Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I will play your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi I'm a dude in this game.

who is the scums?

we are all the scums

also confirming

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

HiipFire posted:

hey why isnt whoever i voted dead

because Mafia is a democracy, not a dictatorship

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The only reason I don't want to lunch imgay is that whoever converts him presumably has the instructions for that in their role PM? Town will obviously make him town and scum will obviously make him scum. If his converter flips town that would clear him as town, and if his converter flips scum, well, easy scum lunch?

My guess is that one side picks his role and the other picks his alignment. This probably isn't a great reason to leave him alive but it's worth considering IMO.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Really we should probably no cuddle today so people can start makign connections because what are we going to get from it?

Quidnose posted:

Yeah I half floated that to see what people would say. Unfortunately I probably did it a little early.

This reads like a serious backpedal IMO. Bets so hedged they're carved into swans.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

You completely leave out the part where I explain how, after posting, I came to that conclusion, and that's lazy and misrepresentative. I don't think there's really any way you look at me saying "yeah I get you, I thought of that, and ended up rolling with it even though I didn't even fully agree with myself because I wanted to see how people responded" as a disingenuous backpedal for something that didn't take traction, especially when I called Kashuno out for doing the same thing and clearly documented how he did it. That'd be pretty silly. It's also pretty silly you leave out that essential part of my post to make your part and I'm so curious as to why that's what you did, since you prove my point of it being effective as a reaction gauge! :allears:

This mostly reads as some puppetmaster poo poo? I left out the "essential" part of your post because it read half self-explanatory and half self-congratulatory. You floated the idea of a no-lunch and then immediately said "oh I was just doing it to get reactions". Well, you got mine.

Trap sprung.

I guess.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

NOW IF PEOPLE WANT TO ACTUALLY SEE WHAT A BACKPEDAL LOOKS LIKE IT'S THESE TWO RAPID FIRE POSTS:

That right there is a "wait I hosed that one up."

##vote Cpig

That right there was pretty clearly a joke.. ?

This feels like CPig loving with us because he thinks some of the current participants are idiots*.

(* not my opinion, I love you all)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also Met can we get the linked list of players up in the OP? That would be swell and rad, thank you.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

Sorry guys I've had a busy week with work but I'm reading the thread now;

Why did this post get ignored?

This is the scummiest poo poo ever - why would anyone know *who* converts imgay?! How will we know if he gets converted?! This is just the ramblings of a madman!

Town converts him, potential watcher/tracker information, someone's flip indicates they convert people - it's like you didn't even try to think about what I said? It was ignored because I come up with idiot thought-experiments in every single game. I don't even know why I verbalize them anymore, Somber is the only one who ever seems to appreciate them.

Anyways, this was a huge stretch. Kinda feels like you want to redirect the flow of conversation? I've got my eye on you. And my vote. ##vote Kleedrac, could be Kleedrac/Quidnose on the scum team. More likely Kleedrac than Quidnose probably. There's no way in hell I'm voting CPig. I'll switch to Quid if necessary.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hypothesis: CPig is actually a jester/lynchbomb as he has extremely heavily hinted, scum have discussed this and come to the same conclusion, and scum votes will be in the middle of CPig's lunch order.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I don't think you know what "anger" is. I also chuckle heartily at the idea of me subtly setting up anything. I know we're all bad at Mafia but I'm really a tier of my own in that regard.

Everyone casts a vote for a reason. I've got mine, you've got yours.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Little Mac posted:

Quid is literally forcing cases on everyone who even mentions his name or doesn't want to vote Cpig. It's lazy and null content.

I don't want to vote Cpig.

How do you feel about Quidnose? Take my hand. Vote with me. ##vote Quidnose

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I'm already voting Quidnose...

But you're not taking my hand.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

next time probably leave the bomb part out IMO

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Is anyone even around? Dark horse E+ vote?

Yeah that's not happening. Try again tomorrow.

Fine ##vote CPig think of me fondly from beyond the grave, jackass

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

What even is this, you're putting Cpig at -3

It's me voting for CPig in the hopes that other people do so we can at least thin the field for cops and doctors, I'm sorry your humor gland is leaking all over the floor and you can't identify jokes

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Four minutes to deadline. Jesterbomb is the shittiest role imaginable.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

I don't know where in a statement that is basically "I WILL BE THE MARTYR" the humor would be, but ok?

I have no clue how you got that from my statement. Do you have a series of twelve people who read posts to you in a ridiculous one-way game of Telephone, insuring misunderstanding?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Taste is pretty good at being affable and likable IMO so nobody blames you.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I don't have any experience with alignment converting games here to offer

They are a huge pain in the rear end.

ljtrigirl posted:

No one answered me about the convertible thing. Given meta on this site, is it more likely that mafia can convert people or that there's a set mafia team and a third party convertible team? Have games been run both ways here?

It could go either way but imgay is explicitly stating that he believes there's one particular dude who does each bit of his role/alignment. I'm just gonna assume that until proven otherwise.

Also Quidnose I am sorry I got so frustrated with you. Consider that I may not be scum for today? Often times I get lovely with people who constantly misread what I say because it's really frustrating to be on the same side as someone (possibly at least). Please accept my apology if I offended you in any way.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think I may want to vote cpig today but I want to mull it over a bit. It seems like a good plan but there are some holes I haven't resolved.

Also, sorry I got a bit aggro yesterday, but I am 101% Team Town and you should look elsewhere for evil men, friendos.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

1. Why LTJgirl thought taste was town
2. Why E+ is not reading the thread and buddying up to LTJgirl

I can theorize on 1: ltjgirl misremembered reading Taste's posts, got a null tell from her (?) memories (possibly combined with a meta) and went with it.

2 I can answer a bit more forcefully: I am reading the thread, and I'm being friendly with a newbie. I am in this to win just as much as you are, but that doesn't mean I can't also have a friendly time of fun and japes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Although an alternative answer to 1 is that she is scum and Taste coached her on potential responses to this kind of thing. Taste is good at advice for newbies.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac, if I am scum, who is scum with me?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

This feels like a solid catch

It could be, but it doesn't feel 100% to me.

Kleedrac posted:

So instead of denying it or explaining anything you've opted to go with the defense that unless I divine your entire team I can't accuse you of being suspicious as hell?! Have you ever played this game before? You're seriously not making any sense.

Or maybe I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion? I appear to be the focus of the day, so we may as well have a discussion about it. You can call me suspicious all you want - I know my own alignment. You're really aggro over this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Endeavoring to sound town would probably make me sound more scummy.

Let me try something else: Kleedrac thinks I'm scum for not denying the fact that I am scum. Claiming town us the nullest thing possible; everyone here is going to claim town or beneficial 3P. So... not much to do there. I can claim I am town (did that earlier) or not give a poo poo. He also seems to think I'm scum for not explaining myself. So, Kleedrac, what can I explain for you?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ljtrigirl posted:

Also, I don't see how town could recruit as well without it being super broken or really even how groups can recruit from each other. Because then you'll know everyone that in that group that you just left.

You're correct, assuming Met doesn't have something fucky planned. I mean, Taste did die - it could be a SK, or a nightvig, or someone tried to recruit him and instead of the action failing it murders the person instead?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Can you explain why I would do that if I knew Taste was scum... after everyone else learned he was scum? Why would I out myself like that? What would my thought process be?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

No, but I have no burden to do that. Onus is kind of on you to explain why you did what you did and why it wasn't scumming rather than passing the buck on to us.

I was being friendly and Taste once explained to me that his scum strategy (past day 1 where he doesn't really give a poo poo) is to be as germane and friendly as possible.

Quidnose posted:

"it's OK taste is a lot of fun in games so nobody will blame you for thinking he was town."

I never said he was fun. I said he was affable and likable. He may well have been those on day 1 because he didn't post, but that doesn't change my personal opinion/meta read of him. I would have said the same thing regardless of if he been lynched today, died another night, etc. assuming ljtrigirl said the same thing.

Your tunnelvision on me is going to look really poorly on you if/when I die.

dude

Also your claims and your recent post feel kind of sketchy after a reread, I am comfortable with ##vote ljtrigirl for now, but if we really want cpig dead we can do that too I guess.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

You then followed this up by distancing yourself from the idea and apologizing for things no one is holding against you. If another player were to do that wouldn't you see it as suspicious?

Okay, follow me:

Unless janitored or otherwise hosed with, role PMs are posted as part of a flip on death.

Alice is a player in this game. Alice's PM reads "Your alignment will be decided by another player in the game."

Bob is another player in this game. Bob's PM reads "On night X, pick an alignment for Alice." Bob's PM can also say something like "On night X, a player will be made town." or "On night X, a player will be changed to match your alignment."

Alice claims her mutable alignment/current 3P status, Bob converts Alice, Bob dies, and Alice's alignment is either known or can be surmised.

Furthermore, if Charlie tracks Bob to Alice on night X and Alice posts that she has become town, Charlie can confirm this fact when Bob dies and flips by saying "yes, Bob visited Alice on night X"

People aren't going to suddenly know this information; that would be stupid. This explanation is a heavily expanded version of:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Town converts him, potential watcher/tracker information, someone's flip indicates they convert people - it's like you didn't even try to think about what I said? It was ignored because I come up with idiot thought-experiments in every single game. I don't even know why I verbalize them anymore, Somber is the only one who ever seems to appreciate them.

which was still pretty simple to parse! Clearly it can be more complex than this but saying "nobody will know when someone is converted" is an awful statement that suggests that, once again, you're not thinking before pointing the finger at me.

Also,

Kleedrac posted:

You then followed this up by distancing yourself from the idea and apologizing for things no one is holding against you. If another player were to do that wouldn't you see it as suspicious?

I have no idea how I distanced myself from my idea and I apologized to Quidnose because I thought I was being a cock and it was rude.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ljtrigirl posted:

What claims?

Also, what makes you feel sketchy, especially since we had like the same reaction to that accusation?

Your claims that you confused MCED and Tremendous Taste when MCED stated day 1 that she was 3p and Taste flipped town, also your statement that you didn't know when the deadline was. I mean, I'm not 100% damning you or anything but I feel better offing you than some other options. This can and may change!

ljtrigirl posted:

Also, apparently the vote thingy is down. You guys might have to revote me when it's back up. Not sure how it works.

Votefinder should reread the page when it's back up.

Opopanax posted:

So when a scum dies, their entire team will be posted in the thread, is that right?

durr hurr nurr the scum team members obviously wouldn't be posted in PMs, that is a given, do I have to spell everything out

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ljtrigirl posted:

Yeah, I totally missed the Taste claim D1. I just thought that he was posting well, and I liked the things he said the couple of times I was in the thread.

Even if I'd remembered the deadline, I wouldn't have been here, so it doesn't matter.

And Taste flipped scum, not town.

Since we're correcting each other's posts, MCED claimed D1, not Taste

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

BTW, if anyone has any interest:

bowmore and garthoneeye have posted absolutely minimal content

but I am very proud of HiipFire for actually participating for once in his life

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

god drat it I even chuckled audibly at his flavor

sigh I guess dayvigging him is out of the question :v:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

it's okay tho Taste hasn't posted poo poo, what's HIS excuse

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

Evidently you do - why would Met post Alice's ability to change Bob's alignment specifically - he wouldn't FOR THE SAME loving REASON. Either you're being willfully retarded or you eat paint chips as a hobby ... or you're scum of course.

you got it backwards

pass the paint chips

(it is how I, personally, would write the roles but I guess you could be right? it depends on how Met felt like setting it up. the magic of setup spec is that it's all spec; either way, there's no call to be a cock about it)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Compare this to what Mithross did.

I think AN looks better but I also don't think "summarizing the thread" is a particularly awful offense.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ltjrigirl is my current preferred vote but I could go for cpig or, to a lesser extent, imgay.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

E+ has said some seriously weird poo poo regarding setup spec that implies he either has information we don't, or a really wild imagination. I don't know if he's scum but I'd be ok with an E+ lynch.

It's the wild imagination. If I had solid information I wouldn't be talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Oh yeah, or ep

little poo poo

• Locked thread