Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hehe, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming that I signed up for three different games weeks apart and they all went live at the same time. :)

I will somehow manage this!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi I'm a dude in this game.

who is the scums?

I heard it was you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

Anyone elses alignment not being revealed until n3?

Nope. I'm town.

I think Hiip's interpretation is a good one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I've changed my mind. I still get the argument for knocking him out, but this seems like a super easy vote for scum to hop on. And we aren't even voting for scum at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I see your point re: easy for scum to jump on. However, it's probably not a great idea for the game to have someone that can be turned scum and also assigned a role by Either town or scum. Seems like a risky player to leave around.

Eh, the OP stated that anyone could change. Obviously there are role(s) that do that anyway. I'm not sure what makes imgay special other than he apparently doesn't even have an alignment yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, no cuddle on day one is horrible. It means tomorrow is still day 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chic Trombone posted:

wait who suggested a nolunch? am i reading this thread wrong

Quidnose posted:

While I understand the sentiment of "he could be dangerous" and we won't be able to trust him moving forward unless he ends up confirmed masons with a dead person or something, I think imgay is a waste of a cuddle today. Gives us zero information.

Really we should probably no cuddle today so people can start makign connections because what are we going to get from it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

This reads to me as someone who is seriously trying to backpedal.

This feels like a weird bandwagon thing without any of your own thought behind it.

##vote CapitalistPig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

please enlighten us as oh great and wise KB who now appears to be trying to swing votes away from someone who is acting more scummy than me to protect his scumbuddy.

You basically mirrored E+ post, didn't seem to be your own thoughts or words. Then a post later you thought better of it and tried to add a little bit of your own half-rear end thoughts. :shrug:

I typically bus my scum mates. I don't protect them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

whatever, maybe, get this crazy poo poo, MAYBE it's because E+ had a good point that I agreed with.

HOLY poo poo

Yeah, and typically you'd say that if exactly mirroring someone else's point. If you'd actually been paying close attention to the thread. But I understand it is hard to do that as scum. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean christ KB, its like you haven't played a game of mafia with me before.

Your style is hard to pin down. I used to think you were just a lurker.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

No i wouldn't?

Ok. Well, I can't counter that. It is an expectation I have of other people. I am applying it to you as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

anyway, everyone pay close attention to the fact that as soon as some votes came pouring in to quidnose KB freaked out and attacked my posting over trifles and things designed to misdirect.

And everyone pay attention to how Cpig is trying to turn this attention on him into something different?

Cpig. Find me an example from ANY game where I've ever done what you are attributing to me. You can't. I've NEVER done this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

How is the fact that you don't normally act like this a point in your favor?

And now you are playing dumb to try and score points?

You are saying, I am scum, who has a scum buddy of Quidnose, got SCARED that he had two votes on him, and tried to deflect things. Correct? This nonsense is your point, right?

That is a thing I would never do as scum. Ever. I win as scum all the time. Partly because I don't do stupid nonsense like that.

I'm pretty confident you are scum at this point from the way you are reacting to this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not saying that at all I'm saying quidnose is scum and you are being suspicious for the way you jumped on me over the dumbest most thin reasons after I voted him.

CapitalistPig posted:

lol look at this scumbo

CapitalistPig posted:

please enlighten us as oh great and wise KB who now appears to be trying to swing votes away from someone who is acting more scummy than me to protect his scumbuddy.

Really?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah. I find those trap sprung deals pretty scummy. He could be scum too. I find you scummier right now.

The part where you are trying to twist out of the actual words you said is pretty extra scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

yes really, the things I was saying implied I find you suspicious.

If I was convinced you were scum my vote would be on you.

You said the actual words. I mean, if you meant something else other than "I'm scum buddies with Quid", surely you would have said the words that would mean this other thing?

CapitalistPig posted:

I am not doing this?

You are. Words mean things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gotta go work now.

Other people should come comment on this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cpig is quite obviously scum trying to play up the jester angle as a gambit to make it through the day.

Vote him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Quidnose (6): Little Mac, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Tremendous Taste, Epsilon Plus, Magnus Gallant
CapitalistPig (6): King Burgundy, Chic Trombone, Opopanax, MC Eating Disorder, Kashuno, Kleedrac
Epsilon Plus (2): Amnistar, Quidnose
imgay (1): HiipFire
King Burgundy (1): garthoneeye
HiipFire (1): imgay
Kashuno (1): ljtrigirl

Not Voting (2): bowmore, Mithross

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 04th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT

2 hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Magnus, you think Cpig is just regular town, not scum, not jester?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ah, I missed that things had shifted. So you aren't scum or a jester, you are now claiming to be a cuddlebomb?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Ah, I missed that things had shifted. So you aren't scum or a jester, you are now claiming to be a cuddlebomb?

I read back. Apparently you are claiming both. That seems reasonable. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Are you even reading?

Honestly I started skimming your posts once you started flailing around and I knew I caught scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok put your money where your mouth is smarty pants.

Unvote so you can hammer me.

Why would I do that, exactly? I think I'm right, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb. I know I'm town and it would be silly to risk the minor chance of sacrificing myself to prove I'm a big man. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

Yeah, totally mixed up MC and Taste and thought that Taste was MC.

So wait. You thought the self proclaimed unaligned player was good instead of Taste?

Right now I'm feeling like Quid caught us a scum.

##vote ljtrigirl

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm bummed out that you guys wouldn't do Cpig with me yesterday. But having slept on it, I'm starting to firmly believe he isn't actually scum.

I still think he's likely not town though, so it probably would have been a good cuddle. I'll hop back on it if that is how we want to go today, but I think I'll be pursuing others.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I don't think MC claimed self aligned until today, did he?

Naw.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Nah they should target me because I'm also unaligned and I not only shitpost but sometimes I get upset and swear a lot

I don't care if I'm scum or town tbh

This isn't his only post about it. From 3 days ago RL.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I don't remember him claiming that, but I do remembering MC ED having contributed yesterday, AND his name was mentioned with the flips, so from those two aspects it is easy to see LTJGirl as telling the truth. She may very well be covering her rear end now, but it's a narrative that I can understand.

E+, with none of that information about her mixing up MCED and Taste, should not have given her a "it's ok people get confused because Taste plays nicely" pat on the head when taste hadn't played period. That is far more scummy.

Yeah he contributed. I still think calling someone unaligned "good" is weird. But I'll concede the point.

E+ was similarly bizarre in his response. I'd vote there too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Can you explain why I would do that if I knew Taste was scum... after everyone else learned he was scum? Why would I out myself like that? What would my thought process be?

Trying to buddy up? Couldn't think of better fake content to post at that moment and thought it would be harmless? Wanted to partially excuse yourself if you'd ever brought up Taste this game? (You probably didn't, since he was a non-entity, just listing off reasons).

I'm not in your head, can't say for certain.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

a) He didn't claim until today.
b) I came in, was like "that's the guy I thought was good. drat." and then realized I was wrong when I saw MC post because of his avatar.
c) There are like 15 people in this game that I've vaguely seen post in the discussion thread and haven't played with. Sue me for mixing them up.

Yes he did. I quoted his post from D1. He in fact, had several other posts about it as well, although they weren't all as straight forward as the one I quoted. Let me know if you need me to dig them all up for you.

And if your general argument for the rest is that you aren't paying attention. That doesn't help your case, since I realize it is harder to pay attention and care about your opinions when you are scum.

:shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

What changed your mind on him?

After I had some time to think about it away from the thread, I realized it was pretty likely Met would give him a role like that to be funny after a different recent game. That doesn't make him town though, and I still think cuddling him was the right move. But it didn't get traction. Not enough would vote with me and I think he's likely 3p or unaligned and not actually scum, so there are better fish to fry.

I'll still hop on when the time comes if that is where the consensus is, though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

I don't get what you think my agenda would be here.

Like, if I was evil with Taste, I sure as hell would have know that he'd flipped after not saying anything.

This would go towards the not really paying attention/not fully engaged scum play I think I'm seeing. You aren't invested enough to even take the time to come up with credible things to say in the moment. AKA, these are not intentional "mua ha ha I am scum and this is my strategy" posts. They are slips.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

Where did he say that yesterday?

I've quoted one of these already. Within the last page. But here:

Nah they should target me because I'm also unaligned and I not only shitpost but sometimes I get upset and swear a lot

I don't care if I'm scum or town tbh

I can't exactly say I think quid is town, he's being a little odd but I dont think I've ever see pig this flustered so the case on him makes a lot more sense to me

IMO imgay is a bad lynch today, but I can't tell if I just want to believe that lynching a currently unaligned player would be bad purely out of self interest

##vote pig

Pig where is your cool and can I help you get it back bro cause you look like you're losing it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

So, your mind change was because of meta mechanics stuff, not a capitalist read?

I don't think that Met gave out roles to people intentionally like that.

Yes.

It's funny, because if you were around D1 before deadline, we might not have to have this conversation about Pig at all. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Usually I'm down for some setup spec chat because it may help the game, but this conversation is loving stupid.

You haven't really been saying much. I'd love to hear your current take on different people.

Same goes for a couple other folks like Garth.

I'd hate it if the active people are just going at each others' throats while the scum lurk to victory.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll be on and off for the next 5 hours or so, but I'll be playing D&D at deadline. Let's decide things early! :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

ive actually been doing the posting thing alot recently

i dont like it but it keeps me from getting lynched so hey why not

Your last game posts are that you want to cuddle imgay and that cpig is funny. Is that still where you are at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

I still don't like imgay and I still think CPig is town

we should probably lynch E+

Ok. Are you going to vote to help make that happen?

• Locked thread