Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have done raccoon things today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Action Phase

(click the image to submit your actions)

Summer has ended, your mother has left you. You are on your own for the first time. It is getting colder. You need to store energy for the winter. The world is much bigger than you ever realized

(Map with current coon locals)

Raccoon List

Quoting post for the new page.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
this game makes me feel dumb for being human irl :(

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I am pretty excited about being a raccoon but it looks like Stinky is going to be a lonely raccoon. :(

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Stilton, I am moving out of the tile we're both in so please don't move into the tile that I move into or you will have forced my hand.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Has anyone made a Raccoon City joke if not that's mine I copyrighted it

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I don't quite get what conserve energy is for. Is this a way of increasing your energy over a cap of 10? I'm assuming then we're trying to conserve X energy to survive over the winter, right?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Foolster41 posted:

I don't quite get what conserve energy is for.

You have to do six actions a turn. Conserving energy lets you use up actions while using less energy.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Oh, so it's a sort of "pass" action, but still costs energy. I guess I was assuming you could not spend energy on actions and do nothing.

E: I grab a bike and drive by someone and then morph my face:

Just kidding. I forage like mad across four squares nearby. (Forage, East, Forage, South, Forage, East again ending on H14.)

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 1, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
that would make surviving the winter a little too easy wouldn't it?

also fyi to everyone else on the island, get off my island. I have engaged in total warfare, I will starve all of you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also there's no energy cap btw

Health does cap at 10 though

Jump King fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 1, 2015

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

So there's no reason why I can't just eat all the food now to buff my energy score really high and once it's high enough conserve energy through the winter, as opposed to saving the food and eating it as winter arrives?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

So there's no reason why I can't just eat all the food now to buff my energy score really high and once it's high enough conserve energy through the winter, as opposed to saving the food and eating it as winter arrives?

You're assumed to eat the food immediately and it gets put into your energy stat. Theoretically your raccoon could be saving it for later but the abstraction is such that food=energy. So yes that is a valid strategy, the assumed one actually.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 1, 2015

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

But if foraging costs 1 energy, and you gain back 1 energy from food, aren't I loosing energy by foraging and moving around? I think last turn I spent 6 energy and gained 4 for a net loss of 2!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I didn't say how much food a forage nets you ;)

(hint: some areas are more food rich than others)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Action Phase

(click the image to submit your actions)

Summer has ended, your mother has left you. You are on your own for the first time. It is getting colder. You need to store energy for the winter. The world is much bigger than you ever realized

(Map with current coon locals)

Raccoon List

Once again for those confused: To submit your action you need to click on that autumn image and fill out the form.

>>>Or just click here<<<

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I didn't say how much food a forage nets you ;)

(hint: some areas are more food rich than others)

Ah. I was thinking (hoping) this might be the case.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

Just kidding. I forage like mad across four squares nearby. (Forage, East, Forage, South, Forage, East again ending on H14.)

Oh and, just in case there's confusion about this, here's a compass for this game

code:
  N  
  ^  
W<+>E
  v  
  S  

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mmm pls resolve action

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Dean Coontz gonna gently caress ya'll up if you step to him. :getout:

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Welcome, whoever you are in the northeast corner! Welcome to Death Island!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
gently caress off Lil Rascal this is my swamp.

Justinian can keep that dinky rear end swamp on the Northern side of the river as long as he recognizes my swamp's supremacy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay posted:

mmm pls resolve action

They'll all get resolved at once.

Also you fail to merge with the raccoon not even on the same square as you

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Theantero posted:

Justinian can keep that dinky rear end swamp on the Northern side of the river as long as he recognizes my swamp's supremacy.

North Swamp best Swamp :colbert:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

MY island.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Dear diary,

Mom left me today. She said that I was "an adult now" and that I should solve my own problems from now on.

It initially didn't bother me much. I know where to find food on this island and know the best places to hide from predators. Practically speaking, this land is my kingdom! Unfortunately I met four other raccoons today who all also believe to be the rightful heir to my land. Damnable pretenders. While such foolish attempts at usurping my throne calls for war, I cannot hope to defeat four foes in battle and live. This calls for a cunning plan...

As much as it pains me to leave my kingdom behind, I shall withdraw myself temporarily. Tomorrow I will set off for new and unexplored lands and prepare for winter. Let my enemies fight their bloody war; let them waste their precious resources. Come spring time, I will reclaim what is rightfully mine!

xoxo,

Bandit

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Music Theory posted:

Stilton, I am moving out of the tile we're both in so please don't move into the tile that I move into or you will have forced my hand.

Ha! I've caught you in a deception! Raccoons don't have hands!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Zybourne Clock posted:

Dear diary,

Mom left me today. She said that I was "an adult now" and that I should solve my own problems from now on.

It initially didn't bother me much. I know where to find food on this island and know the best places to hide from predators. Practically speaking, this land is my kingdom! Unfortunately I met four other raccoons today who all also believe to be the rightful heir to my land. Damnable pretenders. While such foolish attempts at usurping my throne calls for war, I cannot hope to defeat four foes in battle and live. This calls for a cunning plan...

As much as it pains me to leave my kingdom behind, I shall withdraw myself temporarily. Tomorrow I will set off for new and unexplored lands and prepare for winter. Let my enemies fight their bloody war; let them waste their precious resources. Come spring time, I will reclaim what is rightfully mine!

xoxo,

Bandit

coward

deraccoonise yourself and face to bloodshed

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Dwarven Raccoon industrialism shall give rise to a new society. The goblins humans have forced us from our homes, waged war upon our people, enslaved some, and tricked others with treats of trash. I foresee a sprawling utopia, forged from our crafts, rivaling that of our oppressors. Throw off your shackles and claim your birthright, strike the earth! Viva la raccoolution!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Death Island
Population 5 4:
Bandit
Bourbon
Corncreature
reccoon
Theman Withaplan

We need a sustainable immigration policy, or else Death Island is headed for oblivion!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
please do not Fool Around with the corn on the island.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dear journal,

The siege of Ecco Island is all going according to plan. The bastard prince has fled the palace to the mainland where he will surely perish come the winter. My forces will continue to pillage and plunder the island until I have total domination over this land and its peoples. The other racoons will learn to bend the knee, or I shall break them. I must not show any mercy: the Wooden Throne is mine by right, and all who oppose me are my foes.

- Reccoon

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pictured: Dangerous swamp-raccoon having tamed an alligator. We should recruit him into our fortress.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Log: My ship's damaged and I'm stuck in some weird, back water swamp planet. Lot of trees around, but none of them want to strike up a conversation.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Theantero posted:

Your threats stink as much as your name.

I, the true heir to the swamp, and my assortment of plain-talking yet marketable critter friends will craft the ultimate utopian society inside this bog and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Let there be much fooling around!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Poque posted:

please do not Fool Around with the corn on the island.
I'm a bottle of bourbon, what the heck else am I supposed to do? Huh?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
aaaaa i have rabies someone cast a cure spell on me

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I have found a new grand vizier. He gives good advice, despite being a small pebble. He has assured me that this island is mine by right, and shall be the place from which my grand empire will soon rule. None will have the strength to challenge my destiny. The heathen washbears who dirty my holy streams shall be purified or banished, and the filthy tower-men will hide in their metal boxes, cowering before my staggering washbear majicks.

A new power is dawning. Its victory is at hand.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i have no idea what's going on, I'm just going to Fool Around six times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

JakeP posted:

aaaaa i have rabies someone cast a cure spell on me
hmm try finding a human, they might use one of their pump action healing staves on you

• Locked thread