Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I mean, if not - gas and my bad.

Though I would like to talk with yobbers about the topic .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex

If you put ice in a fire usually the fire wins but it depends on the amount

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

If you put ice in a fire usually the fire wins but it depends on the amount

What about a quarter pound of dry ice vs a newspaper fire?

fuck. marry. t-rex

Thunder Moose posted:

What about a quarter pound of dry ice vs a newspaper fire?

They don't even have to fight in this scenario the fire will run out of material before the ice evaporates. Pretty deep.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

They don't even have to fight in this scenario the fire will run out of material before the ice evaporates. Pretty deep.

Good point - so then same fight: but this time its a twine-bound stack of newspapers before being unpackaged. Call it the Washington Post?

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
no it cant

Bwee
Yes but I will troll you if you do

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Game of Thrones spoiler

Do you think Jon is staying dead? I say no because Melisandre conveniently just arrived and priests of R'hllor have been known to revive the dead like Beric Dondarian. I also am intrigued by the new theory that Meerja is in fact Jon's twin.

Big Mackson
Ice and Fire was a lot of words about how they travel to a place and then we read about a different person who must travel somewhere and do something. very interesting.

tao of lmao

he'll be alive and know nothing so par for the course

tao of lmao

GRRM is a garbage writer

Bwee

tao of lmao posted:

GRRM is a garbage writer

yeah he's really bad at writing even ignoring the Problematic Content of his books

Big Mackson

tao of lmao posted:

GRRM is a garbage writer

people who read GRRM books are like poor children in India who trifle through the gargage mountains for something of value.

fuck. marry. t-rex

The first one was fairly decent, now it's in dire need of an editor and probably less magic

Big Mackson

The first one was fairly decent, now it's in dire need of an editor and probably less graphic sex

fuck. marry. t-rex

The whole story should have just been Ned starks arc mostly from his perspective and when he dies it ended.

Ace of Baes
i like game of thrones books

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Ace of Baes posted:

lol

Bwee

Ace of Baes posted:

8<-----------------------------------

Ace of Baes
i like a lot of things, i guess you could call me mcully liker

----------------

Ace of Baes
woman of the temperance movement : you shouldnt like beer
me: (in tim allen voice) UUuuuUUgghhHH?

----------------

tao of lmao

Bwee posted:

yeah he's really bad at writing even ignoring the Problematic Content of his books

It's a bigger problem than any of the problematic things he write about. He's simply not good.

Full-Bodied Flavor

he's a bad writer and the tv show is bad too (and attracts the worst sort of people to it)

Bwee
Like Greg... owned

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Once she was certain which way was south, she counted off her paces. The stream appeared at eight. Dany cupped her hands to drink. The water made her belly cramp, but cramps were easier to bear than thirst.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again

Moon blood, it’s only my moon blood, but she did not remember ever having
such a heavy flow. Could it be the water? If it was the water, she was doomed. She had to drink or die of thirst.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill posted:

Once she was certain which way was south, she counted off her paces. The stream appeared at eight. Dany cupped her hands to drink. The water made her belly cramp, but cramps were easier to bear than thirst.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again

Moon blood, it’s only my moon blood, but she did not remember ever having
such a heavy flow. Could it be the water? If it was the water, she was doomed. She had to drink or die of thirst.

idk why anyone thinks this is good to read :confused:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

joke_explainer

Thunder Moose posted:

Game of Thrones spoiler

Do you think Jon is staying dead? I say no because Melisandre conveniently just arrived and priests of R'hllor have been known to revive the dead like Beric Dondarian. I also am intrigued by the new theory that Meerja is in fact Jon's twin.

no he's the son of lyssa stark and rhaegar targaryen

its genre fiction and certainly is really hosed up, I read the first books when I was tiny and followed the series forever... so i will discuss it with you if you want, but be aware we'll have to deal with people jeering and throwing rotten fruit at us and stuff...

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I mean - I did not like part of the novels (looking at you A Feast for Crows) but I do think he has a real talent at conjuring up fantasy tales. He may not write like Tolkien but honestly comparing those two is really apples to oranges. Both are in the fantasy world but there the similarities end; rather I would say comparing GRRM to Frank Herbert is more realistic. Dune is essentially A Song of Ice and Fire only in space.

joke_explainer

dune is better imo. if he's good at anything it's consistency in like 100+ characters, he must use some kind of organizational system to keep their locations and stuff together...

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

no he's the son of lyssa stark and rhaegar targaryen

its genre fiction and certainly is really hosed up, I read the first books when I was tiny and followed the series forever... so i will discuss it with you if you want, but be aware we'll have to deal with people jeering and throwing rotten fruit at us and stuff...

yeah the story is that hes their son but if you recall Howland Reed was the only other person besides Ned to see Lyssa in the Tower of Joy and the only other person who knows "the truth." then you look at his daughter, Meerja - who looks nothing like her brother but a lot like Jon Snow and is incidentally the same age. So we might be looking at a Luke/Leia Skywalker thing wherein Ned and Howland take Lysaa's twins as their own - dividing the pair to erase any possibility that the dots are connected by those who would not want to see the twins live.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Dune is another series where you should only read the first book

fuck. marry. t-rex

Speaking of tolkien, The Lord of the Rings is another series where you should only read the first book [the hobbit]

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Dune is another series where you should only read the first book

Eh I would go with the first 3 books - it gets very weird after Children I'll give you that.

joke_explainer

Thunder Moose posted:

yeah the story is that hes their son but if you recall Howland Reed was the only other person besides Ned to see Lyssa in the Tower of Joy and the only other person who knows "the truth." then you look at his daughter, Meerja - who looks nothing like her brother but a lot like Jon Snow and is incidentally the same age. So we might be looking at a Luke/Leia Skywalker thing wherein Ned and Howland take Lysaa's twins as their own - dividing the pair to erase any possibility that the dots are connected by those who would not want to see the twins live.

that seems highly possibly right

it's meera not meerja though. they were born in the same year and howland reed had been campaigning during robert's rebellion since 282 after the tourney at harrenhall, it seems unlikely he made it back to greywater watch in order to actually be possibly a parent again. a lot of the reasons ned is unlikely to be jon's father are the same reasons howland is unlikely to be meera's. and they were both born in 283, second year of robert's rebellion.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

that seems highly possibly right

it's meera not meerja though. they were born in the same year and howland reed had been campaigning during robert's rebellion since 282 after the tourney at harrenhall, it seems unlikely he made it back to greywater watch in order to actually be possibly a parent again. a lot of the reasons ned is unlikely to be jon's father are the same reasons howland is unlikely to be meera's. and they were both born in 283, second year of robert's rebellion.

yeah I just caught that spelling error - not sure why I thought it had that letter... thanks haha

the other component to the twins theory is that the High Sparrow is in fact Howland who is determined to figure out wtf happened at King's Landing http://fantheory.net/howland-reed-is-the-high-sparrowhigh-septon-game-of-thrones/ very interesting stuff

joke_explainer

oh, that makes one nagging thing a lot more clear. 'the dragon has three heads'. I knew dany would be one, and jon the other, but the third was still confusing. at first I thought it'd be aegon but it seems really unlikely that he is who they say he is. but if meera and jon are the other two heads, then dany's the third. nice and clean. but yeah I do think jon's going to get brought back to life though probably not with a pulse.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

joke_explainer posted:

oh, that makes one nagging thing a lot more clear. 'the dragon has three heads'. I knew dany would be one, and jon the other, but the third was still confusing. at first I thought it'd be aegon but it seems really unlikely that he is who they say he is. but if meera and jon are the other two heads, then dany's the third. nice and clean. but yeah I do think jon's going to get brought back to life though probably not with a pulse.

yeah I think that Aegon is a false flag. However the other possibility is his "body guard" is in fact a Targ. I like the Meera theory better though - far more neat and "mind blowing"

fuck. marry. t-rex

Didn't they take Griff out of the HBO show?

joke_explainer

just went through my ebooks confirming that description of the high septon. dang. I had a visual idea that he was actually quite tall. other than all that though, he seems too old to be Howland Reed, who should be just in his 30s at most? there's no physical description of howland reed short of him being young and slight in the tourney story jojen tells, but it seems like the completely grey-haired high sparrow would be too old to be reed. i admit the strange correlations in the description are interesting though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Yeah that meera theory is good. didn't she also say at some point that she didn't get the green dreams like jojen?

• Locked thread