Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

lmao I had no idea this would get acknowledged, what a great climax for the run. A divine transformation indeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Was this dude:

huge two-headed psychic goat
: yeah i'm totally a bat, trust me

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

huge two-headed psychic goat
: yeah i'm totally a bat, trust me

Used the psychic abilities to convince them that they were seeing a winged animal

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Dromad caravan historic site :getin:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
where's eat (auto) when you need it

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
This build was vaguely aiming for a dumb gimmick I've wanted to try, and the Great Dromad Merchant Massacre gave me more than enough resources to pull it off, so...

Each and every one of those clones has:
370 HP
Carapace 13 (for some natural armor, because trying to find and equip enough gear for all of them is too tedious even for me)
Corrosive Gas 19 (Powerful, scales well with multiple users, no risk of friendly fire (to me), no need for line of sight)

and Temporal Fugue 12 :unsmigghh:

Anyway, time to go tell Otho about what a good job I did negotiating for the spindle, I'm sure it'll go great.

Edit:

I think it's going well

Snake Maze fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 24, 2022

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The Great Dismal Acid Swamp

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Snake Maze posted:

This build was vaguely aiming for a dumb gimmick I've wanted to try, and the Great Dromad Merchant Massacre gave me more than enough resources to pull it off, so...

Each and every one of those clones has:
370 HP
Carapace 13 (for some natural armor, because trying to find and equip enough gear for all of them is too tedious even for me)
Corrosive Gas 19 (Powerful, scales well with multiple users, no risk of friendly fire (to me), no need for line of sight)

and Temporal Fugue 12 :unsmigghh:

Anyway, time to go tell Otho about what a good job I did negotiating for the spindle, I'm sure it'll go great.

Edit:

I think it's going well

lmao :perfect:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Can you actually hear the game cry whenever combat starts and the fugues start flying? Does it really let loose or just quietly sob to itself?

Also that's amazing and I wish I had the patience to try it.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Yeah, turns take over a second if there’s any fighting going on. Turns out the game doesn’t like having 350+ allies all spraying gas for some reason.

On the bright side it’s not like I need to do anything during fights, I spent all of the grit gate defense napping from a sleep gas grenade while my clone army dissolved the rest of the floor.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Spectacular.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Wait did you give every single one of your clones a unique name? That absolutely loving owns :allears:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait did you give every single one of your clones a unique name? That absolutely loving owns :allears:

Yes lol

It paid off when “A rat turned into a human by a wizard” got dehydrated and I was able to give him a waterskin without having to trial and error through the entire crowd!

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Snake Maze posted:

Yes lol

It paid off when “A rat turned into a human by a wizard” got dehydrated and I was able to give him a waterskin without having to trial and error through the entire crowd!

That's loving incredible, holy poo poo

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Out of all the clones I named, this is the one that ends up immortalized:

Incredible. What a way to finish.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Snake Maze posted:

:perfect:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Snake Maze posted:

Herododicus nails it, for once!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Snake Maze posted:

Holy poo poo. :allears:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
If i have a skillsoft for Two-Weapon fighting but not any of the prerequisite skills, will i still get the 75% chance for off hand strikes?
Further, if i happened to have Giant Hands and a magnetized two hand sword can i wield three two handers even though i only have two hands?

I am not at this level of Qud quite yet:

Snake Maze posted:

:vincefrog:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
IIRC yes, if you manage to skip the early levels of ambidexterity via skillsoft or water ritual or something you still get the full attack rate of the higher level skill.

If you have a magnetized weapon you can triwield. The floating weapon will even benefit from the ambidexterity skill tree, so it can be pretty strong on a melee character. Giant hands shouldn't matter for this case, magnetized gear only takes up the single floating nearby slot.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snake Maze posted:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

:black101:

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
This update is brought to you by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fAbLH_gFag

Jesus loving christ.. guess i should have paid attention. Went down all the floors of Bethesda Susa without reading anything because going in blind is the way to play.
Anyways.. after almost getting destroyed by a "humor" thing that would turn to frozen/acid/fire in the first few levels i learned that my 300 movement speed doesn't go that much faster than them. I blasted them with my laser pistols and got downstairs to..

ICY loving WONDERLAND.. Got to the last level and found a platform while injecting rubbergum salves so i don't freeze solid.
In my haste.... I didn't realize I was going to the holy sanctum of the mechanimists who i'm not overly reputable with so i ended up fighting a bunch of paladins/guardians of the sanctum and legendary priests who kept laser pistol loving my teeth in.

Not wanting to take a big reputation hit.. i sprinted to the betyl and put in the stuff then hightailed it to the top right corner just to recoil out of there. I barely lived injecting SALVE after SALVE and sprinting so hard my balls probably pinged off all 4 legs.

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 29, 2022

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, Bethesda Susa's a real brawl, but usually a fun one (unless there's like a billion gyrohumors in which case it loving sucks and I hate it, those things are the worst). I feel like it's the first dungeon in the game, barring heading to a later Sultan dungeon, where you really get to flex a semi-complete build and equipment set against serious opposition.

e: while I'm thinking about it, is there a mod/is it possible to make a mod that adds a little indicator for which square of a parasang you're in to the UI? Sometimes I'll do a grid search in the desert or flower fields if I'm trying to get faction rep, and I constantly forget which squares I've checked and have to go to the world map to check.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 29, 2022

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ptychomancer/status/1575919182931107840

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1576076659278499841?t=0F31SXqaWEKFkTaHG3Fc5w&s=19

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

if I can't build a house from the oozes in the rainbow wood no deal

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

victrix posted:

if I can't build a house out of Putus Templar skulls no deal

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Decorative putus-skull-on-a-pike

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Decorative putus-skull-on-a-pike

:hmmyes: feature request

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
What exactly distinguishes it as a Putus Templar skull though?

Even in the far future of the post post apocalypse, we can't escape phrenology.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dire Lemming posted:

Helmet? Idk i don’t actually play qud because i do not like classic roguelikes but everything about the game, devs, lore, and community is so good I’ve been hanging out in this thread for years

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Captain Foo posted:

Helmet? Idk i don’t actually play qud because i do not like classic roguelikes but everything about the game, devs, lore, and community is so good I’ve been hanging out in this thread for years
You strange creature you.

Anyways, Putus are mentioned to have twisted growth/bones, nevermind any cybernetics in their skull.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Serephina posted:

You strange creature you.

:tipshat:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Dire Lemming posted:

The wifi antenna holes

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I've always imagined them as being "Habsburgian" in the extreme.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah iirc they're super inbred, likely as a consequence of their obsession with truekin genetic purity

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

inscrutable horse posted:

I've always imagined them as being "Habsburgian" in the extreme.

Judging from some of the creature descriptions which explicitly point out (lol) the shape of their chin, that seems to be the case, yes.

That reminds me, I did try my hand at the inbred Putus Templar look in Artbreeder several months ago, but ended up going in a decidedly non-Habsburg direction with it:

https://twitter.com/gniwukiwi/status/1494815137013841924

NON-CANON!! :spergin:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1576373502243794945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Loving that mini map