Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I shall come back and play again.

But I will only be able to post in the afternoons while not at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

confirming.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

because Mafia is a democracy, not a dictatorship

This is bullshit.

##vote Epsilon Plus

lynch all liars!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Would unironically lynch over this

Actually, seconded. Would definately lynch over this.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

imgay posted:

another 3p decides my alignment and another 3p decides my role. So its really up to them I guess

...And now I want to leave you in the game. Nothing can possibly go wrong!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

No one answered me about the convertible thing. Given meta on this site, is it more likely that mafia can convert people or that there's a set mafia team and a third party convertible team? Have games been run both ways here?

I've never played in a game where the mafia were allowed to change alignments to something not-mafia, since they would know the entire team and thus be able to finger them as soon as they were converted. Either recruiting failed (and functioned like a cop) or killed the target instead of recruiting them.

also ##vote imgay

Will move my vote if someone has a case that makes sense, but right now I don't see anything that is more appealing to me than lynching the guy that doesn't have an alignment, and whose alignment is legitimately determined by someone who has no incentive to place him with town (3p).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Why imgay and not cpig?

So, either they are teling the truth or they are lying:

imgay truth: imgay's alignment will be determined by a 3rd party player, whose motivations we can't know.
imgay lie: imgay is probably third party attempting to fulfill some win condition that I don't understand

cpig truth: he is unalaigned, either the scum will recruit him, the town will recruit him, or maybe the cultists will recruit him, who knows? however, the act of recruiting him will provide us with potential additional information, especially if anyone is able to watch the recruit happen.
cpig lie: probably still a jester, and gently caress that poo poo.

Of the two, I'm more comfortable voting for imgay than cpig.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

that said, I would still prefer to lynch someone we think is scum over this hypothetical alignment stuff....

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mithross posted:

Here's something I don't think anyone has pointed out. Do you still not have a scum read on anyone Amni?

eh, not really, but then I'm only half paying attention to the game due to labor day weekend plan.

##vote cpig

We can cuddle him I guess.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Imgay, were you town night 2, or did you become town at the start of day 3?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

And what would your alignment have been prior to your conversion?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

I am voting imgay because I believe that the people that are unaligned are ones that can join cults and or join scum.

I don't believe that role would join town.

I can tell you this is untrue based on my role.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Congrats on having the most boring role ever.

However I will nowreread other candidates, seeing as I am willing to believe you right now.

I will neither confirm nor deny my ability to convert other people to town alignment.

I will however ##vote imgay because I want to know the answer to my question.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

This is a scummy post of E+

...that is a very scummy post of E+. especially considering that imgay said this:

imgay posted:

another 3p decides my alignment and another 3p decides my role. So its really up to them I guess

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Amnistar posted:

And what would your alignment have been prior to your conversion?

It's like 10 posts up...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

imgay posted:

I got a pm about it when the day started

hrm...

Anyone want to take a guess at mod's order or operations concerning investigations and alignment changes?

I also feel dumb about wasting a one-shot.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Naw mod meta cases are bull

Alright well, investigation result on cpig last night came back Not Town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Lol he flipped as cult recruiter.

...imgay, not cipg. I don't know why I'm getting them confused. Corrected myself on every other post where I put the name...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

I think imgay would be a good backup lynch but I'd really rather see ANarc go today I think

would you mind summarizing the case?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yea, I honestly should have waited until tonight to use the power to be sure of results.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Hurm.

Amni, does your cop one-shot indicate any sort of reporting regarding unaligned? Because unaligned isn't necessarily "not-town," unless you're specifically only getting "not-town" as the only option.

town/not-town results only.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I mean I get how ordering shenanigans can be iffy but if we have a cop that outed themself to get this information I think we need to act on it today

just to clarify, not claiming cop. JOAT, used my one-shot cop last night, and I may have a one-shot bulletproof. May or may not be using it tonight.

who knows? :shrug:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

So, I'm guessing that there's a mafia kill and a 3p or town kill as well? It kind of seems like KB was targeted by someone that wasn't the same as the previous ones, so I'm leaning 3p for the other nightly one and that they maybe targeted Hiip, who was protected?

....o.O

Are you even trying to play this game....?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

So, I'm guessing that there's a mafia kill and a 3p or town kill as well? It kind of seems like KB was targeted by someone that wasn't the same as the previous ones, so I'm leaning 3p for the other nightly one and that they maybe targeted Hiip, who was protected?

So, the reason I quoted this and asked you was to get you to further go into your opinions, but really the problem I have is this isn't saying ANYTHING at all. You're not casing, you're not speculating on night actions, really, you're just saying "Hey, there were 2 night kills, guess there must be a second nightkill that could be town or 3rd party."

##vote ljtrgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Not lynching has a non-zero chance of the game ending for town immediately. Lynching you at least provides town one more day, with less candidates to worry about.

Logic seems sound ##vote AN

• Locked thread