Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
OK, so. I have a Sylvania TV/PC monitor acting as the monitor for my desktop computer. It doesn't have a webcam internal to it.

Therefore, I need a webcam.

Monitor specs: 17" or so, LCD flatscreen...Beyond that not sure what to say...

Webcam needs: Needs to connect to computer via USB. Wireless would be awesome, but I'll take wired. Needs to be good enough for Skype video chats, and of such a type that it clips to the top of my monitor (so I can just look at my screen and the other person can see a proper picture. Internal webcams like on my laptop, I've had issues with positioning properly for physical reasons (only one eye to see with, no depth perception, etc) - I'd like to avoid that).

Because I'll be using Amazon gift cards to buy this thing, it'll need to be available on Amazon. I know I could probably get a whole new monitor, but I don't want to do that yet.

Unfortunately, I can't make heads or tails of Amazon's search results for webcams. So, uh, recommendations wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923
I really like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-LifeCam-Studio-Webcam-Q2F-00013/dp/B0096KSBB0
The monitor clip is flexible so that you can shape it to fit your particular monitor.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Does Skype still block HD video for non-Logitech brands? Choices may be limited.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014

Tellara posted:

I really like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-LifeCam-Studio-Webcam-Q2F-00013/dp/B0096KSBB0
The monitor clip is flexible so that you can shape it to fit your particular monitor.

Oooh, looks good. Bought!

OK, we can close this thread now...Or can I? I'm not too certain re SA's rules on that.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
No need to close the thread. It can now become a general webcam thread, if there isn't one already.

• Locked thread