Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

P.S. What does a prayer rod do?

d5+7 shock damage and a 25% chance of a 1 turn stun.

It's worded a little strange when you attack with it http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=509606559

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Flattening fire sounds like it's basically impossible to use.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

amuayse posted:

It sounds good for corridors

Which are surprisingly rare in this game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Linear cannons seem really bad with their ammo+energy use, single shot capacity and no penetration.

e: oh, it's a ranged vibroweapon. Still not super exciting but neat, I guess.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 5, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

They're not actually in the game.

I've seen blueprints spawn.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

[19:48:26] <dis_astranagant> GIVE ME 8 FULLERITE TWO-HANDED BATTLEAXES AND I'LL GIVE YOU A MIGHTY WEAPON
[19:48:50] <dis_astranagant> I ACCEPT YOUR OFFERING!
[19:49:23] <FearCatalyst> Mortal, all I ask are six metametal greatswords!
[19:49:47] <dis_astranagant> sparking baetyl gives you a folded carbide long sword ->9 <3 2d5

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

S.T.C.A. posted:

Where is Qudchat??

#roguelikes on synirc. It's fairly dead most of the time but a few of us ramble about poo poo sometimes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MrWillsauce posted:

Does anyone ever actually use the tinkering recipe for lead slugs or shotgun shells? I don't feel like 5 slugs is worth even a tier-1 bit.

Nope. Maybe if I got 500 slugs for it, since those tier 1 bits usually cost around :10bux:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If that happens I'll take a chance hiking to Kyakukya. If I die on the way I didn't miss much anyway.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clairvoyance and Enhanced Hearing exist. There's probably something tinkable that does some of that maybe.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

S.T.C.A. posted:

Could just be bias on my part, and purely anecdotally (and in light of others' comments about cragsmench armor which I've never agreed with) I think Crysteel weapons have bugged penetration values. I base this on the fact that I can cut through Cragsmensch with Folded Carbide weapons without issue, but once I equip a Crysteel weapon of equal penetration, I feel like I have far more failures to penetrate. Then again, I could just be critting a lot more with a folded carbide long sword than a crysteel dagger, but still, it feels REALLY weak compared to my folded carbide longsword.

And I mean, this is like my fifth or sixth game in Susa, and the first time I've noticed this, and only midway through this run because I picked up a crysteel dagger off a Putus Templar party (which I only could kill with a pack of sower's seeds and lots of freezing-hand kiting anyway). Prior to switching my mainhand, crags fell no problem.

E: Also, come on, why can I inject myself with empty injectors repeatedly? drat near died because I was trying to disassemble them and they caused me to massively bleed.

Yep, something's broke. Consider this set of images http://imgur.com/bNb7fXx,xsHVTGq,sgQOpYR
The first shows him getting 10 penetration out of a pair of folded carbide daggers. The second shows him getting the same out of crysteel ones. The third show his stats, including +10 agi mod.

e: actually, I might be reading that wrong. will look harder later.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 12, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wolfechu posted:

So now we have this build sharing code thing, anyone got any good ones to share?

I make bad decisions in CG, I think.

dumb arconaut test build: BBJSKMKKBCBIBPB2DNCB

also

"There was a problem saving your build." doesn't tell me anything.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

If you see that, could you send me a screenshot of the build that's causing it? Usually it's the build validator failing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Funktor posted:

Where does the underground river from Red Rock come out relative to Joppa? I want to try to go in the back way but haven't survived through the entire loop yet.

There's stairs into it from Joppa. It should be 9 screens south of Red Rock.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

killaer posted:

I don't think this game is possible without flaming hands.

I finally got a guy to lvl 15. Been running around the jungles killing goatmen. not sure where I should be going!

Freezing hands are vastly superior.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Magitek posted:

Are there any good places to find honey? The recipe to cure Glotrot requires some and I'm not going to step inside Golgotha until I have a dose ready to go.

On that note, what's the best way to ignite a canteen when it comes time to chug the Glotrot cure?

Shops carry it occasionally, as do bears.

Thermal grenade.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That's the reason why I didn't say flamethrower or flaming hands, since those do direct damage in addition to heat.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

God of Evil Cows posted:

The recipe to cure glotrot in my game calls for one part salt. Does that just mean 1 dram of saltwater or do I need to find salt somewhere?

Also, is there any way to not get glotrot in the first place? Does honey/yuckwheat actually stop it if you eat some after leaving?

dump one dram of one of the liquids on the ground and a dram of salt will leech into it shortly.

The best way to prevent glotrot is to grab a flamethrower and torch everything down there. The nasty fluids are flammable.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Let me keep one for the express purpose of spraying saltwater into the wounds of bleeding enemies.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

S.T.C.A. posted:

What's the fastest nonexplosive way to kill high armor high HP targets? Not just king crabs but even leering stalkers and stuff.

Far as I can theorycraft, the best bet would be Enhanced Speed, Temporal Fugue activated, and dual wielding vibro weapons (or vibrokeshs if you score a clone). If you purpose-built for this, Adrenal Control too, but that kinda sucks and is dangerous with Enhanced Speed unless you pumped toughness.

Also: does str boost vibro damage?

You're not going to kill a leering stalker or chrome pyramid without grenades. If they're not EMP'd you won't get close enough to do anything.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

S.T.C.A. posted:

Right, but I mean for the damage itself. THat's what I've been doing, EMPing and cycling with explosives, but I want to try EMP > get close > m@d speed with vibro weapons.

That'll work eventually but you'll have to reapply the emp a bunch because your damage per round won't be too exciting. Quickness tops out at about 200, plus whatever speed reduction you get out of time dilation.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 17, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

packetmantis posted:

What in the hell is a hypertractor.

A tractor beam. Counts as a rifle, does no damage, costs as much to fire as an overloaded laser pistol and teleports whatever you hit next to you. Looks like it could be fun for people who can't stand the idea of doing damage outside of melee.

FR: make hypertractor and freeze ray heavy weapons. They outweigh most of them and sweeping with one sounds amusing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Floodkiller posted:

E: Also, I didn't know chrome pyramids could spawn at Golgotha :ohdear:

There isn't a :stonk: big enough. I've only ever seen them after a fair bit of searching in the Deathlands.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 19, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, nothing else comes close. They can dish out a thousand damage a round at range and generally require hundreds of pounds of explosives and emp grenades to take down.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Humans Among Us posted:

Where can i find this mythical place?

North edge of the map, halfway between Bethesda Susa and the Six Day Stilt.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That brings to mind Castle of the Winds.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Humans Among Us posted:

Goddamn, the 12gauge shotgun absolutely murders goatmen. And that on a character with barely any agility (13).

Like it one shots 2 or 3 dudes from 5 spaces away lol. Love it :madmax:

Last I knew it was bugged to do thousands of damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

Activated freak-out-and-kill-everything buffs are the best. Berserk is loving awesome for that since it lets you decide a guy needs to be in a million pieces because gently caress that guy. Using it on Jotun is funny as hell.

Please give bludgeons an activated megaskill that's basically the "knock a guy back" skill on combat drugs. Just run up to that Sawhander and Homerun Bat it like fifteen squares with a satisfying SMAAAAASH!

Bonus points if it does a metric fuckton of damage for bouncing him off the back wall/another enemy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Humans Among Us posted:

If i shoot down a couple of Caravan Guards, is that going to hurt my chances to trade with other caravans later? This camel has a vibro dagger i want...

I don't think you get rep one way or another from random caravans. But fighting a caravan means getting stomped on by the great saltbacks for huge damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

ed: The vinereaper only comes in steel while the battle axe comes in many different grades and metals.

There are iron vinereapers. Player watervine farmers start with them :science:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What about the random offbreed steel weapons like vinereapers, utility knives, and butcher knives?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

We're deferring any changes with the actual distribution of data disks system/etc to the tinkering refactor.

Got a rough ETA on that?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Slog's Butthole is a thing, I guess.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MrWillsauce posted:

Is there a buggy way to obtain and wield its butthole? I once disarmed a spitting vine and wielded its spitter.

Not even buggy. It's one of the new master butchery targets. You wear it as a bracelet and it halves poison damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

No, that's the flamethrower, with occasional exception for the grenade launcher or missile launcher.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Things that are buggy: Sweep doesn't work. If I use it with a flamer it just fires one shot and goes on cooldown. If I try it with a chaingun it tells me I don't have a ranged weapon equipped.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You won't have enough ammo til you reach Grit Gate and I hear that might be a one time supply. Even then, you'll want grenades or something to deal with high armor targets unless you want to plink away praying for crits.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

amuayse posted:

Is there some way to buy an entire stack of items (ammo, vinewafers, etc) in one button press?

I had to look up how not to :v: I think you hit + over the stacks but I don't really think about it so I could be forgetting something.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Same is true for basically anything with a ranged attack that isn't a snapjaw hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Skill cooldowns come from Willpower, but I don't know what the actual formula is. If you want to make use of powers more often, there's the Group Mind mutation...

Seemed somewhere around cooldown/(1+(will mod/5)) for positive will mods last time I poked at it.