the lowest bidder who can meet all of the requirements and be there on time, but 9 times out of 10, he will go back to the ones who he thinks did the best job.

That explains so much. In 03 or 04 we had a busted-rear end semi covered in stickers with a faded Sysco food trailer on it pull up to our hangar and dump out a CH-53 turbine.Dude stepped out of the truck, fat as gently caress, hasn't shaved in a few days, oily rear end face and hair and a wife beater and salutes the squadron XO when he asked him to sign for it. Then he asked why none of us had guns to guard the helicopters and went of while we unloaded the turbine about how he was proud to be helping his country. Smemper Fie patriotic truck man, you definitely saved us from Cobra or whoever we were fighting at Edwards AFB

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

That explains so much. In 03 or 04 we had a busted-rear end semi covered in stickers with a faded Sysco food trailer on it pull up to our hangar and dump out a CH-53 turbine.Dude stepped out of the truck, fat as gently caress, hasn't shaved in a few days, oily rear end face and hair and a wife beater and salutes the squadron XO when he asked him to sign for it. Then he asked why none of us had guns to guard the helicopters and went of while we unloaded the turbine about how he was proud to be helping his country. Smemper Fie patriotic truck man, you definitely saved us from Cobra or whoever we were fighting at Edwards AFB

hahaha jesus christ

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

loving friday at the end of the month when IFTA is due?

good fuckin luck finding a truck. time for shotsssssssssssss

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

CuteJen96 posted:

hahaha jesus christ

I honestly thought that General Electric was loving with us or on the verge of complete collapse since they're who the engine was coming from. I've spent years wondering how he got a security clearance to discover today that nope, just some dude who got his ear pulled by a rando trucking company to dump off some poo poo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How much is the freight cost for my penis into your butthole

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Booblord Zagats posted:

I honestly thought that General Electric was loving with us or on the verge of complete collapse since they're who the engine was coming from. I've spent years wondering how he got a security clearance to discover today that nope, just some dude who got his ear pulled by a rando trucking company to dump off some poo poo

get this, it's actually easier most of the time to just send in foreigners because lots of bases require an original birth certificate which very very few drivers ever have on them. most foreigners are rolling around with their passports and green cards though which also gets you on base.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

vyst posted:

How much is the freight cost for my penis into your butthole

i've seen your pictures buddy, we'll do your penis plus the rest of your body for free if we can use you as a tarp. heh just messin man congrats on the weight loss.

edit: in my haste to make that joke i ignored the last part of that sentence. now everyone is going to think my butthole is big enough to fit your entire body in to which it is NOT.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 28, 2015

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Who do you prefer more:

Old Dominion or Knight transportation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU